Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Was a good race, Congrats to Dylan and some excellent pit strategy. I couldn't make much gains on him after our strategies played out even running 2.01.8's. Finished with 3.6L of fuel in the tank after making a quick change in fuel strategy. Beside my couple of glitch spins my Pit stop hurt me the worst, not to mention staying out on Wets a lap longer than I should have. Was probably the most awesome race I've run in simulation to date.
6615results_zpstnhzybym.jpg

Last edited:
Not a good race for the #76 Ruf Porsche. Spun on lap 1 after hitting the curbing got some damage. Pit stop strategy not sure what happened but the race engineer has been fired for putting slicks on when it should have been wets. At least the pit crew was tested and they had problems too with losing a wheel nut then discovering a battery needing to be changed. Least I was able to get a few big gulps of fluids while waiting. Didn't see too many cars and after the spin it was pretty much a test session. From what I heard from the other competitors it was a very good race and no incidents to speak of, just good clean racing.
So we go from the wide open asphalt of Silverstone to the kart size track at Oulton Park. Will the race be decided from pole position? Should be close racing.

I need to find some padding for under my heel. My left heel fell asleep about midway through the race. I don't usually wear shoes, but I might have to bust out the old puma's. Of course that was a super long race.
I find similar problems in our F1 races, almost two hours of racing is tough isn't it :) I find it difficult to race wearing any kind of footwear so I have an old pair of football socks folded up in the base of my pedals to give some cushioning. I have to try to get some relief for the left leg during the pit stops as I sometimes end up with no feeling in my braking leg towards the end of races lol.

Reactions: Rob
Thanks to all who participated and made the race enjoyable (except for Railer, but I think he'd agree that even "testing" is preferable to mowing the grass). I was alone much of the race too, except for about 33% of it. During that time, either I was being hunted or hunting McNasty, but provided to be a very close, tough fair, and great opponent. We had some really tight battles, but my video cuts out at eight minutes in and boots back to the pCARS home screen every time...no matter what I try. Next time I'll be streaming. I'd rather take the risk than not get the race recorded. Another "booo" for pCARS...they sure are racking them up.

But despite all that, no race I've ever been in seemed more real. Railer, I too had to "talk" to my pit crew and even let one go, as the left front tire changer didn't even think to have a spare lug nut on him and cost me about 15 seconds in the pits! Moron! Anyway, you will be pleased to learn Railer, that all I got ws the start and a couple of good angles of your lap one crash. That grass was lifelike for sure...your car seemed to speed up and nail that distant wall. Of course, that is a fast section.

After that, McNasty and I traded spots a couple of time, as I really got lucky in the pits, when I came in for damage and took a HUGE gamble while it was raining to go to slicks and sure enough, on the out lap it stopped raining. :cool:. But too many mistakes saw McNasty catch me a time or two and my mistakes outweighed his, so he won a really enjoyable battle very rightly so. Everyone sounded like they had a pretty good, clean, and lag free (except for those super curbs Mike) race. So, with all the problems pCARS has been having recently, I'd say this was a moral victory. I wish I had the whole video. Thanks for the screen shot Michael. And NICE WIN Dylan. You really found some serious speed between the test race and today! :thumbsup:

Video One:

That's such a shame about the replays Robert, this must be something that the patch has caused mustn't it as you recorded the whole of that pre-patch practice race a couple of weeks back. I guess it means yet another outlay on a recording device as I think with all the connection issues live streaming would be too much of a gamble.

That's such a shame about the replays Robert, this must be something that the patch has caused mustn't it as you recorded the whole of that pre-patch practice race a couple of weeks back. I guess it means yet another outlay on a recording device as I think with all the connection issues live streaming would be too much of a gamble.

No I streamed the actual race. Not the recording. So I can't say the patch was the cause. But it would not surprise me, since it has messed up so much other stuff. I'm still going to livestream. I don't think it's a risk. Or rather...it *shouldn't* be. But if it is, I'd say you are right. They really need to fix MP entirely.

No I streamed the actual race. Not the recording. So I can't say the patch was the cause. But it would not surprise me, since it has messed up so much other stuff. I'm still going to livestream. I don't think it's a risk. Or rather...it *shouldn't* be. But if it is, I'd say you are right. They really need to fix MP entirely.
Ahh, yes that's correct I forgot it was the actual race live you recorded. But you have watched other replays post the 8 minute mark pre-patch haven't you? I know I have although none of them from multiplayer races of course.

I think doing a test or two with people live streaming would be wise prior to the next round rather than risking it in a league race untested. I'll be around to help do that this week provided auto gears are allowed in the sessions, I can't manage manual on a pad at the moment but just to help test some things out that shouldn't be a problem i hope.

Ahh, yes that's correct I forgot it was the actual race live you recorded. But you have watched other replays post the 8 minute mark pre-patch haven't you? I know I have although none of them from multiplayer races of course.

I think doing a test or two with people live streaming would be wise prior to the next round rather than risking it in a league race untested. I'll be around to help do that this week provided auto gears are allowed in the sessions, I can't manage manual on a pad at the moment but just to help test some things out that shouldn't be a problem i hope.

Geez...we will probably all be running auto gears at Oulton! Have you seen that place? I wish I could trade the Audi for a 250cc Kart.

Yeah I may try a live broadcast next time. I managed to record 1 hour and 17 minutes of me messing around and doing some TT with no issues. I just have to get my son off GTA V for a while to save my bandwidth.

Haha, I got acknowledgment of the Replay issue through a warning on Project Cars forum. I guess I'll have to leave it alone and hope they include it in the next patch. Save your replay Robert and they might fix it.

Thanks guys, really good race. Dodnt expect the win at all! I will write a proper race report when my laptop decides to work.

But i didnt join practice and missed quali trying to fix my wheel settings, what a nightmare!

Anyway came in for slicks, and the pit crew put no fuel on the car! Had to make another stop!

My fastest lap was a 2:01.4

Oulton park should be a treat, is it the full circuit? Very tight flowing track.

My favourite part of silverstone was a pass on Robert, you were being lapped but i thought it was more of a overtake. Round the outside of turn 2, felt good becauae i was loosing the back end and only just slowed the car down, then took and parked the car on the inside of turn 3. A good pass for me in any game, but the feel of the pass and almost loosing the car was something else! Really made it great for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back