Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

The problem is Thrustmasters "Elite" pedals aren't any better. Their idea of a Factory brake mod is merely a door stop on a metal bracket. And they tout that as if they are proud of it. Even the cheapest Fanatec pedals had adjustable spring rates on their pedals. I had my pedals just right with my Fanatec and then go to the sloppy pedals of the Thrustmaster. Yes, they did a fantabulous job on the wheel, but the pedals were almost an afterthought. We can't all be twinkle toes like Peter, LoL. I'm heavy footed and when I press down on the brake pedal I expect some kind of resistance. I've driven a stock car with no Power-assist brakes, the pedal is hard to push down, not like your road car at all. The TX pedals are like a road car, but you have ABS standard in most road cars. You can't use these pedals without ABS. That's why I installed the RC Shocks. I'm still dialing them in but that little mod cost less than $30 and I think I will be happier with them in the long run. The alternative, is to by Fanatec's CSR Elite pedals ($300) with Load Cell Technology and use a Jon Basher Board ($48) to make the pedals compatible. You can look at the Thrustmaster Pedals set all you want but there still is no adjustable spring rate resistance and only a rubber stopper to keep you from locking all the way down.

The Fanatec CSR pedals were utter and complete crap. Three sets and all were trash. Yes, they would have been nice had they worked. Problem is, they were made of plastic push rods that snapped (like my second set) and circuitry that was defective 70% of the time. The internet is full of their garbage and horror stories. Yea, they looked nice and were big and had adjustable springs, blah, blah, blah, but they didn't work. Furthermore, the accelerator was also crap. Mine stayed around 95% of max until I finally figured out (through Forza of all games) that there was a short when you simply put your feet on the metal plate. They customer service was crap too. What good are pedals that look good but don't work? There is a good reason Inside Sim Racing does not deal with this company anymore. How they even stay afloat is beyond me. No wonder Microsoft dropped them like a hot stone when it came time to get "official". Point is, I like my "no resistance" Thustmaster pedals 2000% better than the Fanatec set because they actually work when you press them down. Imagine that. Yea, I have to use a rubber stopper, but it's not bad. And I've driven all sorts of cars too...the Fanatec CSR pedals are not even comparable to a go cart, let alone any real car. (I do realize you would opt for something different though now Mike).

They modded pedals, while having a rubber stopper, actually work quite well, according to many in the know. That's really all I need, as long as they work. (And Peter even likes a cheaper version, which is great). The conical mod is adjustable and firm at the stop. That's how brakes feel. They come to a hard stop very quickly. It's not a clutch. It's not a spring that would make them feel real to me. That's just my opinion. And others who do this for a living agree (but admittedly, they are pricey at about $125):

And if you really want to mod the shite out of your rig, go with a quality company like Logitech, and combine it with the best wheel on the market (Thustmaster) using the same Basher mod @ $19:

But hey, I'm still jealous of your mod skills. And diversity makes everyone aware of a potential happy ending (not that kind). lol.

Last edited:
The pedal set I have gives better resistance than that of the last two cars we had, it's progressive and the adjustable plates allow me to get the angle just right. I've been thoroughly impressed. I would still like to give Michaels little mod a try out though :thumbsup:

BTW Patch 3.0 Notes are out. Patch still has not been submitted.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ct-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-3-0-Release-notes

* Fixed an issue where AI drivers would remain stuck in their pit boxes when using accelerated time.
(that's us!)
And wow:
* Handbrake and boost controls assignments are now no longer mandatory.
* Fixed an issue where there was a sudden loss of FFB after a severe collision.
* Xbox One – fixed an issue where Force feedback was lost when focus was lost to the onscreen keyboard, other overlaid system apps or snapped apps.

This is a very impressive patch. I'm getting a sinking feeling though about MP in general. I think it's just not going to be addressed in full. While I agree private lobbies have gotten more stable, they are still not working as well as they should (no reason FM5 can work flawlessly with 16 players talking at the same time and pCARS cannot). It's not the xbox folks. It may be related to the dedicated servers, but that was a choice SMS made...to put their servers in the clouds. Or, as on F1, peer to peer. Both are nowhere near as stable as dedicated, like Turn 10 has. Simple really. Money. But we WILL make do...this game, esp. after this epic patch, is just too good to give up on, even if we have to split lobbies. Even so, I think up to 10-12 will work just fine. I can deal with that in exchange for a revolutionary game.

The pedal set I have gives better resistance than that of the last two cars we had, it's progressive and the adjustable plates allow me to get the angle just right. I've been thoroughly impressed. I would still like to give Michaels little mod a try out though :thumbsup:

Brakes are not progressive in equal amounts. That's why I think the reviewer likes the conical mod. It stops hard where the pads meet the metal, like real life. Before that, it's fairly soft.

BTW Patch 3.0 Notes are out. Patch still has not been submitted.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ct-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-3-0-Release-notes
That's a really impressive list of improvements to the game. There's a lot there to be really happy about including the spectate mode, changing cars in the replays and improved telemetry and HUD info.. The tyre information is a great addition :thumbsup:

However, one small concern... No mention of the various pitting problems online, stuck in pits, no tyre change, etc. Unless I missed those amongst everything else included there.

Great job by SMS nonetheless :)

Brakes are not progressive in equal amounts. That's why I think the reviewer likes the conical mod. It stops hard where the pads meet the metal, like real life. Before that, it's fairly soft.
Not sure what you mean there Rob, mine seem really nicely progressive, it's one of the reasons I can avoid lockups on F1. The last sentence is confusing me to... Your saying yours doesn't stop hard as it meets the end point?

Not sure what you mean there Rob, mine seem really nicely progressive, it's one of the reasons I can avoid lockups on F1. The last sentence is confusing me to... Your saying yours doesn't stop hard as it meets the end point?

Not unmodified they don't. With the rubber doorstop:
white-door-stop-3-pack-3015732-0-1407921479000.jpg

They act more like brakes, but not entirely, as real brakes have fairly weak resistance that gets much more progressively stronger once it passes midpoint. This graph tells you what I mean (the Logitech don't mimic real brakes but the red line does):
gteye-brake-graph.jpg

In other words, 75% of the total 200% resistance from zero to half way, but 125% of the 200% resistance increase from half way to full.

That's a really impressive list of improvements to the game. There's a lot there to be really happy about including the spectate mode, changing cars in the replays and improved telemetry and HUD info.. The tyre information is a great addition :thumbsup:

However, one small concern... No mention of the various pitting problems online, stuck in pits, no tyre change, etc. Unless I missed those amongst everything else included there.

Great job by SMS nonetheless :)

Yea, I think you did miss the pit fix. (And I agree 100% with you about the enormity of the patch in general). It says this, which is interesting because we were somewhat off with our various theories, myself included:
* Fixed an issue where AI drivers would remain stuck in their pit boxes when using accelerated time.
(remember, we always used accelerated time)
And hopefully this addresses the pit bug re: tires:
* Ensure that the Default pitstop strategy is set to the Active one on each session start, to prevent issues with previously configured and now irrelevant strategies being active.
And this will allow us to change on the fly:
* Fixed an issue in online races where the pit crew would ignore any changes made to the pit strategy once the player’s car was stationary in the pit box.

Admittedly, the last one is sort of vague....

Friday Night GT Championship After One Round

1- Andrew Holmes. 12
2- Ben Milden. 10
3- Adam Morris. 08
4- Andy Graham 07
5- Jelani Patterson. 06
6- Gareth Williams. 05
7- Thomas While. 04
8- Adam Marks. 03
9- Ronnie Dewey. 02
10- Kevin Weixler. 01
11- Darren Holmes. 00
12-Adel Elsayed. 00
13-James Hewitt. 00
14-Joseph Khan. 00
15-Benjamin McCluskey. 00

Apologies to everyone for last night. Something came up so had to go in qualy. Thought i might come back in time but that wasnt the case. Sorry to everyone for not leaving the session. Was very irresponsible of me to stay there and potentially cause a collision in the race if i didn't get going. Hope you all had a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.7%