Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

BMW has promised full factory support since they are based here in South Carolina now. What better way to be represented in the British GT, by two American Drivers close to their own Carolina Manufacturing Plant. The Official announcement will be made later today before the start of Practice.

Howdy fellas

Did a few laps of this with Rob from Belgium. Going to try and make a new car with setup now as I've absolutely ruined the one I was doing well with yesterday

Pulltheplug666 / Not sure which car yet

Last edited:
IMG_20150627_155920_zps4zjflziv.jpg

Many thanks for that guys, my first actual race in the game either offline or online since getting my wheel so pretty pleased with my pace. Obviously gutted that the game froze on me a few laps from home when running in second place :thumbsdown:

Sorry to Chips for the nudge on the rear, was really enjoying our battle over those early laps, real nose to tail stuff and thought I would get a run on you on the inside around the last turn but just nudged you. I got off the throttle to allow you back ahead but your car then veered right in front of me and although I slowed thinking you would be back through (allowing Railer and Pete an easy pass) you never came back so I got on my way.

Car was sloppy after that so must have sustained some damage but was still pulling away from those behind and keeping the gap to Railer ahead stable so was happy overall with consistency. With a 14 second gap over third the car suddenly snapped right as I went around the second part of the double left-hander at turns 3/4, I lost my bearings and by the time I got adjusted again Robert was through. Eric also got through shortly after but then had a blast chasing them both and grabbing the places back and started to open up the gap again before coming across a lapped car which I struggled to pass for around a lap which allowed Eric to close up to around a second. After getting past the lapped car I felt confident I had the pace to get away again but then the game froze and that was that... Very disappointed as it meant no replay to save either :(

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to make the next round and work on a setup for the Aston which I really enjoyed tonight even with a pretty much default setup.

Thanks again all, this game rocks despite the issues. Completely enthralled in it every time I boot it up and despite the end my first online experience was brilliant :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The Mercedes seemed to suit my rostrum or hospital driving so was having fun literally put full downforce on the car.

Lap 1(2) Was trailing the bentley he span and it was a choose left or right job either needed severe swerving was go left or right i went right he rolled back and should of gone left.

A few laps later crashed into the tyre barrier at Chicane 1.

After that got stuck in the pits after tailing Cesar for a while.

Oh and sorry for lack of comms tonight. I thought the chat headset that came with the XBO would work connected to my controller if it was plugged into USB? But the pad wouldn't come on. How do you guys connect your headsets?

I could hear everyone's chat through my headphones when not racing but as soon as I was on track it was drowned out.

Need to sort something out before next race but not going to be able to shell out on a new XBO headset for a while so any suggestions welcomed :thumbsup:

Many thanks for that guys, my first actual race in the game either offline or online since getting my wheel so pretty pleased with my pace. Obviously gutted that the game froze on me a few laps from home when running in second place :thumbsdown:

Sorry to Chips for the nudge on the rear, was really enjoying our battle over those early laps, real nose to tail stuff and thought I would get a run on you on the inside around the last turn but just nudged you. I got off the throttle to allow you back ahead but your car then veered right in front of me and although I slowed thinking you would be back through (allowing Railer and Pete an easy pass) you never came back so I got on my way.

Car was sloppy after that so must have sustained some damage but was still pulling away from those behind and keeping the gap to Railer ahead stable so was happy overall with consistency. With a 14 second gap over third the car suddenly snapped right as I went around the second part of the double left-hander at turns 3/4, I lost my bearings and by the time I got adjusted again Robert was through. Eric also got through shortly after but then had a blast chasing them both and grabbing the places back and started to open up the gap again before coming across a lapped car which I struggled to pass for around a lap which allowed Eric to close up to around a second. After getting past the lapped car I felt confident I had the pace to get away again but then the game froze and that was that... Very disappointed as it meant no replay to save either :(

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to make the next round and work on a setup for the Aston which I really enjoyed tonight even with a pretty much default setup.

Thanks again all, this game rocks despite the issues. Completely enthralled in it every time I boot it up and despite the end my first online experience was brilliant :thumbsup:

Well, you must be pretty stoked about the game-play and immersion to be that excited about a disconnect! lol. But, seriously, you ran a great race, and the dogfights you had with various good drivers must have made it thrilling. You seemed to be in the middle of everything even with no tune. I shudder to think what you could do with a tune and a TX...but the tune alone will really boost your times.
I think I have much of your race saved because we were around each other. Even though I only have the first few minutes on T.V. (due to the save bug) I recorded the whole race on twitch and noticed your car a lot, so check it out. We were neck and neck for some of it. In any case, so glad you made it back. I saw the first 20 laps or so on the T.V. before the race of the London race...very interesting park to choose. Exciting in many places.

Oh and sorry for lack of comms tonight. I thought the chat headset that came with the XBO would work connected to my controller if it was plugged into USB? But the pad wouldn't come on. How do you guys connect your headsets?

I could hear everyone's chat through my headphones when not racing but as soon as I was on track it was drowned out.

Need to sort something out before next race but not going to be able to shell out on a new XBO headset for a while so any suggestions welcomed :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention, you have to turn your controller completely off (by holding down the "X" big white button) and then turn it back on. This will allow you to be heard. But watch out, it goes dead during races in random intervals. Best get a TB Ear Force One when you can.

Well that ****ing sucks! My Power Blinked off during the Lightning storm and I lost! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hate this. When it happens to anyone. The survivors sort of informally agreed to give some fractions of points to those who get disconnected (not quit, but just cut off, like pCARS is prone to do). So 25% of your points for the place you were in if you get involuntarily disconnected within the first half of the race and 50% if during the second half.

The Mercedes seemed to suit my rostrum or hospital driving so was having fun literally put full downforce on the car.

Lap 1(2) Was trailing the bentley he span and it was a choose left or right job either needed severe swerving was go left or right i went right he rolled back and should of gone left.

A few laps later crashed into the tyre barrier at Chicane 1.

After that got stuck in the pits after tailing Cesar for a while.

Damn. Well glad you enjoyed it while you could. That's pCARS...brilliant when it works.

What place were you and on what lap when you got stuck in the pits?

Forgot to mention, you have to turn your controller completely off (by holding down the "X" big white button) and then turn it back on. This will allow you to be heard. But watch out, it goes dead during races in random intervals. Best get a TB Ear Force One when you can.
It was already off but no matter what I did I couldn't get it to turn on.

Doors the EFO not have to connect via the controller at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back