PC1 Project CARS is very good SIM

Hey,

I have been sim racing since my 16 (now 28), TOCA Race driver, richard burns rally with my brand new Logitech Momo, I have played almost all race/rally game out there.
Rfactor, GTR 1/2, Race 07, all the colin, GT Legends, F1 2010-2011, IRacing, you name it.

I have bought rFactor 2 and CARS, and I have to say they bought feel realy good, but the looks and sound of CARS are amazing! Its almost like real.
What I also like is that every week you get a new build and its is better and better each time.

Believe me its becoming the best sim game out there ever!

If you like to drive on pc and have a good wheel just try it your self, its only 10€ for Junior memeber ship, thats cheap : http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

Hi - tried the latest build today - 535 - and noticed a significant improvement in the FFB. This area has been one of my major gripes yet there is a real feel of mass and momentum now being conveyed through the wheel. It's not perfect and I'm sure there is a fair way further the devs want to go. But I am starting to feel excited again by pCARS. Look forward to the prospect of endurance races.

Slow but, steady progress is being made in terms of handling and FFB. With focused testing, some of the cars are really improving now and even those that are not currently being tested seem to be benefiting as a result. There are some very knowledgeable and experienced people providing great feedback, making suggestions and doing the work so it is hard for me to think that Pcars won't be a great sim when it's done. Time will tell but, things are looking up on the handling and FFB front. There has been some nice progress on the sounds too.

re download and now its a steam game (not sure im happy ... steam always downloads slow for me ) its been a while since i played and had a quick run around and was happy to still be getting reasonable frame rates although for some reason it took an age to get my wheel setup as before ...; ok ffb i think its a little better so all good there , did a quick race and was reminded on how intelligent the Ai is .;; thought it still cant be that bad so did a few more races in a few different cars and the result is that the Ai are still first corner lemmings ... after that a few more tracks and cars ... all in all its improving but im not going to play it much still wait a little longer is what i think

Andi

It seems like the AI are decent at a few tracks and then totally lost at others. Most of the testing I have done is without AI at this point. Florence is one where they seem pretty good - at least playable. There is still a lot of work to be done.

My braking problem (turning to the left or right under locking) seems to be less. But I think that they try to make it feel better with a lot software tricks.
Most cars feel the same, very ferm around the centre and after some resistance it 's very light in corners. I also feel never ever connected to the road or car.
The cars feel all very sterile and there is no moment of excitement coming up in me.

...But I think that they try to make it feel better with a lot software tricks....
I assume it means something along the lines of "lots of hard coded, non physics derived, fudges".

FYI, the whole point of the physics development is that there are no such "tricks" at work. It's the fully dynamic tyre model that you feel, through the fully physics derived FFB (unless you've enabled legacy FFB in the tweakers). Of course, this is still WIP and being experimented a whole lot with these days. I.e. the feel does vary from build to build, sometimes being a bit off as the parameter space is being explored.

I still think the cars feel to light in general, there is also a lack of weight shift both visually, physically and via FFB and the steering is inconsistent. I think these are some of the reasons why many cars don't feel planted enough and behave quite unpredictably.

Other sims on my hard drive are more predictable have far better FFB and more realistic physics creating a more convincing driving experience so I continue to play those far more.

I'am with sims from TOCA 2 on keyboard, till now with all that bunch of games, named in 1st post. Also I have my E36 for some track day action during the summer season. And I totally can't understand how people like rF2... I'am trying all the new builds/tracks/cars and nothing changes - it's all about ice racing. Just made a couple of laps on Camaro GT3 around new Autodrome di Mores - still the same. Hard corner 50 km/h and slide... How is it possible specially on slicks ?!?!?!? And even don't try to tell me about warming / rubberizing the track, about setup, etc. This is just absolutely not normal !!!
Other thing - pCars. It's good sim with progress you always feel each new build. Yes, there are some things I don't like with some cars, but some car/track configs are very and very good. I can easily kill few hours hotlapping. And sounds in this game - are the best we can have on PC.

There are cars in pCARS just as slippery if not more so than the Camaro at the moment, and there's no real road to blame yet.

One thing I've noticed is there is quite a difference in the cars on pCARS depending on which dev last worked on the phyiscs. Some are predictable, grippy with good feel from one of the devs, the others are slippery with sudden uncatchable slides and lack feel.

There are cars in pCARS just as slippery if not more so than the Camaro at the moment, and there's no real road to blame yet.
There is no car in pCARS such slippery as any car from rF2. (if both on default setup)

One thing I've noticed is there is quite a difference in the cars on pCARS depending on which dev last worked on the phyiscs. Some are predictable, grippy with good feel from one of the devs, the others are slippery with sudden uncatchable slides and lack feel.
Absolutely true!

There was last time I played at the weekend, one of the cars would spin out under 30mph plus some cars aren't catchable and lazy slide.

Have to be careful comparing with Rfactor2 due to real road.
I'm glad not to be the only one. Driving the Merc 190 at Imola gave me a spin in every corner, even at low speed very suddenly without any feedback.

• Deleted member 113561

Never forget guys: This is still pre-Alpha....

I guess AI will be not worked on in next time ...

Im 100% sure the posted *problems* above will be fixed until release!

Greez

Please, sir, find a way to re-open memberships or offer a non-member early access pre-order program. I missed the deadline last year by mere weeks. I've been waiting nearly a year for another chance and waiting yet another year from now will be excruciating. I honestly enjoy the Shift series and am desperate to support, test and play pCARS.

(Sorry to post here, but I emailed you last year with no response and cannot register on the WMD forum)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 124 85.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 50 34.5%