Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I just generally a SMS screw up, I think our connections and locations have nothing to do with the game community issues which to be honest should not exist in a game at the this level in public. they really have let there customers down at the moment and really need to address a product which is not the product they promised to the public. It is a shame as this games has so much going for it and potential.

I haven't found any PS4 races to check but the PC guys seem to be doing OK so this is just a console problem or just an XBO problem?
My theory is that, sure, they tested the crap out of it on PC, but had no way to put many resources toward the xbox or PS4, which account for 90% of their sales. Those versions are riddled with problems aside from the actual play. Some they can fix, but as Bram said, it's a slow process. At some point, the question becomes "did they intentionally sell a defective product?" I asked Ian Bell this but got no answer. Either his devs knew the ffb, for instance, was crap, or didn't. The later being not illegal, just incompetence.

I just generally a SMS screw up, I think our connections and locations have nothing to do with the game community issues which to be honest should not exist in a game at the this level in public. they really have let there customers down at the moment and really need to address a product which is not the product they promised to the public. It is a shame as this games has so much going for it and potential.
I agree completely. The old gen has been going it fine for years, as does FM5.

I think we could do something like this and have 6-8 per lobby (different times) on Saturday and then have a runoff on Wednesday night. Europe vs. America. As long as the lobbies are small, until they fix the problem. Would follow the "Zero to Hero" career path in the game.

My theory is that, sure, they tested the crap out of it on PC, but had no way to put many resources toward the xbox or PS4, which account for 90% of their sales. Those versions are riddled with problems aside from the actual play. Some they can fix, but as Bram said, it's a slow process. At some point, the question becomes "did they intentionally sell a defective product?" I asked Ian Bell this but got no answer. Either his devs knew the ffb, for instance, was crap, or didn't. The later being not illegal, just incompetence.
It definitely seems that the XBO version had very little testing for these problems to have made it through. I alluded to this in an earlier post. Multilayer is such a huge part of any game nowadays that to have it so crippled is a real game breaker for many.

I have been reading through some stuff on the PC forums and although they do not have the same level of problems as on the XBO there are some very unhappy people who feel that the PC version has been handicapped at the expense of the console. One of the series that they had planned to run in a big way on PC which would have really promoted pCars nicely has now pretty much had to be scrapped due to missing features that were promised and the games inability to stream fully.

It's a real shame that something that has so much going for it is floundering in this way and it needs some major work to get it up to speed and capable of what was promised and expected. I just hope people have the patience to give them the chance to put it right but all those delays which everyone thought were to make sure the game was right on release have left some big doubters out there.

I think we could do something like this and have 6-8 per lobby (different times) on Saturday and then have a runoff on Wednesday night. Europe vs. America. As long as the lobbies are small, until they fix the problem. Would follow the "Zero to Hero" career path in the game.
There needs to be a period of testing this fully to make sure it's feasible. Last thing we want is to start something else only to see that it too is unworkable.

How do the numbers stack p for something like this too?

It definitely seems that the XBO version had very little testing for these problems to have made it through. I alluded to this in an earlier post. Multilayer is such a huge part of any game nowadays that to have it so crippled is a real game breaker for many.

I have been reading through some stuff on the PC forums and although they do not have the same level of problems as on the XBO there are some very unhappy people who feel that the PC version has been handicapped at the expense of the console. One of the series that they had planned to run in a big way on PC which would have really promoted pCars nicely has now pretty much had to be scrapped due to missing features that were promised and the games inability to stream fully.

It's a real shame that something that has so much going for it is floundering in this way and it needs some major work to get it up to speed and capable of what was promised and expected. I just hope people have the patience to give them the chance to put it right but all those delays which everyone thought were to make sure the game was right on release have left some big doubters out there.

Yea, I'm willing to be patient, as are many I think. The question for me is (and I agree with your points BTW...all very well said) which problems are patchable and which problems are potentially not. I'm no computer geek but I would venture to say that the online mess re: lobbies crashing is simply a resource issue. Or an issue that they can fix. I'd also say that the ffb is going to be improved too...and even if not, I'm ok with it now. So I still hold out much hope for the game. My opinion really is more rosy than my recent comments would indicate because our "big" event was ruined. That really ticked me off, but if you put it into perspective, we have a solid foundation that can work...they just need to get on the ball. And like you said, F1 and FM6 are right around the corner. If FM6 has weather and a better ffb model, all they would have to really add is tire wear and fuel to really come close to pCARS. And I mean damn close. They already have them beaten in graphics. F1 is the wild card, but a niche market. I know folks on here go ga ga over F1, but it's not where the big money is. pCARS was supposed to be the answer...and it still can be, since other than FM6, I don't know of any other game that will try to be a SIM racer for the general public. If WRC and Rally Evo are THAT good, I might just get into that for a while. I love rally anyway.

There needs to be a period of testing this fully to make sure it's feasible. Last thing we want is to start something else only to see that it too is unworkable.

How do the numbers stack p for something like this too?

Speaking of...I need a volunteer to host in Europe. I'm doing a test run on Wednesday for North Americans only, and if we can get a European based host for Saturday (and Wednesday too, although I know it's short notice), then we will know. Based on that, we can either start on Saturday or run a practice race. The race would be 125cc Karts. Just like the start of Zero to Hero career. So, yes, to answer your question...we need to test ASAP. But we also need players to do so.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm willing to be patient, as are many I think. The question for me is (and I agree with your points BTW...all very well said) which problems are patchable and which problems are potentially not. I'm no computer geek but I would venture to say that the online mess re: lobbies crashing is simply a resource issue. Or an issue that they can fix. I'd also say that the ffb is going to be improved too...and even if not, I'm ok with it now. So I still hold out much hope for the game. My opinion really is more rosy than my recent comments would indicate because our "big" event was ruined. That really ticked me off, but if you put it into perspective, we have a solid foundation that can work...they just need to get on the ball. And like you said, F1 and FM6 are right around the corner. If FM6 has weather and a better ffb model, all they would have to really add is tire wear and fuel to really come close to pCARS. And I mean damn close. They already have them beaten in graphics. F1 is the wild card, but a niche market. I know folks on here go ga ga over F1, but it's not where the big money is. pCARS was supposed to be the answer...and it still can be, since other than FM6, I don't know of any other game that will try to be a SIM racer for the general public. If WRC and Rally Evo are THAT good, I might just get into that for a while. I love rally anyway.
I'm with you on that front Robert, I'm not going anywhere as far as pCars is concerned and will stay patient and keep faith that they will get those important issues sorted out.

For me single player is very important anyway as that's where I spend the majority of my time in any game and I know I can get immense enjoyment out of the game right now in that mode. But of course multiplayer is vital for the games future and like you I never expected the online component to be so messed up.

I'll more then likely be picking up FM5 on the cheap soon so can finally get to see what you are taking about with that and although no great rally fan will also look at one of those when they are available, plus F1 of course so there still plenty to keep us race fans happy for some time to come :thumbsup:

Speaking of...I need a volunteer to host in Europe. I'm doing a test run on Wednesday for North Americans only, and if we can get a European based host for Saturday (and Wednesday too, although I know it's short notice), then we will know. Based on that, we can either start on Saturday or run a practice race. The race would be 125cc Karts. Just like the start of Zero to Hero career. So, yes, to answer your question...we need to test ASAP. But we also need players to do so.

If you do it at a reasonable time in the UK then ill be happy to help :thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
I think they did a lot of testing on PC because that is the only builds we saw. But they should have also had a dedicated group of Beta testers for both Consoles instead of having just one or two on site to test their final builds. I wonder if they don't just set up the system specifications on PC and test Xbox and PS versions on the PC still, and that is why so many bugs are surfacing.

Last edited:
I know Grid Autosport could support 12 people. I've been in those rooms on the 360. There may be some lag sometimes, but that is too be expected. As far as signal strength in the lobby, All the Euro guys were red to US guys and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes