Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Wish I could say the same..not sure what isgoing on..but we had to turn off tyre wear among other things for next week to bandaid the problem.im going to purposely blow engine and have people pit to test ..if not I just be incredibly unlucky. Lol

Ive got stuck in pits with others twice now in two weeks..seems to happen after someone blows engine then there after anyone who enters pits gets held ..

Try some different strategies, like no fuel, no tires and no damage repair, each separately. See if they have an impact on being stuck. when tires are not changed, I seem to have better luck.

Try some different strategies, like no fuel, no tires and no damage repair, each separately. See if they have an impact on being stuck. when tires are not changed, I seem to have better luck.
In my TORA race I had to pit twice for repairs. One time I didn't change tires and the other time I think I had to because I was missing one, but each time they let me out.

In my TORA race I had to pit twice for repairs. One time I didn't change tires and the other time I think I had to because I was missing one, but each time they let me out.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I have been held after the patch. I'll check the forums, but if someone has been held (McNasty, I think you said something about this happening to you online post-patch) then or has forum info, please share. Thanks Michael also for the room tonight. I pitted three times just to test, but didn't have any problems. (Other than the nagging fuel option, which seems to allow no pitting without refueling to race max.)

And with this patch not likely to be out until mid to late July it means that even if they are included in the following patch you are looking at late Summer time before these major issues are fixed. Credit to them for getting three patches out in the space of around 3 months but I really would have thought online racing should have been a bigger priority with these fixes as they will cause people to walk away if not resolved.

And with this patch not likely to be out until mid to late July it means that even if they are included in the following patch you are looking at late Summer time before these major issues are fixed. Credit to them for getting three patches out in the space of around 3 months but I really would have thought online racing should have been a bigger priority with these fixes as they will cause people to walk away if not resolved.

I've never been convinced that many online connectivity issues are corrected with a patch. For instance, the debacle yesterday was not a patch issue. I'm hoping they address their obviously flawed hardware system for connecting gamers. And I did notce some multiplayer connection related fixes in 3.0 --

* Xbox One - fix attempt for a hard-to-reproduce issue where the game would at times freeze or crash when 8 or more players joined a session all at once.
* Xbox One – fixed an issue that at times would prevent a player from establishing full connectivity when leaving a lobby and trying to reconnect to it.

I've never been convinced that many online connectivity issues are corrected with a patch. For instance, the debacle yesterday was not a patch issue. I'm hoping they address their obviously flawed hardware system for connecting gamers. And I did notce some multiplayer connection related fixes in 3.0 --

* Xbox One - fix attempt for a hard-to-reproduce issue where the game would at times freeze or crash when 8 or more players joined a session all at once.
* Xbox One – fixed an issue that at times would prevent a player from establishing full connectivity when leaving a lobby and trying to reconnect to it.
What debacle was that Robert?

The first one is hopefully the most important but we'll have to see gow it pans out in about a months time.

I like the fact that it will enable ytou to have your controller connected to navigate the menus etc. Shame it won't be available for extra buttons if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back