Race Department Forum Racing - Season 38

Round 2 - United States Grand Prix
Sprint Race
R02.jpg

The race is GOGOGO!!!
What you have to post: Finish

I was most definitely using my phone and checking the internet when you posted this, as well as multiple other times before Jimmy saw it. Just never thought to come to RD and potentially win a race.

In my defense, I was at my high school's last football game of the season last night, which unfortunately was a miserable loss 49-28.

Last edited:
Slow and steady wins the race
Well, sometimes at least. The United States Grand Prix was a rather uneventful one, until the final lap at least. Lutz looked set to win his home GP, but entering the final lap he suddenly slowed down. His car developed gearbox issues, dropping him down place by place. Wolf and Utzer, who made a surprise return, flew past, but battling for what was now the race win they crashed, and had to drag their heavily damaged cars to the line. Keranen appeared to be surprised by the whole situation, and just slowed down, staying behind Lutz. Engberink inherited the lead, but a few meters from the line he ran out of fuel. In the end Jimmy Laad won the race. Experiencing problems early on, he was going slow and steady for most of the race, just nursing his car to the chequered flag. It brought him a most surprising win in a race that seemingly nobody wanted to win. Engberink pushed his car over the line and still finished second. Lutz completed the podium in 3rd, with Keranen right behind him. Utzer and Wolf finished 5th and 6th, both their cars missing plenty of parts.

R2.PNG

Orange delight
The Dutch GP turned into one massive party, as local hero Tim Engberink dominated the race from start to finish. Championship leader Jimmy Laad was the only one able to keep up to some extent, but at some point he just accepted that there was no way to beat Engberink today, and settled for second place. Utzer and Keranen were battling for the final podium spot for much of the race. Utzer had the upper hand, while Keranen walked away empty handed. He overdid it trying to find a way past, and crashed out. Wolf finished 4th not too far behind. Lutz slept at the start, which in the end cost him too much time to be able to finish any higher.

R3.PNG

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 53 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 55 21.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • Forum trophies