Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Chips,
That's what's a little confusing about your advice (much appreciated, as any experiences are). What confuses me is that in one paragraph you say:

"If you're having issues with fuel fill not being correct, or perhaps getting stuck on the wrong tires, you need to make sure you're not editing your saved strat in the pits."
AND
"Make sure you're not trying to edit that strat while in the pits."
"The guys that viewed their pit strats, pressed Y to make their desired strat default, and then closed the menu, left the pits with wet tires and the correct amount of fuel."

The examples would seem to contradict the advice. Or am I just going crazy? Seems also that the issue is hard to replicate in both single player race and multiplayer race.

Seems clear to me. I said editing your saved strategy will cause problems.

Example 1 - Guys edited the default strategy and got screwed.

Example 2 - Guys selected one of their preset strategies and did not get screwed.

Test it for yourself. Make a pit strategy for Hard Tires and 60 L of fuel. Go out for a lap, enter the pits, pull up the strategy, adjust the fuel to 90 and set the tires to Soft, save, exit, see what happens. You won't get 90 L of fuel and you'll still be on Hard tires.

At last!

Attachments

• 20150626_184642.jpg
    20150626_184642.jpg
    921.8 KB · Views: 170
Had a run out in the Giinetta last night and its by far my favourite of the cars to drive so far. Feels the most responsive and nimble of them all but also appears inherently slower by about a second for some reason. Anybody else tried it and found the same? I'd really like to go with this car but the apparent lack of pace puts me off somewhat.

I think we're on the same page with Tire pressures. Obviously there is an optimum window for tire pressures as far as performance goes. But I know from racing my own car in scca that you have pressure build-up in your tires due to heat. With the Bar system instead of PSi its a lot harder to visualize this are Bar measurements are very small adjustments in the PSi scale. I would run my fronts on my Focus at 34 psi- knowing that the heat from the track and friction would raise them to 36-37.5 psi. Before I started running Nitrogen, I used to have to bleed off the extra PSi as it continued to build, along with the heat. I would keep a sprayer bottle to cool off my Falken Azenis'. Its the same concept in NASCAR as well. If you want to qualify you start with more pressure in the tire as the heat builds up quicker. On a long run that heat causes the pressure in the tire to increase 4-6 psi.

Not sure we are on the same page...and I still sense a "but" in there up front. But that's ok...I'm just explaining it from a racing perspective. NASCAR and SCCA racing (I know, them well, as I used to race in the famous SCCA "run-offs" before they moved to Mid-Ohio) are apples and oranges to a series like the British GT Championship or any non-oval pro-level series for that matter. there is not a "window" for pressure because of performance, but because of heat. Both too high and too low equals too hot.

Bar to PSi is just a conversion, however smaller the Bar number is. Here is a handy conversion chart for those not familiar: http://www.convertunits.com/from/bar/to/psi. The whole reason racers use the Bar system is so they can be more precise. And I agree, it's harder to visualize if you are not used to it. (I had forgotten the exact conversion myself). But what you also need to see is that racing tires are a much different monster than your average Ford Focus road tire. Or NASCAR tire for that matter.

Remember how the grooves on the old F1 cars were straight, not jagged, like street cars and rain tires?...there was a good reason for that -- less friction. Any tire is going to build up heat, but a grooved street tire, no matter how nice, like your Falkens (which, by the way, are *not* cross grooved on the inside to attempt to minimize the friction due to scrubbing) will not only heat faster because of the pressure, but they slide far more at speed due to both the harder compound and the grooving. This is why you feel like you are driving on ice, even in the dry, when caught out on rain tires, even in a pro series, when it gets dry. And that's also why your Falkens can last on the road:
modp_1006_12_o+tire_buyers_guide+falken_rt615k.jpg

Racing slicks, of course, cannot last, but they also stick like glue, which is why they actually must have the correct contact patch to the road to avoid heat inflation. Their side walls are massively stronger, but their compound is so soft, that tearing is magnified if they are not inflated enough. In fact, it's more dangerous to *under* inflate them as opposed to over inflate them, since temperature will build faster due to the tire scrubbing way too much because it can't stop the over-flex in the corners. Remember, heat is just a by product of friction, which is not directly correlated to pressure, per se. Yes, over-inflated tires will get very hot, but so will under inflated tires as seen here for gaming purposes. In real life, under-inflation is a bit more of a spike upward on a very soft compound.

Here is a very good explanation that appeared on the pCARS forum:
With high tire pressure the contact patch of the tire is reduced. Leading to a higher pressure in the contact patch of the tire, making it easier to build up heat in the tire surface. But the carcass get lower deformation, so less heat from inside the rubber.
Lower tire pressure(to a certain limit) increases the contact patch, producing lower peak pressure in the contact patch, giving more grip esp longitudinally and getting less skid. The surface runs a bit cooler but the carcass is getting more deformation, so the tire gets more heat from inside the rubber.
How the tire reacts to lower or higher tire pressure also depends on the carcass structure. How stiff or soft the belt is and esp for cornering and initial turn in how big the apex is. If you increase the tire pressure you may hit a point where the car skids too much an the tires overheat because of that.
How a tire heats up also depends on what is in the compound. Silica makes is easier to heat up and has higher resistance to wear(most wet tires relay on Silica in the compound), but on a dry track for a race tire, carbon black is still the first choice.
General tire pressure behavior should be that with more tire pressure it creates less lateral force on lower wheel load resp. lower slip angel. And more lateral force on higher wheel load resp. slip angel. Meaning, with more pressure there is more grip on the limit but less on turn in. And all the other way around with reducing tire pressure.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...pressure-setup&p=952083&viewfull=1#post952083

Had a run out in the Giinetta last night and its by far my favourite of the cars to drive so far. Feels the most responsive and nimble of them all but also appears inherently slower by about a second for some reason. Anybody else tried it and found the same? I'd really like to go with this car but the apparent lack of pace puts me off somewhat.
I found the exact same thing Peter. Same with the Mercedes. I think for me, it's comfortable because it's not as fast. lol. Mario always said unless you feel on the edge/uncomfortable, you are not racing. Plus I'd rather have 1M needles stuck in my eye than listen to the Ginetta for a race.

Can I just clarify the assists finally please, so it's TC and ABS that is accepted in this series?

Still goes against the grain for me after a career of non-assists but if that's what they do in real life then can't really argue I guess.

Stability control is also allowed. Just like in real life. Another reason is that this game finally does assists right (see: Railer flying off into the wall, lap 1, Silverstone). If it were any other game, I'd stick with your instinct. And you are right in general, most racing series' don't allow them...but the reason the FIA does here and in WEC is pretty simple...because it's dangerous not to in endurance racing. Of course, F1 used to be full of them.

Seems clear to me. I said editing your saved strategy will cause problems.

Example 1 - Guys edited the default strategy and got screwed.

Example 2 - Guys selected one of their preset strategies and did not get screwed.

Test it for yourself. Make a pit strategy for Hard Tires and 60 L of fuel. Go out for a lap, enter the pits, pull up the strategy, adjust the fuel to 90 and set the tires to Soft, save, exit, see what happens. You won't get 90 L of fuel and you'll still be on Hard tires.

Yea, I get what you were trying to express now. I just got mixed up when I read this: equip wets manually and set fuel fill manually.

I was taking "manual" to be *not* trying to adjust while pitting, and I think you meant the opposite.

News
23/06/2015 Swan at the double as TORA British GT kicks off at Oulton

Scott Swan’s BAM Bentley Continental GT3 bagged a brace of TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship victories at Oulton Park last Sunday to become the real-world series’ first officially recognised virtual race winner.

The build-up to this season’s opening weekend largely centred on how fast the late-arriving Bentley would fare, particularly in the hands BAM’s Swan. After qualifying, however, the gap proved not to be quite as significant around the narrow Oulton Park circuit. Swan took pole by a mere 0.2sec over fellow BAM member Alexandre Arnou in his BMW Z4. The fastest non-BAM entry was Collin Barring for Le Mans Rennsport in third, so hardly the all-BAM Bentley-fest some had initially predicted.

In all, 137 cars took to the circuit for the opening round, a phenomenal number considering the nature of the track. With a mixture of top teams locking out the top spots on the grid and with a number of established names further back than would have been expected, the races were bound to produce fireworks.

Race 1 went the way of Swan in the Bentley, but it was no walk in the park with constant pressure applied throughout the race, firstly from the BAM BMW of Arnou and then the fleet of LMR and F4H entries close behind. Swan was able to control the pace well as the squabble for podium positions began in the latter stages but he was not able to draw too far away from the pack, raising more than a few eyebrows.

Second eventually went to the LMR Burkett Motorsport BMW of Thomas Lyden with Barring taking the final spot for LMR Gullwing.

The sister BAM Bentley driven by Joseph McAuley had not had the same luck as his victorious team-mate in qualifying and was quickly swamped by the pack at the start. An issue, unseen by the cameras, ended his race. The bad luck within the BAM camp also spread to the BMW of Arnou who suffered a mechanical issue sufficient to end his weekend before it had really started. With Nicolas Lozano also suffering technical issues midway through the race, the curtain had well and truly fallen on the French challenge.

The high attrition allowed the various LMR entries to capitalise and close off the podium in what had initially threatened to be a Scottish/French whitewash.

It was bad news before the start for Dan Austins though as a technical issue prevented him from starting the race. He held the 'prize' of being the highest qualified GT3 Aston Martin in 11th place but sadly it was all for nothing and 'Billy' didn't even get out of the pits. The Aston Martin honour instead went to Paul Webster in the Full Tilt Racing GT3 Vantage down in 39th place in what proved to be a challenging day for the British marque.

Race 2 saw another lights to flag victory for Bentley in the hands of Swan, the Scotsman controlling the pace well from the start and keeping just enough of a gap to the LMR boys to be comfortable. David Hoch, who’d finished fourth in the day’s opening encounter, improved to second ahead of fellow American Collin Barring, resulting in a decent weekend for LMR Gullwing with their pair of Mercedes SLS AMGs.

BAM's weekend then was very much bittersweet. The double win was undoubtedly a highlight but the problems arising with three of its other entries that could and should have been at or very near the front should not be ignored. No doubt there will be some head scratching before round 2 at Zolder…

However, for Le Mans Rennsport, the joy was clear for all to see and for Collin Barring, it was the culmination of a long few weeks of preparation not just from the driving seat but from the organisation too.

"We pushed hard and moved forward but just didn't quite have the pace to take on the lone Bentley. But it's a very satisfying performance for Le Mans Rennsport!

The main talk post race was how well the event ran. It makes us as a team proud to represent TORA and call it our home.”

For GT4 it was Parker in the DGT Racing Ginetta that came out on top after a battle with fellow Ginetta drivers that end up being very similar to that of Race 1. With the dramas befalling some of the GT3 drivers ahead Parker would finish just shy of the overall podium.

Suffice to say, the GT4 battle is well and truly on and we're in for an exciting contest if the two opening races are anything to go by.

For the rest of the grid it was very much a case of fighting attrition and managing the increased traffic on what is a narrow circuit that demands respect and patience in abundance.

The CQR Audi of Christian Rose had qualified perhaps a little further back than the regular front runners would have liked, but Rose – returning to GT racing after two years away – enjoyed his races and relished the challenge.

“I'm really pleased with how things went,” he said. “I made a few mistakes and lost a few positions, but also had some really good, close battles throughout the pack.”

Further back still and the GT4 battle between the Ford Mustangs was close between Israel Campos, Costa Rica's Jose Arguello and Mouse Racing's Michael Azzari. All three found themselves embroiled in close quarters engagements with some of the GT3 runners but each survived and the smiles after the event showed the level of enjoyment had by the international cast of Mustang drivers.

Attrition was a key word with a number of high-profile names enduring troublesome races not necessarily through contact with other cars. Scott McCraken for HCR was such a driver, a sizeable off at the Shell Hairpin ending his race.

The championship now moves to Zolder for the first of the 'flyaway' races. A lot of teams and drivers will be looking to get higher up the grid as the championship moves up a gear and all eyes will be on BAM and, in particular, the Bentley of Swan to see just how much longer their luck will hold out.
http://www.britishgt.com/newsitem.php?key=2353

Btw love my new rim so far.only gripe I have is the button color dont translate to the corresponding xbox button.example B button on xbox is red but on gt rim red is the A button..small but annoying when trying to map buttons

McNasty, there is a guy on the http://www.isrtv.com/forums/forum/125-thrustmaster-modifications/ that makes custom stickers that label the buttons XYBA. And you can even replace that silly little horse in the Middle with a BMW or Punisher sticker! :thumbsup:

I believe Robert said you could change cars to DLC or after the FFB changes we've encountered. Plus Robert just formed a RUF team with Railer leaving the Audi Factory Heads reeling. All that Sponsor money from SkyDive Dubai must have been too much to pass up!

McNasty, there is a guy on the http://www.isrtv.com/forums/forum/125-thrustmaster-modifications/ that makes custom stickers that label the buttons XYBA. And you can even replace that silly little horse in the Middle with a BMW or Punisher sticker! :thumbsup:

I believe Robert said you could change cars to DLC or after the FFB changes we've encountered. Plus Robert just formed a RUF team with Railer leaving the Audi Factory Heads reeling. All that Sponsor money from SkyDive Dubai must have been too much to pass up!

ROTFLMAO! :roflmao:
They were beyond pissed at Audi. Still theaten to throw me into German Court (probably with Bernie). When I asked Audi if they could match Dubai's promise of a $2B Yacht and and the most beautiful Hungarian girls at the beck and call of Railer and myself, they hesitated. So, I knew. :cautious: These two would be my first picks:
154274077_640.jpg

Besides, they calmed down a bit when I reminded them of my finishing results and lap times.

They also fitted me with a racing seat, but let me keep my new wheel, which appeals to me (I love it) precisely because the buttons are not labeled and a different color. Remindd me more of a real race car...like the emblem exemplifies. ;)

Michael is right about the car changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back