Race Department Forum Racing - Season 38

Welcome to the 38th season of Race Department Forum Racing!

Joining
Joining is quick and simple. Just make a post stating your interest to join. You can form a team with another driver, or just sign up as independent driver.

The Races
The most important part of the game. A race consists of the moderator making a post containing the words GOGOGO (most times, occasionally the moderator forgets to include these words). After this, you must make specific posts in a certain order and time span as quickly as possible, depending on the type of race. A race will end when every contender finishes, or when 24 hours (or more, depending on availability of the moderator) have passed since the last finisher.

Sprint Race
As soon as a sprint race has started, you have to post "Finish". The one to post first wins.

Start times
The start times will still be spread somewhat equally, so that no timezone has a clear advantage/disadvantage. However, there most likely will be no starts between 23-6 GMT (22-5 GMT during DST). I don't want to rule it out completely, but especially on weekdays it's unlikely to happen due to work and I wanting to have a good night's sleep.

Gentleman's rule
In order to keep the game fun and interesting for everyone, you shouldn't set up email alerts for new replies in this thread. Past events have shown that it isn't healthy for the game itself, and that's it's more enjoyable for all participants if they're not used.

Penalties
You can't get a penalty for timing infringements in a sprint race. In the feature race, each minute you post a section of the race early will earn you a 30 minute penalty to your race time.

Tagging your team mate/other drivers during the race to get them to finish sooner is allowed.

After you post, you are not allowed to edit that post for 5 minutes. If you post early, you cannot re-post that same order, you must carry on from there and accept the penalty. This also applies to posting the wrong thing, where you must wait 5 minutes and post the correct thing. Your time will be counted from the correction onwards. After posting one of the components of a race (Start, Pit, Finish), if the same one is posted soon after, it will be classed as a correction. This means that times will be counted from that post. Penalties can still be given out for double posting within 5 minutes.

Inactivity
If you don't finish several races in succession, you will no longer be waited for regarding results. Furthermore, your seat can be taken by a new sign-up. If you finish again after having lost your seat, you'll have to join a new team.

Feel free to make suggestions, or ask if anything's unclear.

Calendar
Calendar_S38.PNG

Drivers
@Jimlaad43
@rubaru
@oldwolf
@Tim.E
@Aidan Keranen
@Benutzername

Standings
WDC.PNG

Last edited:
I got the mention and I am in definitely! Will we be using some of the old car templates(if you remember those) for picking teams etc?:p
Use whatever car/team you like, just stick to F1-like openwheelers please :). Don't want a mix of prototypes, openwheel etc.

As stated in the opening post, you can form teams of 2 drivers maximum, or join as independent driver.

I'll sign up even if I miss a ton of races.

I probably won't even tick the notification button as it sends it to my discord and that's basically an email system

Only 5 unfortunately, had hoped for just a few more :(. But it doesn't look likely. If you guys wanna go ahead with it anyway, I'd start the season. Race starts then could happen at any point, starting Monday.

Points system would be oldschool F1, 9-6-4-3-2-1. Should there be more signups during the season, I'd adjust that so each position makes a difference.

Also since there's only 5, I'd drop the teams, just have everyone as independent driver, like it's been occasionally in previous seasons. Would only concern Tim, since others didn't name a team anyway.

Please leave a reply or rating, just so that I know you all got the message.

Like if we could get another driver it would be perfect because we could have 3 teams of 2 and a constructors championship as well. Maybe if we remain 5 drivers we could have a constructors championship with two teams(one with three drivers) and only the top two of that team would score points(a bit like WRC).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back