Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imola Race Laps 26-35
26.PNG
30.PNG
34.PNG
Next update until lap 50.
Deadline June 16th 23:00 CEST

Imola Race Laps 36-50
36.PNG
39.PNG
45.PNG
48.PNG

edit: i re-posted lap 47, ignore it

UPDATED WEATHER REPORT:
The forecast predicts a light rain to start soon, with it progressively going heavy.

So the next update runs until rain starts falling on track.
Deadline: June 18th 13:00 CEST

Last edited:
I'm noticing a few things I forgot to mention:
-I accidentally re-posted the order from lap 47 in the final picture, so it should be ignored.
-Giovinazzi crashed, which may (or may not) cause a safety car on lap 51. I won't be stopping the race on this lap, unless it starts raining.
-The time lost on inters on a fully dry track is 10 seconds. While the time lost on dry tyres on a intermediate track, is 25 seconds.

Last edited:
So many of us ready to pit for new tyres shortly after Lap 50. But will the rain wait long enough and not force us to pit off of "fresh" tyres in exchange for Inters. Ugh.

Imola Race Laps 51-53
51.PNG

SC comes out due to Gio grash, Zhou pits.
52.PNG
53.PNG

The rain begins to fall, and the track is getting wet.
I will do a 2-lap updates until everyone is on inter/wet tyres. So until lap 55.
Deadline 20th June, 01:00 CEST (1 day)

edit: the weather report says the rain might even go to heavy, making the track fully wet. But it might also get heavier after the race, too.
For now it's light.

Last edited:
Oh also just a reminder, the time lost on wets on an intermediate track is 5 seconds per lap.
And inters on a wet track is 10 seconds per lap.

I will write "DRS is disabled" when the track is very obviously intermediate, so somewhat after the crossover point.

Would it be possible to get something like a percent-wet so we can guess our strategy?
I have an active wetness level, but I wanted to avoid showing it as I felt it would make the transition very easy to guess, and I wanted there to be some variance.
But, I do have ideas to re-work the way wet race updates work, as I’m not actually happy with how they are turning out
So in a future wet race I will probably include some kind of wetness indicator.
Right now it’s staying as is, so as Mark said, no %s.

Last edited:
Imola Laps 54-55
54.PNG

Very busy pitlane, as DTK opt to double stack.
55.PNG

The track got very wet, and it caught Russell out, as he loses 2 positions. Bottas has a slow lap on wets.

edit: I did a correction for Stroll, as I had missed his pitstop on lap 54.

DRS is disabled, and I will experiment with the new wet weather update.
So the rain intensity will increase on lap 57, going to heavy rain, and the track will reach the crossover point at some point between laps 59 and 62. If you plan to pit, you have to blind guess the crossover point.
The track is guaranteed to favour wets for laps 62 and 63, however it's not guaranteed that it will reach wetness 100.
The rainfall is still light at the moment, but the track has not reached intermediate wetness yet (currently on wetness 34).

Next update goes until the end of the race, so lap 63, and lasts 2 days. So you should pick whether you want to switch again to wets, and the pitstop lap for that.
Deadline June 21st 23:00 CEST

edit: if there is a SC/red flag, the race will finish under SC.

Last edited:
Imola Laps 56-63
56.PNG

The last of the dry runners pit, taking a gamble and taking the wet tyres, while Bottas is still kinda slow on them.
57.PNG

The track wetness is now at 50% wet, optimal for the Inter tyre.
58.PNG

The rain begins to fall more heavily now.
59.PNG

Alonso looks to be cruising to his first win this season, as the track is still not getting wet.
60.PNG

But no! Alonso makes a big mistake, and loses 3 places! He now has to defend from a charging Albon.
My man can't get any luck, first Alpine's clown strategy then the stewards, and now even in Excel.
61.PNG

At 71% wet, finally the track is in a position where the wet tyres begin to pick up speed. Alonso and Albon both lose time in their fight.
62.PNG

The intermediate runners begin to struggle, but it's not enough to give any hope to the wet runners.
63.PNG

And Perez wins this chaotic race, thus becoming the first Ferrari winner this season! Verstappen has a great comeback from his terrible sprint race, to finish 2nd, while Russell completes the podium after Falcon only just missed the pit window. What it could've been for Russell and Alonso both. Meanwhile, Albon was the best placed Renault in 5th. Stroll holds the fastest lap from his short stint on softs.
The track ends at 83% wet.

and yes I know the total race time isn't right, idc :p
Well I hope this race provided some entertainment, although I was not happy by the very short updates for the rain, which prolonged the race a fair bit. From now on, I will only do 1-day updates, and if there is rain I will have you blind guessing the crossover point again so we can finish about 1 race per week or so.
The plan is to also re-work how the tyre wear is calculated, but I'll give more info after quali.

Miami will be fully DRY all weekend and here are the 2 practice sessions:
1655739795420.png
1655739813304.png

Yes I know it will hurt for non-Renaults, the power reliance of this track really gives them an advantage here :p

5-race delay before Silverstone
10-race delay before Zandvoort

The budgets have been updated.
Deadline for buys is 2 days, so June 22nd 17:00 CEST.
And then each race update after that will go 1 day.

Last edited:
Imola Laps 56-63
View attachment 575781
The last of the dry runners pit, taking a gamble and taking the wet tyres, while Bottas is still kinda slow on them.
View attachment 575782
The track wetness is now at 50% wet, optimal for the Inter tyre.
View attachment 575783
The rain begins to fall more heavily now.
View attachment 575784
Alonso looks to be cruising to his first win this season, as the track is still not getting wet.
View attachment 575785
But no! Alonso makes a big mistake, and loses 3 places! He now has to defend from a charging Albon.
My man can't get any luck, first Alpine's clown strategy then the stewards, and now even in Excel.
View attachment 575786
At 71% wet, finally the track is in a position where the wet tyres begin to pick up speed. Alonso and Albon both lose time in their fight.
View attachment 575787
The intermediate runners begin to struggle, but it's not enough to give any hope to the wet runners.
View attachment 575788
And Perez wins this chaotic race, thus becoming the first Ferrari winner this season! Verstappen has a great comeback from his terrible sprint race, to finish 2nd, while Russell completes the podium after Falcon only just missed the pit window. What it could've been for Russell and Alonso both. Meanwhile, Albon was the best placed Renault in 5th. Stroll holds the fastest lap from his short stint on softs.
The track ends at 83% wet.

and yes I know the total race time isn't right, idc :p
Well I hope this race provided some entertainment, although I was not happy by the very short updates for the rain, which prolonged the race a fair bit. From now on, I will only do 1-day updates, and if there is rain I will have you blind guessing the crossover point again so we can finish about 1 race per week or so.
The plan is to also re-work how the tyre wear is calculated, but I'll give more info after quali.

Miami will be fully DRY all weekend and here are the 2 practice sessions:
View attachment 575796
Yes I know it will hurt for non-Renaults, the power reliance of this track really gives them an advantage here :p

5-race delay before Silverstone
10-race delay before Zandvoort

The budgets have been updated.
Deadline for buys is 2 days, so June 22nd 17:00 CEST.
And then each race update after that will go 1 day.
Standings are not updated

Miami GP Qualifying
1655923883684.png

OUT: GIO, DVR, RIC, RUS, GAS
1655924045637.png

OUT: BOT, PIA, ALB, ALO, STR

and because Piastri's failure is specifically a gearbox failure, he will have to take a 5 place penalty.
1655924113428.png

Potential strategies:
1655924323278.png

Now, I haven't actually finished the tyre wear re-work, but I'll try to make it at least like this:
Soft - 17 laps
Medium - 22 laps
Hard - 27 laps

Deadline June 23rd 21:00 CEST.
The first update will go until lap 17, and the following updates will go to laps 33, 44.
So I need starting tyres and if you will make a pitstop

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back