Race Department Forum Racing - Season 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
LUTZ TAKES FINAL WIN OF THE SEASON
Jason Lutz made it back-to-back victories with a win in Argentina, securing his position as second in the drivers championship. Dovizioso stormed to second place behind Lutz, meaning that despite Sauber taking the next 3 spots, Caterham managed to leapfrog the Swiss team into second in the Constructors championship by 4 points! Old Wolf came home 6th, to solidify that position. Caterham amazingly did this despite 8 points of Dovizioso's total being for Renault in the first round! Red Bull were mysteriously off the pace, with champion Buurlage leading Lintner in 7th and 8th respectively. Manolis Sigoulakis signed off his career (for now) with a 10th placed finish for the former champion. The race pretty much encapsulated Lotus' season - the less said about it the better.
upload_2019-4-3_19-34-9.png

@rubaru, another solid win, with your name plastered over a third of the race wins this season. Was there ever a thought to give Andrea the win for that extra Constructors point?
@oorjit07 I heard the team radio telling you to attack the Caterhams at all costs. What prevented you from getting past?
@TTupsi, the race looked so promising after qualifying, what held you up?

And with that, the season is over. Thanks to everyone who played and helped to MAKE FORUM RACING GREAT AGAIN. With that sentiment, it makes sense to hand the reins over to an American, so please get ready for Season 32 - Presented by @rubaru!

Stay tuned, full stats and end of season interviews on the way soon.​

Forum Racing Season 31 statistics

Wins
Jason Lutz scored 4 outright wins to just edge out champion Buurlage, whose team race win is counted separately. Utzer is the only other driver with multiple outright wins, while Dovizioso and Rinneaho took one apiece. Lintner and Sigoulakis shared Red Bull's team win.
*Team race wins counted in brackets
  1. LUT - 4
  2. BUU - 3 (1)
  3. UTZ - 2
  4. DOV, RIN - 1
  5. LIN, SIG - (1)
The team win wasn't enough to stop Caterham though, as they were the only team to get wins with two different drivers, as each team (except Renault, we don't talk about Renault :roflmao:) gets at least one win.
  1. Caterham - 5
  2. Red Bull - 4
  3. Sauber - 2
  4. Lotus - 1
Poles
Jason Lutz tops this too, with his two poles. Interestingly, everyone who started on pole won the race this season, except Oorjit Mishra in the team race. Amazing, seeing as that was the only race without the bonus point for failing to win.
  1. LUT - 2
  2. BUU, UTZ, MIS - 1
  1. Caterham, Sauber - 2
  2. Red Bull - 1
Podiums
Buurlage tops the podiums count, finishing on the rostrum in three quarters of the races. Lutz and Utzer next, with Dovizioso and Sigoulakis tied on 4. Omer Said and Oorjit Mishra were the drivers with the most podiums to not score wins, with 3 each. Amazingly, all 12 drivers all visited the podium at least once through the season!
*Team race podiums are 1 per driver, whereas the whole team scores 1, rather than 3
  1. BUU - 9
  2. LUT - 7
  3. UTZ - 5
  4. DOV, SIG - 4
  5. SAI, MIS - 3
  6. LIN, RIN - 2
  7. WOL, ROA, KER - 1
Red Bull took the most podiums overall, as Caterham and Sauber sat tied on 10, Lotus trailing on 4.
  1. Red Bull - 13
  2. Caterham, Sauber - 10
  3. Lotus - 4
Points finishes (Top 8)
Lesley Buurlage showed his true quality in consistency, scoring points in every race during the season. Lutz (USA), Utzer (Azerbaijan) and Lintner (Germany) all almost had perfect records too, but missed out once. The cause of Lotus' struggles is shown drastically here, as they only scraped together 14 points finishes out of 36 chances.
*Podium finish in team race
  1. BUU - 12
  2. LUT, UTZ, LIN - 11
  3. DOV, SAI, MIS - 8
  4. SIG, WOL - 7
  5. RIN - 6
  6. ROA, KER - 4
End of season Interviews
@Lesley Buurlage, now that the season is over, you can relax you sweaty soccer skin you :D. Did you ever think the title was in doubt, or would you say it was an easy season?
@rubaru, so close yet so far. Another solid season but the title was out of your grasp again. When do you see your name written on it in the future?
@Benutzername, the Triple Crown still beckons. What held you back this season from challenging for the missing link, Forum Racing?
@Dovi design, It's fair to say this was a breakthrough season for you, getting your best ever finish in 4th. Is this the perfect impetus for a title challenge in the future?
@Márk Lintner, a fantastic debut season for you, how did having the eventual title winner in your team help you learn?
@Omer Said, 1 point off 5th and the highest placed driver without a win. Would you say that was to be expected, or was a disappointment?
@oorjit07, a podium to start and finish the season, but not much else inside. What was the mood like inside the Sauber factory after missing out on second in the Constructors Championship?
@manolis Sigoulakis, I know it was just a team race, but will you be heartened that you finished your last season before retirement with a race win, and as Constructors Champion?
@oldwolf, you didn't quite reach the same heights as your team mates, but can you be pleased with the way the season went for you?
@TTupsi, 1 win, but otherwise a disastrous season. What did Lotus get wrong?
@Jolero02, a tough debut season for you, have you learned much and can you come back stronger in the future?
@Aidan Keranen, I suppose you're going to blame that on being in a Lotus not a McLaren aren't you?

Questions to all
How do you think the season went overall?
Did you like the number of races?
Did you like the variety of race types, and the special ones thrown in (predetermined start time, Team race etc...)?
What was your best memory from the season?
Are you looking forward to season 32?

And most importantly...
Rate this post LOVE if you think I MADE FORUM RACING GREAT AGAIN!!!

Thanks for the season guys. Now it's time for me to break out that sweaty gear and beat you lot next season :sneaky:

@manolis Sigoulakis, I know it was just a team race, but will you be heartened that you finished your last season before retirement with a race win, and as Constructors Champion?
It was a great feeling to get that win and I was extremely happy with getting on the top step of the podium (and not messing the race up for the other two guys). I have taken part in fourteen seasons of this and I am genuinely happy of the results and memories created in these years. Special thanks to Mark and Lesley, as well as Jimmy, for this season and everyone else for the last six years (holy **** it has been a long time).

I don't know what the future holds, but I will visit the paddock from time to time. What I will say is that I am taking a sabbatical. And maybe it ends up like Mika's and Jenson's.

End of season Interviews
@Benutzername, the Triple Crown still beckons. What held you back this season from challenging for the missing link, Forum Racing?​

Questions to all
Did you like the variety of race types, and the special ones thrown in (predetermined start time, Team race etc...)?

And most importantly...

Thanks for the season guys. Now it's time for me to break out that sweaty gear and beat you lot next season :sneaky:
Sleep.
While i am dedicated to the series and try my best, i am not a sleep-deprived maniac, refreshing the site every few seconds to see if a race has started. I am pretty satisfied with my results during the last few seasons, a couple of wins, a couple of podiums, always somewhere near the top of the field. Maybe one day it will be enough for the top spot.

-

I think the season was a big step forward to making RDFR great again. Even some baner and special races have made ther comeback. Further improvements could come if we have more participants, ideally ones that dont just post finish. Or some photoshop shenanigans? :D

Best memory was the dominant home gp, aswell as the donuts @the_sigman made with his car during the race. Or else he would have finished higher, i guess.

Wins
Jason Lutz scored 4 outright wins to just edge out champion Buurlage, whose team race win is counted separately. Utzer is the only other driver with multiple outright wins, while Dovizioso and Rinneaho took one apiece. Lintner and Sigoulakis shared Red Bull's team win.
  1. LUT - 4
  2. BUU - 3 (1)
  3. UTZ - 2
  4. DOV, RIN - 1
  5. LIN, SIG - (1)
The team win wasn't enough to stop Caterham though, as they were the only team to get wins with two different drivers, as each team (except Renault, we don't talk about Renault :roflmao:) gets at least one win.
  1. Caterham - 5
  2. Red Bull - 4
  3. Sauber - 2
  4. Lotus - 1
Poles
Jason Lutz tops this too, with his two poles. Interestingly, everyone who started on pole won the race this season, except Oorjit Mishra in the team race. Amazing, seeing as that was the only race without the bonus point for failing to win.
  1. LUT - 2
  2. BUU, UTZ, MIS - 1
  1. Caterham, Sauber - 2
  2. Red Bull - 1
Podiums
Buurlage tops the podiums count, finishing on the rostrum in three quarters of the races. Lutz and Utzer next, with Dovizioso and Sigoulakis tied on 4. Omer Said and Oorjit Mishra were the drivers with the most podiums to not score wins, with 3 each. Amazingly, all 12 drivers all visited the podium at least once through the season!
*Team race podiums are 1 per driver, whereas the whole team scores 1, rather than 3
  1. BUU - 9
  2. LUT - 7
  3. UTZ - 5
  4. DOV, SIG - 4
  5. SAI, MIS - 3
  6. LIN, RIN - 2
  7. WOL, ROA, KER - 1
Red Bull took the most podiums overall, as Caterham and Sauber sat tied on 10, Lotus trailing on 4.
  1. Red Bull - 13
  2. Caterham, Sauber - 10
  3. Lotus - 4
Points finishes (Top 8)
Lesley Buurlage showed his true quality in consistency, scoring points in every race during the season. Lutz (USA), Utzer (Azerbaijan) and Lintner (Germany) all almost had perfect records too, but missed out once. The cause of Lotus' struggles is shown drastically here, as they only scraped together 14 points finishes out of 36 chances.
  1. BUU - 12
  2. LUT, UTZ, LIN - 11
  3. DOV, SAI, MIS - 8
  4. SIG, WOL - 7
  5. RIN - 6
  6. ROA, KER - 4
End of season Interviews
@Lesley Buurlage, now that the season is over, you can relax you sweaty soccer skin you :D. Did you ever think the title was in doubt, or would you say it was an easy season?
@rubaru, so close yet so far. Another solid season but the title was out of your grasp again. When do you see your name written on it in the future?
@Benutzername, the Triple Crown still beckons. What held you back this season from challenging for the missing link, Forum Racing?
@Dovi design, It's fair to say this was a breakthrough season for you, getting your best ever finish in 4th. Is this the perfect impetus for a title challenge in the future?
@Márk Lintner, a fantastic debut season for you, how did having the eventual title winner in your team help you learn?
@Omer Said, 1 point off 5th and the highest placed driver without a win. Would you say that was to be expected, or was a disappointment?
@oorjit07, a podium to start and finish the season, but not much else inside. What was the mood like inside the Sauber factory after missing out on second in the Constructors Championship?
@oldwolf, you didn't quite reach the same heights as your team mates, but can you be pleased with the way the season went for you?
@Jolero02, a tough debut season for you, have you learned much and can you come back stronger in the future?
@Aidan Keranen, I suppose you're going to blame that on being in a Lotus not a McLaren aren't you?

Questions to all

And most importantly...

The teamwork was what helped me getting info from my teammates about strategy. It was a good first season for me

Last edited:

Wins
  1. LUT - 4
  2. BUU - 3 (1)
  3. UTZ - 2
  4. DOV, RIN - 1
  5. LIN, SIG - (1)
  1. Caterham - 5
  2. Red Bull - 4
  3. Sauber - 2
  4. Lotus - 1
Poles
  1. LUT - 2
  2. BUU, UTZ, MIS - 1
  1. Caterham, Sauber - 2
  2. Red Bull - 1
Podiums
  1. BUU - 9
  2. LUT - 7
  3. UTZ - 5
  4. DOV, SIG - 4
  5. SAI, MIS - 3
  6. LIN, RIN - 2
  7. WOL, ROA, KER - 1
  1. Red Bull - 13
  2. Caterham, Sauber - 10
  3. Lotus - 4
Points finishes (Top 8)
  1. BUU - 12
  2. LUT, UTZ, LIN - 11
  3. DOV, SAI, MIS - 8
  4. SIG, WOL - 7
  5. RIN - 6
  6. ROA, KER - 4
End of season Interviews

Questions to all

And most importantly...

Doubts about the title? No, was it an easy season? Also no, got sloppy the longer the season lasted and i don't want that to happen again. For the coming season i only have 2 goals: another championship and a podium in every race

I am very disappointed. I was definitely eyeing that 5th spot, but the last few races were terrible. Car did not feel OK and I could not push it to the limits.

Thanks for the solid and steady moderation, I am still not sure about the Team race, but the rest of the season was perfect!

@rubaru, another solid win, with your name plastered over a third of the race wins this season. Was there ever a thought to give Andrea the win for that extra Constructors point?

Solid win, yes, but a little bittersweet. With the Driver's and Constructor's Championship decided some time ago, it seemed a little anti-climactic. But, overall, I think the team did an amazing job. Great engineering and teamwork behind the scenes kept us fighting almost to the very end. As for the extra Constructor's point question...No. We had a decent threat from @oorjit07 being so close to @Dovi design here and we figured getting the 5 point gap for the win was more important.

First, congratulations to @Lesley Buurlage . I didn't say that properly at the end of Lime Rock, having had such an awful home race. He had a great start to the season before Caterham and Sauber could mount a respectable comeback and challenge for the title. He and Red Bull were already too strong to make up ground, so seeing my name and the Caterham brand (with @oldwolf and @Dovi design) in P2 is a nice consolation.

As @Jimlaad43 already announced, I'll be taking the challenge of moderating Season 32, so it will be a while before I get back in the game here. I do have a couple new bits that I want to add to the game, sort of building on what he developed here. I will include something new to the strategy of the Feature Race by introducing tyre selections. I am also going to do something a little different with the Team Race but combining it with the old Endurance Race from many seasons ago. In order to make that work, we will still have 3-member teams. I hope you all enjoy it.

Wins
  1. LUT - 4
  2. BUU - 3 (1)
  3. UTZ - 2
  4. DOV, RIN - 1
  5. LIN, SIG - (1)
  1. Caterham - 5
  2. Red Bull - 4
  3. Sauber - 2
  4. Lotus - 1
Poles
  1. LUT - 2
  2. BUU, UTZ, MIS - 1
  1. Caterham, Sauber - 2
  2. Red Bull - 1
Podiums
  1. BUU - 9
  2. LUT - 7
  3. UTZ - 5
  4. DOV, SIG - 4
  5. SAI, MIS - 3
  6. LIN, RIN - 2
  7. WOL, ROA, KER - 1
  1. Red Bull - 13
  2. Caterham, Sauber - 10
  3. Lotus - 4
Points finishes (Top 8)
  1. BUU - 12
  2. LUT, UTZ, LIN - 11
  3. DOV, SAI, MIS - 8
  4. SIG, WOL - 7
  5. RIN - 6
  6. ROA, KER - 4
End of season Interviews

Questions to all

And most importantly...

Man! It was a pretty tough season. This season was breakthrough for me and I'm very happy. I'd love to be able to challenge for the title in the future but I have to improve my consistency first - that's my current weakness

Wins
  1. LUT - 4
  2. BUU - 3 (1)
  3. UTZ - 2
  4. DOV, RIN - 1
  5. LIN, SIG - (1)
  1. Caterham - 5
  2. Red Bull - 4
  3. Sauber - 2
  4. Lotus - 1
Poles
  1. LUT - 2
  2. BUU, UTZ, MIS - 1
  1. Caterham, Sauber - 2
  2. Red Bull - 1
Podiums
  1. BUU - 9
  2. LUT - 7
  3. UTZ - 5
  4. DOV, SIG - 4
  5. SAI, MIS - 3
  6. LIN, RIN - 2
  7. WOL, ROA, KER - 1
  1. Red Bull - 13
  2. Caterham, Sauber - 10
  3. Lotus - 4
Points finishes (Top 8)
  1. BUU - 12
  2. LUT, UTZ, LIN - 11
  3. DOV, SAI, MIS - 8
  4. SIG, WOL - 7
  5. RIN - 6
  6. ROA, KER - 4
End of season Interviews

Questions to all

And most importantly...

Well my season could have been better no doubt about that but I did improve in the latter part of the season to climb some places up the table which is a nice consolation. I want to thank my teammates who did a terrific job all season long and I am extremely pleased with our constructor position which was a nice reward for the efforts of the team. Last but not least massive thanks to @Jimlaad43 for #MakingForumRacingGreatAgain great jobe mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back