Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Barcelona Qualifying
1656525589338.png

OUT: RUS, PIA, GIO, DVR, RIC (because VET set his time first)
1656526175847.png

OUT: STR, VER, PER, ALO, VET
1656526241698.png

Strategy report is already in my previous post, so
This update will run until lap 23 (and the next update will be lap 46).
Deadline June 30th 20:00 CEST

Last edited:
Barcelona Race Laps 1-23
1.PNG

Bottas has a slow getaway, as Hulkenberg gets released to chase down Norris. Alonso gains a place, however is quickly repassed by Vettel on the soft tyres.
5.PNG

Vettel makes more progress, but looks to be stuck behind Zhou. Magnussen pulls away on softs. Hulkenberg is within DRS of Norris now, but unable to pass.
9.PNG
13.PNG

De Vries becomes the first retirement of the race, as he seems to pick up all the bad luck in NLE.
17.PNG
First round of pitstops was very interesting. Magnussen was briefly stuck behind Zhou, however quickly re-passes him. Vetel does a great outlap, and manages to jump Gasly out of the stop. He also manages to clear Russell.
21.PNG

Leclerc also pits, and is jumped by both Gasly and Vettel, as they rush to their positions before the stops. Hulkenberg makes a comment on the radio how the tyres are still good.

Next update until lap 46.
Deadline July 1st, 17:00 CEST

Barcelona Laps 24-46
24.PNG
27.PNG
30.PNG
33.PNG
36.PNG
39.PNG
42.PNG
45.PNG

I noticed the yellow marker for mistakes/pitstops didn't appear this update, but I've fixed it so it'll begin to appear again.

Next update until lap 66 (end)
Deadline July 2nd 17:00 CEST

Last edited:
Barcelona Laps 47-58

47.PNG
51.PNG
55.PNG
Since it is a VSC, I will give players the opportunity to pit for an 8 lap sprint if they wish.

Deadline July 3rd 16:00 CEST

Last edited:
Barcelona laps 59-66
59.PNG

Albon had to pit to switch to a different compound, while Alonso opted to pit. Giovinazzi complained on team radio how preference was given to Alonso.
60.PNG

Vettel manages to finally pass Bottas, who has stayed quite long on that tyre set.
61.PNG

Alonso has already gained 2 positions, it will be interesting to see if he can reach Gio again.
62.PNG

Alonso in clean air sets the new fastest lap, a full 2 seconds faster than Gasly at this point.
63.PNG

The Renault has once again failed Magnussen, as he once again retires from the race lead. Norris inherits the lead. Ricciardo also retires which will likely mean Falcon scores no points.
64.PNG

Alonso is past Gasly, he will have a hard task to catch up to Zhou. Likewise, Albon passes Bottas.
65.PNG

Hulk is quite quickly catching up to Norris as his tyres begin to deteriorate.
66.PNG
Vettel manages a great defense on Albon, while Alonso does end up catching Zhou. He was, however unhappy to have lost the place to his teammate.
Norris manages to hold his lead.

The first post is NOT updated, so don't make buys yet pls :p

Monaco Free Practice
1656862423735.png
1656862617688.png

Weather report is FULL DRY.

First posts are updated.
Market is open until July 5th, 23:00 CEST

Last edited:
Monaco Qualifying
1657034349119.png

OUT: GIO, ZHO, RIC, ALB, PER

Russell didn't crash, very nearly managed to avoid taking damage.
1657034434131.png

OUT: ALO, PIA, STR, MAG, HUL
1657034595370.png

The Renaults really improved on the second laps, while neither NLE or Jawz could find clean air for their cars.

Strategy report:
1657034848364.png

Soft - 27 laps
Medium - 46 laps
Hard - 58 laps

I would potentially add S-M with some tyre saving, but it will be risky for about 7 laps. But it's also Monaco so if you are already ahead it might be fine.

The one and only update this race goes until lap 31, and after that until the race end.
Deadline July 7th 18:00 CEST

Last edited:
Couple of announcements:
-I'm trialing a new mechanical failure system, which is supposed to be more random. Instead of using the excel RAND(), I have a very large random.org randomized array and I will use a seed.
-I'm also trialing a tyre heating system, meaning undercuts will be less powerful as the tyres will now need to warm up. It will be compound-dependent. You will notice in the Tyres chart, it will lean towards blue as the tyres are colder, they will stay this green colour if they are at optimal temps, and orange when they get warm (they will only get warm if they are heavily worn out). I don't want to integrate it with pace modes, I feel it may be too complex but I may run another poll about it later.
-I simulated all of the new colours on a colour blindness filter and it should be distinct for all types, I also changed the worn out colour to make it more distinct for green-weak. (@Millsy24 better?)
1657073263298.png

-I've added the effect of pace modes and SC under 2d and 2e in the first post.
-After this race I will show the chance of finishing % in the first post pictures, next to your engine

Last edited:
The deadline will be delayed until July 7th, 18:00 CEST instead as I was asked to move it :thumbsup:

(and yeah you can ask to move it if you’re busy/unavaliable for that particular day. I guess I’ll add that to the first post too)

Last edited:
-I simulated all of the new colours on a colour blindness filter and it should be distinct for all types, I also changed the worn out colour to make it more distinct for green-weak. (@Millsy24 better?)
other than optimal and worn out (old) being exactly the same colour, its great!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.