PC1 Project CARS is very good SIM

Hey,

I have been sim racing since my 16 (now 28), TOCA Race driver, richard burns rally with my brand new Logitech Momo, I have played almost all race/rally game out there.
Rfactor, GTR 1/2, Race 07, all the colin, GT Legends, F1 2010-2011, IRacing, you name it.

I have bought rFactor 2 and CARS, and I have to say they bought feel realy good, but the looks and sound of CARS are amazing! Its almost like real.
What I also like is that every week you get a new build and its is better and better each time.

Believe me its becoming the best sim game out there ever!

If you like to drive on pc and have a good wheel just try it your self, its only 10€ for Junior memeber ship, thats cheap : http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

There are other defaults that need some adjustment.

Nr 1 IMHO is world movement slider changed to 100, that fix the camera to car in cockpit view.

If You'r in a Hans device and a NASCAR seat there ain't much head leaning going on.
(other cosmetic settings HDR off, Bloom off, Specular Irradiance off, I'm not a big fan of the fuzzy Codemaster look)

trevor-bayne-seats.jpg.main.png

The car I love right now is the GT3 SLS. It sounds fabulous and drives fabulous. After watching many, many hours of the car in action in real life, to me it feels it has just that correct combination of sound, performance and annoying understeer from this front-engined monster (I am sure this can be dialled out in set-up). Load up "Belgian Forest" in a same series race and enjoy the thrill.

I am glad that RD still allows this forum section for pCARS on their site. It is obvious that RD has no desire to post articles for the project in the news feed and is their prerogative to do this. The bad part about this is there are community members at WMD that have put a lot of work into different things to add to the title that are getting no mention as well. We recently had a community member (Kai) create the pCARS ranking system and was awarded with a tool pack promotion as well as other community members whom have also recently received promotions for their input. If you don't want to give the SMS team any press that's your choice but your actions are effecting the community as well.

Community members news is no news. WMD is a closed forum and game.
For me it looks a little silly to put it on the front page over here. They have there own news blog for build announcements and stuff like that.
It only effects the pCARS community (witch I am a member of).

That's my opinion, the real news will find its way over here when the game is official released.

Some work on the "notDaytona" track done lately, buildings and grand stand :)

I'm posting to get the track loft in line with RL.

Anyone has a correct point cloud laying around ?

Community members news is no news. WMD is a closed forum and game.
For me it looks a little silly to put it on the front page over here. They have there own news blog for build announcements and stuff like that.
It only effects the pCARS community (witch I am a member of).

That's my opinion, the real news will find its way over here when the game is official released.
These individuals being spoken of and their works may very well effect more than just the WMD community and I see it as more than just contributing to pCARS but more so contributing to the industry as a whole. It is better that creative people are involved in our industry than not being involved and thus in certain cases should get some recognition for their works or else why should they do it? Many of our(within the industry) private creative people do such works for free. It's nice to see that from time to time SMS rewards these people. That to me can only be a good thing and in no way silly.

Here is a prime example of what I am talking about and has nothing to do with pCARS

http://www.virtualr.net/gt-cars-skin-packs-for-rfactor-2-released

Last edited:
Andrew, nobody said it was silly. Its just that in case of PCARS people are momentarily mostly interested how the devs deal with the physics/FFB. You can´t blame them since thats the thing about a sim, isn´t it.
Well I think people are just as interested in what us the members of the sim race community are doing as well. It's giving recognition to the people who truly count in the end the people buying the titles being developed. I just a really great thing that the people whom are buying these titles are doing much more than just spending their money and giving great bits of their time back as well and many times don't ask anything back for it except the appreciation and further enjoyment of the works they create from the communities enjoying them.
Tell me I'm wrong

I am glad that RD still allows this forum section for pCARS on their site. It is obvious that RD has no desire to post articles for the project in the news feed
You are so funny. You keep trying to bring us down on VirtualR by making the same kind of comments I was told but you are doing it here as well now so allow me to reply :)
  1. First of all, build notes are not newsworthy so we aren't spending any time on that. Nobody, other than WMD members, are interested in hearing that the tire model has changed from Beta to Zeta to Kreta every Friday of the week, then followed by some comments of a moderator to keep the discussion going followed by a haters invasion that tell that Pcars sucks and AC rocks and the Project Cars Defense Force investors to secure their investment by telling everybody how much everything has really improved now with nobody being able to verify what either party is claiming. Pointless really as long as the game is not accessible so everybody can form their own opinion.
  2. Pcars community screenshots we have a thread for.
  3. Pcars community videos we have an entire section for:
  4. As Rupe pointed out we did our share of news posting when there was actually real news to share. Let me add this and here it gets interesting (news post?) we never ever get any news from WMD or SMS while other publishers like Reiza Studios, Kunos, Simbin, Euthechnix, SCS Software, SimRaceWay, Sony, Brain in Jar and many others do know how to reach out and actually are able to create shortlines due to proper direct communication via press[at]racedepartment.com, skype or simply submit their own news to the site. Exceptions to the rule: Codemasters (they are still crying about a bad GRID2 review), iRacing and SMS (no review, but they are pretty good in making legal threats based on absolutely nothing).
I have repeatedly said that when the game comes out for everyone we will seriously give it a try and when the online racing part is well arranged and dedicated servers are supported we will even open up a racing club and league section for it, heck we even have a scratch build Racelog system ready to rock and roll with Project Cars (how come that news didn't make it anywhere?)

But please don't post false (lol where did i hear that before?) and defamatory statements (see lol @ false) about what we do and don't do as you don't know half the story.

And believe me if we wanted to we could have created a series of articles as news posts that would have generated so much webtraffic that the servers we run on would have crashed. But like with the **** that people throw at Simraceway based on an unethical non-journalistic article based on anonymous sources the same applies here with SMS, what happens on the workfloor, management level or in this case via email and private messages is not newsworthy for a simracing community to read. There is enough useless hate already.

Well I think people are just as interested in what us the members of the sim race community are doing as well. It's giving recognition to the people who truly count in the end the people buying the titles being developed. I just a really great thing that the people whom are buying these titles are doing much more than just spending their money and giving great bits of their time back as well and many times don't ask anything back for it except the appreciation and further enjoyment of the works they create from the communities enjoying them.
Tell me I'm wrong

You can basically watch at this from two different angles. Sure its nice that people participate for free but on the other hand most people just want to buy that game and have some fun driving around with a virtual car. I´m not into this whole community thing, nevertheless I drove to the Nordschleife several times just to take pictures for the game. Since I´m a photographer it would be totally normal for me to charge for this but I didn´t, not only because there was no contract ;) but because I wanted to show that I want to support this dream of the "perfect sim" (maybe now some will understand why I acted so pissed off as I had my dispute with some of the devs). Yet I don´t expect others to follow that example since its stupid behaviour from a rational point of view. Ergo don´t expect others to have interest in this community especially if they are just consumers of a product. This whole "join the community" thing is a huge misconception of social media of the last decade. Almost nobody actually falls for that anymore since groups are defined by MUCH more than their ties with a product (for more info ask your next sociologist). My buddy is the boss of an addvertising company, he really believes that creating a Facebook community for Pringels crisp would actually work. He failed hard. 8000€ down the drain. He lost the contract.

Last edited:
You are so funny. You keep trying to bring us down on VirtualR by making the same kind of comments I was told but you are doing it here as well now so allow me to reply :).
You see that's the whole thing I'm not trying to bring anybody down but trying to boost the community up. The ones whom are responsible for the industries survival. Without end users there is no industry and the ones whom put in a great amount of time to give back to this industry we very much love should be recognized. My somewhat small rant really FTMP is not a pCARS thing. I did post(on virtualr) to a certain individual if the pCARS articles were bothering him that much that Racedepartment may be a better fit for him. other than that I don't think I have ever or not for quite some time mentioned RD over there @VR.

Last edited:
As for my voicing on the SRW subject I am guilty as charged. I am also done with it have removed the software from my PC and have written off the money I put towards it. I also find no reason to exert anymore energy into the subject peace of mind means more to me.

As for my voicing on the SRW subject I am guilty as charged. I am also done with it have removed the software from my PC and have written off the money I put towards it. I also find no reason to exert anymore energy into the subject peace of mind means more to me.

Instead of voicing that in 220+ blog comments you and other haters (hello haters :)) could also have chosen to send a single email to Simraceway to check some facts and ask what they had to say.

It was a piss poor journalistic piece of writing based on the comments of frustrated ex-employees and some other people that don't even have relationships with the company directly.

Yet such news is brought as a fact and results in major brand damage for a company that wasn't even asked to defend itself.

And no I haven't got a senior membership at SRW, and I am not a fan of how they entered the industry in the beginning. Neither do I agree on their pricing model. Yet shooting a company in the face with such news is worth being sued for or at least needs to be rectified by hearing the other party as well.

Its that typical double standard in the simracing community that is so sad. Can't say a bad word about game X yet game Y can be butchered without any facts.

Last edited:
One question are you calling me a hater? Because that is a word I have omitted from my vocabulary. I don't hate the people @SRW and I made myself clear on that to Phil in the thread over there. I just don't care for their business practice.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 261 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 282 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 165 27.6%
Back