Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Sugo was a very disliked track in season 6, are you excited to go to it, or dreading it?
Was it? I enjoyed it and there were some entertaining races. Bring it on.

What tracks would you like to see added into project cars 2?
Turkey, istanbulring.

Would you like to see wet races return?
Yes with a capital YES. I dont know why we stopped doing them. Everyone has to deal with the problem and it mixes up the grid a bit.

Sugo was a very disliked track in season 6, are you excited to go to it, or dreading it?
I’m excited for Sugo. Should produce some good racing!

Twin Ring Motegi, Interlagos, Castle Combe

Definitely. Wet races can cause all sorts of mix ups in terms of results and performances. It would be another brilliant factor to the championship.

I’m excited for Sugo. Should produce some good racing!

Twin Ring Motegi, Interlagos, Castle Combe

Definitely. Wet races can cause all sorts of mix ups in terms of results and performances. It would be another brilliant factor to the championship.
Castle combe, what a shout!

Your Predictions!

Feature race
pole: Gaz
win: Gaz
fastest lap: Scooby

Sprint race
pole: Seeks
win: Ben
fastest lap: Adam

Questions

The final turn haunts me :cry:

Assen TT
Sachsenring
Valencia (Not the street track)
Valencia (Yes, the street track)
Wakanda Forever
Mugello
Philip Island
Argentina Termas De Rio Hondo
Jerez
Misano

Of course

Last edited:
Your Predictions!

Feature race
pole: Gaz
win: Gaz
fastest lap: Scooby

Sprint race
pole: Seeks
win: Ben
fastest lap: Adam

Questions

The final turn haunts me :cry:

Assen TT
Sachsenring
Valencia (Not the street track)
Valencia (Yes, the street track)
Wakanda Forever
Mugello
Philip Island
Argentina Termas De Rio Hondo
Jerez
Misano

Of course
Final Turn Still Haunts Me :(

Feature race
Q-p8 - not my best lap
R-p5
Frank and I decided to go for hard tyres all round this week and it definitely paid off. We were very consistent all race.
Got a good start and squeezed past benji to make it up to p6 after s1. Held onto the back of robert and ben and got past ben just before he made a mistake. Seeing this i knew ben would try a different strategy, but i decided to stay out 1 more lap. Annoyingly i hit the wall on exit and ben got past me.
Robert then past me quite quickly and then i had to defend hard from benji. I eventually broke away from him slightly and set upon catching robert and ben, but was too far back by then. Thankfully robert made a mistake and i was able to take p5.

Sprint
R-p6
Thanks to frank in this one. Screwed him over a couple of times but he was a very diplomatic about it.
So, frank let me past at the start and then was on the back of dohko. Unfortunately he didnt poses the power of peripheral vision or mirrors and ran me off at the last corner. This left me seeing red and thankfully the car felt really good. Charged back up the field, but had a coming together with ben at t2 after bouncing off the inside curb. A lap later we had another coming together at t2, this time ben went round and i was able to carry on.
Towards the end i closed down gaz, who closed down rob, but there wasn't enough time for anything to change.

Some really good racing throughout the grid last night and i enjoyed being one of the fastest on the track for once. Also, well done to frank for setting the 5th fastest race lap in the feature race and some more very solid points.

Obviously thanks again everyone. I dont go away for 3 weeks yet so will be around if need be. Enjoy the rest of the season yo.

Feature:
Q: P11
R: P10
Did qualy on softs but had too much understeer in S1 to set a good lap. Got outqualified by Deathstroke in the final moments so started at the back.
Had a good start on the hard tyre and was battling with Dohko and Deathstroke, but a collision with the latter caused quite some front aero damage. Pitted early as planned, but repairs took much too long. My favourite moment of the race was when I overtook Dohko in lap 20 with a dive on the inside of Horseback Corner to claim P10.

Sprint:
Q: P6
R: P7
The softs were even worse and just couldn’t get a good lap out.
Barely survived the first lap chaos but was at the back of the field again. Overtook Dohko in lap 3 with a similar move as the Feature, but now in T1. Profited from Deathstroke and Adam’s collision and managed to come in 7th.

I’m happy to have scored points in both races again. Sad to see my teammate go though :cry:

Feature race
Q-p8 - not my best lap
R-p5
Frank and I decided to go for hard tyres all round this week and it definitely paid off. We were very consistent all race.
Got a good start and squeezed past benji to make it up to p6 after s1. Held onto the back of robert and ben and got past ben just before he made a mistake. Seeing this i knew ben would try a different strategy, but i decided to stay out 1 more lap. Annoyingly i hit the wall on exit and ben got past me.
Robert then past me quite quickly and then i had to defend hard from benji. I eventually broke away from him slightly and set upon catching robert and ben, but was too far back by then. Thankfully robert made a mistake and i was able to take p5.

Sprint
R-p6
Thanks to frank in this one. Screwed him over a couple of times but he was a very diplomatic about it.
So, frank let me past at the start and then was on the back of dohko. Unfortunately he didnt poses the power of peripheral vision or mirrors and ran me off at the last corner. This left me seeing red and thankfully the car felt really good. Charged back up the field, but had a coming together with ben at t2 after bouncing off the inside curb. A lap later we had another coming together at t2, this time ben went round and i was able to carry on.
Towards the end i closed down gaz, who closed down rob, but there wasn't enough time for anything to change.

Some really good racing throughout the grid last night and i enjoyed being one of the fastest on the track for once. Also, well done to frank for setting the 5th fastest race lap in the feature race and some more very solid points.

Obviously thanks again everyone. I dont go away for 3 weeks yet so will be around if need be. Enjoy the rest of the season yo.
So that's why you were so fast out of the final turn and holding me up everywhere else ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes