Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I blew my engine in that race Robert, it's the one where I was going to try to spectate so over revved the engine after the start and blew it.

Ahh. My bad then...I thought you drove backward. Still don't get the alleged correlation, but who knows. We would need to do some testing, but you would think if there were a connection, it would be all over the pCARS forums and they would acknowledge it since it's a major flaw. But I just don't see it, besides Michael's post. Am I missing it somewhere?

I am Hardwired, I mean they tried to put 14 people in the room and there were issues from the start with people dropping out, game freezing. It took us 35-40 mins to get everyone on the same page in the lobby. Then before we could finish our parade lap someone disconnected. Another GT4 driver complained of his screen freezing briefly, and leading to him damaging his car. Others were talking about Frame Rate issues. I thought since I wasn't experiencing any Frame Rate issues I'd be ok. But nope, Screen Froze as I was going up the hill and all I could do is listen to the car smash in the barrier at full throttle, then just the sound of rain on the tin top. I wasn't doing that well anyway, but just the fact it crashed in the first place isn't really ideal for a racing league.
So this will allow me more time to try out the GP3's :thumbsup:. They seem like fun, I tried on an LMP2 at Spa with no assists and have struggled with it. Actually was faster in default setup. The more I mess with the setup the less drivable it becomes. Weird how common sense adjustments don't really work on those cars, must be the French aspect.
Anyway, I think we do need to do some more testing on the Mechanical Failures being on or off. Who know's maybe it is just a GT3 thing. I just don't think I can bear to drive anymore today. To depressed to pick up the wheel. That's two weekends now where I've invested many hours of testing for :poop: results.

Hey man that does suck. I think most of us can relate. And I don't think it's you either. Obviously the game is flawed. Mechanical failures? Who knows. But it sucks either way to have these bugs when you invest so much time. There was a period there when it seemed like every other F1 2013 race I was getting disconnected. Peer to Peer to France didn't help, I guess, but still. :whistling: And I was damned pissed. Almost quit the season, but it got better. The more I was thinking about it, the more I like the idea of a 1-2 drop rule that F1 has. That way, these stupid results that are bugged are somewhat mitigated. We would need a consensus, since I hate to change the rules in the middle, but I always thought it was a good idea. Should have thought about that earlier. :O_o:

Well. I think we are more or less on the same page ;) A 'few' cuts as a result of errors is acceptable but even then any advantage gained should be immediately given back and if in qualifying you should back out of the lap so it does not become your fastest lap. In our last race there was around 7/tenths between a bunch of guys in quali and a corner cut could make a significant difference if things are similar here.

Well. I think we are more or less on the same page ;) A 'few' cuts as a result of errors is acceptable but even then any advantage gained should be immediately given back and if in qualifying you should back out of the lap so it does not become your fastest lap. In our last race there was around 7/tenths between a bunch of guys in quali and a corner cut could make a significant difference if things are similar here.

Yea, I agree basically. I think they messed up a bit on Nurburg, but the application of the penalty is ok...it's just the tolerances are not tight enough at the last chicane. There are many similar places around the first complex of turns too. Maybe their thinking was that there would be some really close racing there, so we'd just leave it alone, but it's always a push and pull between qualifying and the race. And I still don't get when you get a time penalty and when you get a warning. :O_o:

Yea, I agree basically. I think they messed up a bit on Nurburg, but the application of the penalty is ok...it's just the tolerances are not tight enough at the last chicane. There are many similar places around the first complex of turns too. Maybe their thinking was that there would be some really close racing there, so we'd just leave it alone, but it's always a push and pull between qualifying and the race. And I still don't get when you get a time penalty and when you get a warning. :O_o:
I haven't actually had any warnings or anything at this track yet but as I get some time on the tarmac this week I'll probably find out. I always think it odd that for some sections they are so stringent and warnings are received with the slightest of transgressions and others you can plough across without anything :/

Really looking forward to getting back to the game properly this week, might look at re-racing Brands in those lovely GP3 cars too :thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
Ahh. My bad then...I thought you drove backward. Still don't get the alleged correlation, but who knows. We would need to do some testing, but you would think if there were a connection, it would be all over the pCARS forums and they would acknowledge it since it's a major flaw. But I just don't see it, besides Michael's post. Am I missing it somewhere?
There's nothing conclusive but quite a few of the times i've read of this happening have been when there has been an engine blown in the race. It is certainly something that we could look at testing, we would only need a couple of short test races where one person blows their engine and then one or two others try to make a pit stop. Then try the same with no blown engine. Might be worth looking at as at the very least it would eliminate it as the cause.

One other thing that I found from this race was that I have completely forgotten about the lack of FFB. The enjoyment has certainly not diminished by it's absence. Just as well because wheels are still not avilable over here, I am so glad that I didn't continue to wait.. would have been missing out on so much fun if I had.

One other thing that I found from this race was that I have completely forgotten about the lack of FFB. The enjoyment has certainly not diminished by it's absence. Just as well because wheels are still not avilable over here, I am so glad that I didn't continue to wait.. would have been missing out on so much fun if I had.
How are you finding the lesser wheel?? its defo something ive given some thought about getting

How are you finding the lesser wheel?? its defo something ive given some thought about getting
I love it Dan, I put off getting it in the hope that the TX would come back in stock (and at a more reasonable price) but was just missing the chance to race in this game so took the plunge and ordered the Spider. It's very well made, feels nice and solid, nice metal paddle shifters (with alternative buttons under the wheel if you prefer or if the paddles ever give up) and a nice resistance to the wheel. If in doubt try to get it from Argos where you can then return it if it doesn't suit you.

But from my perspective definitely a very good buy and it's given me the breathing space to wait until things settle in the wheel market and pick up a TX at a later date. Although as things stand I am that happy with the Spider that the TX is now not such a need so who knows.

I haven't actually had any warnings or anything at this track yet but as I get some time on the tarmac this week I'll probably find out. I always think it odd that for some sections they are so stringent and warnings are received with the slightest of transgressions and others you can plough across without anything :/

Really looking forward to getting back to the game properly this week, might look at re-racing Brands in those lovely GP3 cars too :thumbsup:

Going to try and get a few laps in for pace tonight. Last night was pit night. All I can say is be very careful about your pit pressures if you change tires (I don't but I knocked a few off to see what my temps would be when back on the track :confused:). There is no logic to them at all it seems.

Unfortunately it can't be enforced until the next patch when they "address some of the track limitations" When I was qualifying for my GT4 race at Zolder we were supposed to keep 2 tires on the track, Before I even got out of the garage the bollards were all gone, LoL. And those Chicanes are brutal. I slow down quite a bit to make the one at Nurburg, and there are consiquinces if you cut it too much or hit it just wrong trying to push the limits. I'm taking it safe even if it means I am not a threat for the pole. I'll be running this race fairly conservative.

Yea, we have great bunch here. I'd not want to be out of step with the spirit of the rule, which is try not to cut at all costs, even if you can. Because I know that's what you guys are trying to do too. Damn though, does my little Ruf bounce over those semi-sausage curbs at Nurburg like it's a Mexican Jumping Bean. lol.

Got back on track here for the first time since last Monday and boy was it a struggle to adjust to these cars after a week of openwheelers. The view seemed so restricted and I was like WHOA!! lol Only had a quick 20 minutes and didn't get backl to the sub 2 minute mark but hopefully that will come over the course of the week.

Thanks for the invite for a quick online spin Robert, wish I had longer than the ten minutes. The countdown never gave me a chance to change car though so I was stuck in the RUF. Couldn't believe how much more you can see out of that car, especially into the left-handers which is a real problem in the Aston. I'll have to try to fiddle around with my FOV setting to see if I can improve that because as it stands it's almost guesswork, especially that first section :confused: I've got the seat position mapped to my d-pad so at least I can mess around with that without having to keep backing in and out of sessions.

The RUF is so different to the Aston in handling... that backend wanted to come visit me all the time lol and it caught me out several times. Fun first lap running with you, hope I didn't cause you any problems as I was really still trying to work out what the car was going to do each corner but fun all the same. Did you finish the race and what level were the AI at?

Going to try and get a few laps in for pace tonight. Last night was pit night. All I can say is be very careful about your pit pressures if you change tires (I don't but I knocked a few off to see what my temps would be when back on the track :confused:). There is no logic to them at all it seems.
Tyre pressures are the only thing I have actually looked at so far... I seem to have them sorted in the Aston but will know for sure once I have had a proper run out.

What was it that you were finding when changing them in the pit stops? I know this has been something that has been talked about a lot and think it is something that is being addressed in the patch.

Think all changes to pit strategy are null..have to start session drop fuel to 5 laps or so...( only way for it not to add fuel to ur pit. then go in to pit strategy and make ur changes..and save.as far as I can tell all changes u try to make while pulling into pits do nothing to the current pit and put those changes for the next stop..of xc ourse I havent tested any of this lately and it could all be fixed now..heard tire wear has been increased on pc not sure about xbox

Tire wear was addressed in Patch. But I'm not pitting was fixed. I'll be on at 9pm EST Wednesday night if anyone wants to run a practice race.
If we extend Qualy a bit, we can test pitting during that, although we won't need it in the race. Good to know its there if damage occurs.

I actually altered some things for my 2nd pit stop in Saturdays GP3 race and they made those changes as requested at that stop so it does work. Not sure under what circumstances it does and doesn't work though as Saturday was my first attempt at pitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back