PC1 Project CARS is very good SIM

Hey,

I have been sim racing since my 16 (now 28), TOCA Race driver, richard burns rally with my brand new Logitech Momo, I have played almost all race/rally game out there.
Rfactor, GTR 1/2, Race 07, all the colin, GT Legends, F1 2010-2011, IRacing, you name it.

I have bought rFactor 2 and CARS, and I have to say they bought feel realy good, but the looks and sound of CARS are amazing! Its almost like real.
What I also like is that every week you get a new build and its is better and better each time.

Believe me its becoming the best sim game out there ever!

If you like to drive on pc and have a good wheel just try it your self, its only 10€ for Junior memeber ship, thats cheap : http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

Hi guys! i discovered the MAGICAL SETTING on the WMD Forum. especially for the G27 this setting makes a difference of day and night.

you have to lower TIRE FORCE setting to MAX 30.
FFB strength 100.
Tire Force setting is now on the controller calibration page in the bottom right corner.

it makes the FFB so detailed, that the physics shows the full pontential! you can feel everything!!!! i am totally blown away... try it out and report back. i am curious what you guys think...

Tobias is correct, I would add that a setting of 25 TF is probably max for most wheels currently without clipping. Also, be aware that there is some major work being done on the FFB and it may vary a lot from one car to another and some odd random behavior may occur.

Despite these points being posted in the daily build notes on WMD, everyday there are complaints stating that the FFB is completely broken or totally wrong. Once they lower TF to 25 or less, they are usually amazed at how good the FFB is.

There are also some reports of the possible return of the infamous "Setup Bug". If you suspect that you may have very odd handling behavior. You should go into the car setup menu and press "reset" three times, create a new setup and save. Then retest to see if the odd behavior has cleared up.

There may be daily changes in the UI and settings may be moved, removed or relocated. If you need help, consult the UI development thread or ask someone.

Note: As of Monday, the "Cars" folder stored in "Documents" will be changed to "Project Cars". After downloading a new build, be sure to delete both the old and new folder after Monday in "Documents". The automatic delete tool (if you use it) has been updated to accommodate this change. It's highly recommended that you consult the daily build notes and pay attention to the "known issues" at the bottom. It's not a complete list but, generally has the common and new issues listed.

Remember, Pcars is still in development and while much of the game is now in Beta, not all of it is and certain aspects continue to see major changes on a daily or weekly basis. Old issues may return, new ones will pop up and need to be addressed. That's how the process works.

This setting didn't really do it for me, tried it at 25, 30 and 50 and in all cases it just made the FFB too feint and almost non existent. I guess it depends on what wheel you are running. 100 is no good either though, a lot of centering force, like some centering spring or whatever.

For what it's worth, the FFB in pCARS is feeling great to me - Thrustmaster TX w/T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter. Of course I understand what works for me may not work for another wheel/user.
And the AI has improved tremendously - starting to play more and more as the rough edges are starting to come off.

This setting didn't really do it for me, tried it at 25, 30 and 50 and in all cases it just made the FFB too feint and almost non existent. I guess it depends on what wheel you are running. 100 is no good either though, a lot of centering force, like some centering spring or whatever.
Some say that a TF setting lower than 25 may work better for some wheels but, with a major FFB update in the works, it will likely change soon anyway.

The lower I went the less it felt like I was using a FFB wheel at all :p
I wonder if it's a combination of the need for higher TF with the Logitech wheels and the current center-spring dominance. If you use the signal clipping monitor, you should be a able to determine where the sweet spot is. For the CSW V1, it seems to be in the 20-25 range but, it's a bit stronger than the Logi wheels so it feels quite good for most cars. I'd still like a little more front-tire grip feel and a few more touches.

It's very interesting reading Ben Collins' feedback on the games Supercars. He was very critical of their current behavior and frankly, I was glad to see that. He does praise the overall characteristics of the GT3 cars.

Hey,

I have been sim racing since my 16 (now 28), TOCA Race driver, richard burns rally with my brand new Logitech Momo, I have played almost all race/rally game out there.
Rfactor, GTR 1/2, Race 07, all the colin, GT Legends, F1 2010-2011, IRacing, you name it.

I have bought rFactor 2 and CARS, and I have to say they bought feel realy good, but the looks and sound of CARS are amazing! Its almost like real.
What I also like is that every week you get a new build and its is better and better each time.

Believe me its becoming the best sim game out there ever!

If you like to drive on pc and have a good wheel just try it your self, its only 10€ for Junior memeber ship, thats cheap : http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

I missed the beta-player join time so I will have to wait until March 2015 to try out pCARS. Personally, I am curious to see player views and comments on pCARS as a sim when the game is released. I am sure we will see many posts about the game on Day 1!
: )

Guys, give the GT3 cars a run at Dubai International. 10 laps, AI at 90% (default if you selected the "Professional" difficulty profile). They give you some tremendous racing! The fastest car for the player at the moment is the McLaren 12C GT3 but it's not necessarily the most fun.. it's FFB is not ideal either due to the SpindleArm value being set too high (player can change this with a custom FFBTweaker.xml file) but it has been corrected and submitted (so will appear in build 851).

Also, about the Tire Force value in the FFB setup panel.. lets clear something up:

IT DOES NOT DEPEND ON WHAT WHEEL YOU ARE USING!!

It is there to set the FFB range of the cars into the -1 to 1 bracket which is then translated to the FFB wheel driver. If a TF value of 25 is clipping on Car X with my wheel, it is clipping for you too.. no matter what wheel you are using. So you need to set the TF value so that you prevent major clipping (slight clipping is no problem really and comes down to taste) and then set the FFB strength value to 100. This value should ALWAYS be 100, no matter what, unless you want to artificially limit the FFB range of your wheel.. for instance if you like a light wheel.

Finally you should set the FFB strength to the desired amount in your wheel's own driver/control panel. For the most linear experience with a Logitech DFGT, keep that value (called "overall strength" in logitech speach) at around 95%. For the most linear experience in a Thrustmaster T500 or TX 458 or T300 wheel, set the value to around 75%. No idea what is most linear for fanatec wheels.

As an example, the McLaren 12C GT3 when running on a dry track with the default setup, use a TF value of 34 to prevent most clipping. If you are running in the wet (tremendous fun but the AI is way too fast at 90% around Dubai International) you might want to set the TF value to 40 or even a bit more.

AJ, the physics guru just said he is going to get the flatspots back and working (they have been bugged and not working) which will be interesting. pCars is starting to shape up real well!! Even the frame rates have gone up a lot in the past few weeks. Heck I can finally run full thunderstorm with 20 AI cars at night! :)

Cheers!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years