Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I still find Twitch a bit frustrating... More than a bit actually. Had a session tonight, finishing with a ten lap race which I recorded from both the TV and cockpit cams so I could watch back and check where I am losing time but neither recording seems to be saved to Twitch :/ When i dropped back to the Xbox dashboard the notification was there that i had just broadcast two 20 minute sessions so i'm confused why they are not showing on Twitch... Any ideas why that would be?

I still find Twitch a bit frustrating... More than a bit actually. Had a session tonight, finishing with a ten lap race which I recorded from both the TV and cockpit cams so I could watch back and check where I am losing time but neither recording seems to be saved to Twitch :/ When i dropped back to the Xbox dashboard the notification was there that i had just broadcast two 20 minute sessions so i'm confused why they are not showing on Twitch... Any ideas why that would be?
I have to go make sure my accounts are properly linked between the xbox and the computer account, then, even though I can't actually watch it on the computer due to my browser's age, I can still upload it to YouTube. I have to log out for Twitch on the computer, freshly log in and then go to "Video Manager" to see all my recordings. From there, I just choose "Export" to You tube, which also has to be linked to your Twitch. It loads fairly fast to YT.

Everything is correctly linked and the settings are correct but still no go. The export to YouTube works fine when I have videos to export but the problem is that the videos don't seem to save reliably. Just checked again and still nothing :thumbsdown:.

Wasted forty minutes thinking I was recording last nights race :/

Last edited:
Michael joined me for a while. I tried to join him but could not do a full race, since I'm still tuning a bit. But Michel was right, as you say. I'm not sure just one car will simulate and actual on-kine experience, but it's got to be better than solo. Very nice...thanks Michael. And Also there are many more options. And you can make the room public in case others want to come on in. Or friends can join through profile I believe.

Everything is correctly linked and the settings are correct but still no go. The export to YouTube works fine when I have videos to export but the problem is that the videos don't seem to save reliably. Just checked again and still nothing :thumbsdown:.

Wasted forty minutes thinking I was recording last nights race :/

Peter:

Just so you know, there was a global problem with Twitch last night and into your morning. I tried to record thinks when you were asleep and it was constant error. Kept referring me to twitch. However, you probably would have seen this, but on the off chance it did not appear or you missed it, I think there may be a good chance the problems last night were not related to you. I could not sent xbox messages for a long time either.

Michael joined me for a while. I tried to join him but could not do a full race, since I'm still tuning a bit. But Michel was right, as you say. I'm not sure just one car will simulate and actual on-kine experience, but it's got to be better than solo. Very nice...thanks Michael. And Also there are many more options. And you can make the room public in case others want to come on in. Or friends can join through profile I believe.
Well, it worked just like an onine session rather than a single player session, i'm just not sure whether online and offline in pCars is any different in terms of how the cars behave. Some of you guys should have a better idea than that. I do know that at Oulton Park I was quicker in the league race than in any practice I had previously had offline.

Peter:

Just so you know, there was a global problem with Twitch last night and into your morning. I tried to record thinks when you were asleep and it was constant error. Kept referring me to twitch. However, you probably would have seen this, but on the off chance it did not appear or you missed it, I think there may be a good chance the problems last night were not related to you. I could not sent xbox messages for a long time either.
Well, I guess it could have been that but I didn't get any error messages at all throughout the session and it gave me the notification that I had broadcast ok.
20150709_070833_zpsp0emef1x.jpg

Also Xbox Live didn't seem to be having any particular issues at that point as I was able to do all the usual things last night while I was on. Who knows though...

Live Streaming this morning seemed to work as I had a roomful of people viewing the short session I did and the video has succesfully appeared in my Twitch account. I'll try to Twitch a saved replay again later and see if the same happens.

One thing that I did notice though was that I had changed my settings to the highest quality and although I had no indications that this was a problem last night, this morning it was giving me the 'lagging' warning so I dropped it down to the medium setting and everything seemed fine. Whether that was linked to the problem I don't know.. what quality does anyone else here record on Twitch at?

One thing that I noticed this morning when looking at the setups in these cars (the Aston at least) is that there is very little that you can actually tweak with the individual gears, unless I am reading them wrong of course. First gear is set all the way left (can't remember the numbers... but lets say it's 2.47) and then second, third, etc. are set one click right each time. adjusting 2nd gear to be shorter means it's set at the same as first (ie 2.47), setting it to be longer means it's set at the same as 3rd. Am I misunderstanding this..

yeah, if you want AI you can set up a Private Room, and limit the amount of Human Players, Fill with AI. But only friends can join in on your Profile or by Invite. Or you can set up a Public room and hope someone comes in, as I don't think it will actually let you race unless one other person will join you regardless of the other sessions. Robert is right about the Race though. I was actually running faster more consistent laps in the Race with a full tank of fuel than in Practice. Kind of weird. I think Nurburgring tire wear will be a factor towards the end of the race, as my car was really sliding around there at the end with 2x tire wear.

Well, I guess it could have been that but I didn't get any error messages at all throughout the session and it gave me the notification that I had broadcast ok.
20150709_070833_zpsp0emef1x.jpg

Also Xbox Live didn't seem to be having any particular issues at that point as I was able to do all the usual things last night while I was on. Who knows though...

Live Streaming this morning seemed to work as I had a roomful of people viewing the short session I did and the video has succesfully appeared in my Twitch account. I'll try to Twitch a saved replay again later and see if the same happens.

One thing that I did notice though was that I had changed my settings to the highest quality and although I had no indications that this was a problem last night, this morning it was giving me the 'lagging' warning so I dropped it down to the medium setting and everything seemed fine. Whether that was linked to the problem I don't know.. what quality does anyone else here record on Twitch at?

Glad to see the problem cleared up for you too. I also get those error messages, but I just ignore them. There is some lag at times, but 95% of the time the picture comes in at HD levels, which is worth the lag, IMO. Lag usually happens only for a few seconds, mostly at the beginning. That 's is you watch the replays. Take a look at any of mine...I got the same lag indicates on those.It goes away for most or all of the race for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.1%