Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

35550022_2016799748648760_8401537290375004160_n.jpg

2d666e8cd248378d4328cd7dec08ea28.jpg

Race Details

• Laps: 18 & 9
  • Race Times: 1pm & 2pm
  • In Game Date: 12/03/2018
  • Weather: Clear

The Track

SPA_Track_Map.jpg

First Race: 1921
Layout Changes: 5 From original
Length: 4.352 mi (7.004 km)
20 Turns
Lap Record: 1:41.770, Neel Jani, Porsche 919 Evo, Testing.

project-cars-2-gameplay-preview.jpg

The lap record holding car pictured below

high_porsche_919_hybrid_evo_spa_francorchamps_2018_porsche_ag-1.jpg

Hotlap

Here is one of the laps from the Porsche 919 Evo.

MyTrack

This week its Nathan's choice.

1. So you didn’t choose spa but you replaced the man that did hope that’s okay to ask you. What is it that makes spa a “drivers circuit”

Yeah sure where’s spa? I guess it’s the corners like eau rouge and the one in the middle ha that you can make a difference with you throttle and big balls

2. Spa is made of two challenges the straights and the middle sector which will suit your car?

Middle sector is my main concern going into this race as the Porsche was off the pace last season and season 6 so hopefully the tyre patch has helped that

3. Now some questions about you, and what a start to the season you lead the championship coming to spa was that the plan pre-season?

My plan for the season was to score consistent results. Winning races is nice but scoring points is key and I feel I’m doing that

4. Your teammate has moved to the Mercedes is that an option for you or do you see the Porsche as your secret weapon?

My teammate feels much more confident in the Merc but he's special

5. Simple last question can you win the championship?

No but then everyone’s saying that

Your Predictions!

Feature race
pole:
win:
fastest lap:

Sprint race
pole:
win:
fastest lap:

Questions

With the 919 Evo holding the Spa & Nordschleife lap records, would it be good to have a series where teams can just design as fast a car as possible with no rules and see what everyone comes up with?

Having had 3 very mixed tracks so far, how do you feel coming out of them, and have you learnt anymore about your cars?

What is your favourite race car of all time?

So... Long Beach:
Feature Race
Was again comfortably sat in my chair with the fan going after being able to sign into the official yt channel.
The race was not the most exciting but the start from Nathan was a cracker pulling a lot of time on the field. Shame he couldn’t hold it and made a mistake somewhere. Gaz held off Benji brilliantly to take the win so that was a good battle to watch in the second stint and then Nathan at the end making a goon of himself was very amusing.
Driver of the Race: Gaz

Sprint Race:
Again comfortable in my chair as Dean took pile for the Sprint. A good start from him and Jamie saw them get off up the road whilst Nathan had another mega start only to be ruined by going into the escape road at T1. Rob M was fighting very hard against Ben who had Benji on his tail but a mistake from Rob gave the others the places whilst Jamie spun to let them trough. At this point I think Benji was sick of following people but Ben done a good job to hold him off whilst Dean commanded and excellent victory. With Adam retiring it means the championship is going to be closer with more drivers in the mix.
Driver of the race: Ben

My driver of the night is Benji as he was the most consistent driver and made little to no mistakes all night.

Would be interesting to get everyone else’s thoughts on the races from a drivers perspective to maybe be used in qualifying on the livestream!

Your Predictions!

Feature race
pole: Benji
win: Nathan
fastest lap: Nathan

Sprint race
pole: Paul
win: Dean
fastest lap: Nathan

Questions

With the 919 Evo holding the Spa & Nordschleife lap records, would it be good to have a series where teams can just design as fast a car as possible with no rules and see what everyone comes up with?
Yes

Having had 3 very mixed tracks so far, how do you feel coming out of them, and have you learnt anymore about your cars?
No not really. Other than I need more air conditioning!

Bentley Speed 8. Ever since i saw this car I loved it

Feature race
pole: Gaz
win: Gaz
fastest lap: Gaz

Sprint race
pole:Gaz
win:Gaz
fastest lap:Gaz

Questions

No

I learnt that the Porsche has a crap load of understeer and the merc seems to suit me better

Ferrari F1 90

Good evening one and all.

Just thought I'd put it out there and tell you all that I'm going to Ecuador for 2 months so wont be around until the end of the season.

I leave on August 11th, but because of many [deserved] leaving drinks Sugo will be my last race until October.

Sorry Frank for leaving you for a while, but thought everyone should know. If I dont come back then i have joined a local tribe.

Much love, your seeks

Good evening one and all.

Just thought I'd put it out there and tell you all that I'm going to Ecuador for 2 months so wont be around until the end of the season.

I leave on August 11th, but because of many [deserved] leaving drinks Sugo will be my last race until October.

Sorry Frank for leaving you for a while, but thought everyone should know. If I dont come back then i have joined a local tribe.

Much love, your seeks
It’s sad to see you go, but I will keep battling for Team Commentary... I mean Wooden Spoon Racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 112 88.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 37.3%