Race Department Forum Racing - Season 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buurlage dominates the second race in a row
A flawless performance from Lesley Buurlage saw him score a second victory of the season, extending his perfect run with pole position. As he streaked off into the distance with team mate Sigoulakis in tow, and interesting battle between Sauber drivers Said and Utzer was decided on the run to the pitstops. Utzer lunged up the inside of Said into Turn 9 on the lap before the stops, forcing Said to stack in the pitlane behind his team mate. Caterham struggled for pace, with Lutz only able to find 6th place ahead of new team mate Dovizioso. Lotus' bad start to the season continued with Old Wolf's 11th place only just sparing their blushes.
upload_2019-2-6_15-57-38.png

@Lesley Buurlage: Strong qualifying and race puts you in a great position. Were the team ever tempted to force team orders to get that extra point?
@Omer Said: Getting mugged like that must have hurt. What was going through your mind while you were sat behind Utzer in the pitlane?
@Jolero02: What's up at Lotus? Will we see an upturn in the car's pace for future rounds, or is this it?

Countdown for the next race is active.​

With the car as it currently is we can only do so much. We are looking to move up the grid in the next few races, hiding a few tricks up my sleeve yet, but realistically we don’t think we can get to the top in the space of a race.

@Lesley Buurlage: Strong qualifying and race puts you in a great position. Were the team ever tempted to force team orders to get that extra point?​
if there was any, i wasn't aware of it. and even then i wouldn't had accepted it. The team is important, but at the beginning of a season i'm not willing to sacrifice 5 classification points to gain an extra bonus point, that's just insane. later on in the season when manolis or mark need those points to help them in the championship i would think about it, but at this stage of the season i respond to a team order with a fat hard NO

@Omer Said: Getting mugged like that must have hurt. What was going through your mind while you were sat behind Utzer in the pitlane?

Around those laps, we were having a pit-radio battle to get the pitstop priority. Then Peter said, "whoever comes first, gets to stop first." Then Ben past me. Fair and square. I could have delayed my pitstop for 1 lap, but my tyres were crying, I feared a possible puncture. It is a great result for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back