Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

On the xbox, it's a setting in the individual car setup's force feedback section (the right paddle from the setup screen, then, like the setup screen, you scroll through using your gas and brake).
Did this with not much change. The Practice race we did a week back or so, where I posted my quali lap, they are the steering settings I want and like. But I have no idea what has changed. I don't believe I have touched anything.

My settings are:
Wheel rotation: 900
Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering sensitivity: 30 (Unsure what this means)
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle sensitivity: 50
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 50
Clutch Deadzone: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 50
Speed Sensitivity: 60
Controller Filtering: 0
Damper: 0
Controller Imput Mode: 3 (Unsure what this means)
Advanced: On
Soft Steering Dampening: On
Opposite Lock: Off

Try the Speed Sensitivity at 0 and the Steering Sensitivity at 0. The Advanced is "off" with nothing on under it. That's what I have. You have to go down to the 6:--- range in the Steering Lock for most cars in the individual settings. Make sure you have no deadzones.

Michael Watts/ michaei watts/ BMW Z4 GT3 #82
Just got back from Chicago last night at 9:45pm. Not sure how the light rain is going to work I've yet to practice in it. Are we going to be able to start on Inters?? I would like to get some practice laps in. Send me a Part Invite I'll give it a go. Maybe for the ones that can't make it we can throw out the worst finish type deal.. just a thought.

Last edited:
@Robert

Curious if you tested this weather setup to see if it is going to work as you've outlined. I've done quite a bit of testing and the weather system seems very much flawed. If you're around today we can chat in party about it.

Also, I'll be using the #101 Aston Martin.

Last edited:
@Robert

Curious if you tested this weather setup to see if it is going to work as you've outlined. I've done quite a bit of testing and the weather system seems very much flawed. If you're around today we can chat in party about it.

Also, I'll be using the #101 Aston Martin.

Actually, I did. lol. It's not going to match the real life race exactly I'm sure, but that race did start out wet, from reports, so if you run 2x weather with light rain in the third slot and also 2x time, it hits about perfectly. The actual race was three hours long.

Michael Watts/ michaei watts
Just got back from Chicago last night at 9:45pm. Not sure how the light rain is going to work I've yet to practice in it. Are we going to be able to start on Inters?? I would like to get some practice laps in. Send me a Part Invite I'll give it a go. Maybe for the ones that can't make it we can throw out the worst finish type deal.. just a thought.

I have my setup saved where the tires are "automatic by weather" but if you find you need to, you can always jump into the pits after the pace lap.

No RUF's on the grid yet. I'll take the Nextraline #63 RUF instead to promote variety.

Actually we have McNasty, who is in a Ruf, but I don't know the number. And Railer said he was going to make it and he's in a Ruf too, I believe.

By the way Railer -- my tire pressures are 18.8 bar on the rear and 19.5 bar on the front. Seems to stay not too hot although not ideal.

Actually we have McNasty, who is in a Ruf, but I don't know the number. And Railer said he was going to make it and he's in a Ruf too, I believe.

By the way Railer -- my tire pressures are 18.8 bar on the rear and 19.5 bar on the front. Seems to stay not too hot although not ideal.

Didn't notice that. Is anyone in the McLaren? I don't see it in the opening post. If not I'll take that. Don't really care what I drive, just like to see some variety.

Ran some practice laps in the Lite Rain with Automatic by Weather, and my tires were over heating bad by lap 3 with a full fuel load. It takes too much time to adjust pressures on a pitstop to accomplish this and I'm pretty sure you probably need different tire pressures based on Wets vs. Dry. I'm assuming from my test it is placing me on full Wets as Intermediates in the Light Rain are almost un-drivable. Also Fuel consumption goes up because of the TC kicking in constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back