PC1 Project CARS is very good SIM

Hey,

I have been sim racing since my 16 (now 28), TOCA Race driver, richard burns rally with my brand new Logitech Momo, I have played almost all race/rally game out there.
Rfactor, GTR 1/2, Race 07, all the colin, GT Legends, F1 2010-2011, IRacing, you name it.

I have bought rFactor 2 and CARS, and I have to say they bought feel realy good, but the looks and sound of CARS are amazing! Its almost like real.
What I also like is that every week you get a new build and its is better and better each time.

Believe me its becoming the best sim game out there ever!

If you like to drive on pc and have a good wheel just try it your self, its only 10€ for Junior memeber ship, thats cheap : http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

Let say I had my pet peeves on some aspects of Project Cars and I did some powerful enemies in the process (2 in particular: 1 SMS member and 1 major backer-manager) with my critiques... It seems that communitarianism have some limits when big bucks are on the table. Having said that, I always backed Project Cars from the beginning on SMS and other forums and I still think that it will be on par if not better in many respect with current PC serious simulators.

Wow Dude27, a shame when i realized that you were banned. You were a good resource for us the WMD community! Anyways, i'm glad that this event didn't hamper your thoughts about the game!

Let say I had my pet peeves on some aspects of Project Cars and I did some powerful enemies in the process (2 in particular: 1 SMS member and 1 major backer-manager) with my critiques... It seems that communitarianism have some limits when big bucks are on the table.

Me? An enemy? No, I just thought your posts on WMD were often inappropriate. I have no say in who gets banned, and neither does Andy Garton. Ian Bell banned you, as he is the sole arbiter of that process. If I had invested a half million, that would still be the case. The only time investment levels are utilized are on weighted votes, and we haven't had one in a very long time because the decisions emerge organically. That's a good thing.

FWIW (which is likely zero to you), it wasn't your 'pet peeves' that got you banned. It was your inability to express your criticisms in a constructive manner that advanced the development of the game. You can play the martyr for everyone else if you wish, but the vast majority of WMD members are still participating while you are not. What is the unique factor in your ban? You.

I've tried to make that point many times on the WMD forum, but those who get banned do so precisely because they are so self-unaware. What you posted makes absolute sense to you, and I imagine you have no idea why it was received so poorly.

In other words.. this;

http://xkcd.com/1357/

Are they still engaging in that nonsense?
What the heck is wrong with those guys?
I reluctantly walked away from PCARS about a year ago after witnessing a disgusting display of virtual high-fiveing between a moderator and his web content administrator pal.
This, after I respectfully offered a suggestion in response to a poll.
The moderator blasted me for calmly suggesting what I thought was a good path for PCARS.
I'll admit I hadn't read the second option provided prior to answering. His reply was so far over the top, it left me scratching my head.
His response: "I got him a bit hot under the collar" and "I had no right telling SMS how to run their business." He even went as far as to say I "failed to grasp one simple concept" and that they were not a "one trick pony"...all this before I had a chance to get a single word in.
It was extremely rude for a moderator.
I asked if he really was... given the anger in his reply, which promptly brought me... not a ban but an infraction.
At that point I was done.
I believe the project is... and will continue to get better.
It's the 'heavy-handed' tactics that are a complete turn-off.

Last edited:
Why walk away because of behaviour on the forums? I used to get rather overwrought about online politics on forums/communities that I was deeply involved in, but then I realised just how silly it all was.

Have been happily enjoying PCars since release and haven't once posted on the forums... life is simpler that way :)

Why walk away because of behaviour on the forums? I used to get rather overwrought about online politics on forums/communities that I was deeply involved in, but then I realised just how silly it all was.

Have been happily enjoying PCars since release and haven't once posted on the forums... life is simpler that way :)

I suppose I could have stayed and been silent for the duration of it's development.
That however, was not the premise on which PCARS was conceived.
It was devised as a community project, which was to develop with input from all involved.
We were suppose to offer positive feedback...(which I always did) and the developers were supposed to take it and make the best simulation possible.
What happened is that some of the moderators developed a "God-Complex" which wound up doing more harm than good.
It became rather divisive...more so than most sims on the market.
In my case the unwarranted infraction rubbed me the wrong way.
I remained polite but I have too many titles competing for my simracing dollars to allow that kind of behavior.
I didn't need some "holier-than thou" git trying to 'man-handle' me.
I have very little tolerance for that kind of thing.
I'd still like to see PCARS do well.
It's for that reason I occasionally pop in here to check on it's progress.

Last edited:
I think the development model for Pcars is quite unique and given that it involves many who may have little to no experience with game development - I am not surprised that there are misunderstandings on the WMD forums. I think it's the nature of this particular beast and much learning will come out of it. That's not to say that individuals don't get out of line from time to time. Tolerance has to be practiced on both sides of the developer/community fence IMO.

Reactions: ONT
Fixed it for you.
In the future I'd appreciate it if you didn't make the effort of "fixing" my posts. The forums are great at the moment. Plenty of differing opinions going on and all done in a civil manner. Pure collaboration. Those who can't communicate with any decency have been weeded out.

Back on topic...development team should be proud of creating a proper Sim where a professional driver can lap real LeMans one day and Pcars the very next with identical times. I love watching Rene drive.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 98 91.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 38 35.5%