PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
I haven’t yet made any conclusions on the Seta files as need to do more testing.
there’s gold in there, but the brake issues are something i’m still unsure about. on one hand the brake feedback is awesome on some cars but too much on others.
so more testing ahead for me when home.
increasing jrkcnr values seem to balance the feeling a bit in preliminary testing, but then in T300 v1 it was perhaps better even at default.

one nasty car to try is the bmw M3 GT4 on the nasty knockhill reverse. it’s very bumpy in brake zone so really chuck’s worst case scenario at you. quite violent.

this testing is with aids off .

but as i said i need to test more before getting carried away with changing things.

Kuku Maddog,
Great feedback as usual! I get it.... I’ll test drive the M3 GT4 tonight. The problem is that know exactly what to tell SMS on how to fix the issue. It would be a simple fix, but SMS is done with this great sim.... AMS2 and Reiza could use this help. They’d have the best FFB and physics on the market. Overall IMO it’s way better then not having the tire feedback.

The braking torque to the wheelbase comes through the momentum X and Z. I even tried using the momentum X and Z from the old rack system, but the cars felt so dead in comparison. I tried blending the forces and moments together and separately by averaging and using the systems blend function. This is the best I’ve gotten it to. My wheel stays so darn straight even when I let go of it, like it should. All the forces are sooo good and balanced.

My wheel stays so darn straight even when I let go of it, like it should. All the forces are sooo good and balanced.
interesting. perhaps thats because you have no dead zone in your wheel. but under brake lock on unflat roads or with a bit of yaw in body i was getting tracking left or right and sometimes both .

interesting. perhaps thats because you have no dead zone in your wheel. but under brake lock on unflat roads or with a bit of yaw in body i was getting tracking left or right and sometimes both .

*** This is with all assists off ***
I just drove 2 to 3 quick laps on all the GT4 cars on Brands Hatch. First I drove the BMW GT4 and I was shocked at what was going on. It felt bad! Now mind you I've only had a sip of wine after a good homemade spaghetti dinner. :) So, I drove the rest and came back to the BMW. All of the rest felt good. The Aston Martin Felt like the brakes influenced the steering a bit much, the Boss Mustang a bit too, but I didn't give myself enough time to adjust to each car's handling. The Ginetta felt really balanced like the night before (no seriously I was driving it last night). The X-bow was balanced along with the Cayman. After going back to the BMW I realized I had a tweaked setup and with major camber adjustment. I loaded the Loose and then the Stable setup. Both felt better, but the brakes do influence the steering more than the other cars. That is what is supposed to happen with the feel of the tires, it takes a little getting used to. I then adjusted the brake bias towards the back and reduced the brake pressure to 80%. I still feel the influence on the steering when braking, but it felt controlled and how it should be felt with the tire model (I think). Maybe there's something more, but I think it's just the way certain cars might handle and of course, our brake pedals will make a difference. I'm using a loadcell on a Fanatec V2 pedal set. I know the pedal set was my first upgrade when I have a G27 and bought it used. Most of my rig is used. ;) ... just trying to stretch my money.

None of the FX influenced this as I had them turned off during this quick test.

Take a test drive on the good old 1973 Porsche 911 RSR. Let me know how balanced that feels.... I'm sure the force of the brake calipers and the tires come into play. BTW - with the 1973 Porche my volume setting is at 25. Very low compared to the rest of the GT4 cars (I think they might have been around a volume of 50).

DEADZONE..... Again the deadzone is now implemented differently. The deadzone should be tighter. It is not only added to the final output but added to the lock stops and final hard_clip output. It tightens it up much better. Previously to this deadzone fix I was starting to hate the legendary Caterham Seven. It felt like driving an 1970's Chevy Pickup or Suburban. I've prayed for my forgiveness as it feels really good now. ;).... My deadzone registers at zero and only have it set to 0.1 It feels good and haven't tried anything different since implementing this tweak.

After all this it might be your deadzone setting needs tweaking or brake strength is too high?

Keep us posted... Thanks Pops

Hi, I tried the other file in stead of the 300RS file for my TS racer wheel now. I mostly drive vintage cars like the GTA mustang/chevy (love the V8 roar!) and other antiques so my exprience is limited. And I also use a motion seat and tactile feedabck as well so I do not depend on wheel ffb alone. That said, for me the previous file V9 suits me better although there is a bit of lack of road textures and feel, but very depending on the track. When I drive the Hockenheim classic I have loads of road rumble but if I drive the modern GT lay out I have almost none (with previous file). Hard to judge. PC2 seems very inconsistent track and car wise so I only use PC2 for a few cars and tracks that feel good to me. Like Kuku said the braking feedback of this update was too strong (like ABS) although ABS is not used with the vintage cars. Also, I had to set the volume to almost 100 to get a good weight and strenght. But in general the ffb has improved loads against the standard ffb and happy with the previous file for now :) Thanks!

Hi, I tried the other file in stead of the 300RS file for my TS racer wheel now. I mostly drive vintage cars like the GTA mustang/chevy (love the V8 roar!) and other antiques....

I totally agree with vintage cars and the V8's! I love the modern race cars too, but the vintage stuff has such a great feel and the sound is pure joy!.. I'll work on the braking issue.

Thank you for the feedback!
Pops

The simplest solution is always the best. I was trying to re-blend the SETA tire rack with the old rack, rebalance axial tire parameters, filtering axial forces/momentum and a numerous other basic and convoluted techniques. There has been lots of lost sleep thinking of ways to solve this! I have a little more testing to do, but I feel I have fixed the SC, TC, and ABS issue with the SETA rack without taking away any of the fluid balanced, detail, or strength of this FFB. I also noticed suspension oscillation on certain road cars when elevation changes take place and that is taken care of now. I've driven the McLaren 570S, Toyota GT86, AMG C63 Coupe, BMW 1M Coupe with no stability FFB spikes. With the SETA tire rack the wheel strength was lower, but thanks to Klosteinlecker (will be knighted and known as RacerMax) the center forces are being now enhanced by scaling the Gain. Thanks RacerMax ;)!

I'm going to take a little more time testing before I re-send an update to backers (testers, online comrads, friends, and fellow racing PC2 fanboys). I will blend in what Max has done with his testing on his G27 wheelbase for a specific Logitech file. I think what needs to be done after this is test on different wheelbases to re-balance out the road noise through the SETA tire rack and all the FX for a variety of different wheelbases. At the same time leaving room to adjust for everyone's taste.

I also know Karsten has some amazing tech in his FFB and may add something special here or to a separate hybrid FFB. All I know is that PC2 is going to be loved by more car fans because of all of this hard work by many! Please support the modders. Simracing 604 just posted a paid car mod video by VRC, buy them even if you arent a LMP fan. We need to keep this simulator growing.

Simracing604's video:

VRC website:

Wouldn't it be great to have paid DLC for DTM cars and more? Support the PC2 community, please.

All the best and Cheers!
PopsRacer

#projectcars2 #simracing #racinggame #VRC

Last edited:
Coffee backers have been updated to V10.25.2020 SETA+RACK. This version includes 3 separate FFB files. Mid to DD, T300RS, and Logitech. Special thanks to MaxRacer for the Logitech tuning. The TC, ABS, and SC have been tuned out. Road cars feel great with all of these assists on. I still prefer them off, but they do not interfere with the FFB.

Enjoy!
PopsRacer

Thanks @goonchy! I can't donate now, but I look forward to comparing it to the one I use now when it comes out general release.

Robinitro,
I understand when money is tight. No worries..... <thumbs up> I am truly hoping for better times for all!

All donation amounts are transparent on my Buy me a cup of coffee page and will be given fully to Alex's lemonade to help research and fight childhood cancer at the end of the year. I will even include the full donation and not what is deducted after the coffee page.

Thanks for letting me bring this up again.

What timeframes do you do for the public releases? Is it until you reach some donation goal? Just curious how that works.

Robnitro
There are no set times or donation goals, my friend. Donations are very very low. I've spent hundreds of hours on this and there have only been 12 donations counted for close to 6 months for a whopping total of $65 US dollars minus the coffee fees. The people that donate get to try new FFB's, sometimes with benefits and sometimes with problems.

I hope that satisfies your curiosity.

Last edited:
goonchy updated PopsRacer FFB with a new update entry:

PopsRacer FFB v11.13.2020

It's been a while since I've updated the forums. I hadn't realized it has been this long. :confused: This is a great candidate for the next milestone in PC2 FFB development PopsRacer FFB v11.13.2020. You will feel accurate tire grip, tire flex, and connection to the pavement on this release. The full SETA physics tire model has been revealed and implemented to the FFB.

I hope you enjoy it!

PopsRacer

Read the rest of this update entry...

I found the old version (09.25.2020) better than the last one. 11.13.2020 is a good one, lot of details, but not very smooth on TS300. The old one works great on curbs, feedback is soft and fluid.

The current T300RS version has it's "issues". The T300 seems to need a lot more filtering to take away the SETA details even compared with the Logitech version, but I left the added filtering out in the current version just because I don't think the totally dialed version is ready. The dialing-in is in progress. Anyone w/ a T300RS that wants to be a tester and help please send me a private message with your email.... great feedback though!

Last edited:
It's alright on logitech g27 (settings 70 50 50 40), but a bit weird in where even braking far from lockup, when the weight shifts to the front wheels, I expect the steering to get tighter, but it gets looser?

How do the in game settings map to the effects. or should I edit the file preset?

It's alright on logitech g27 (settings 70 50 50 40), but a bit weird in where even braking far from lockup, when the weight shifts to the front wheels, I expect the steering to get tighter, but it gets looser?

How do the in game settings map to the effects. or should I edit the file preset?

I don't have a Logitech wheel, but I'm curious and have been experimenting with a ton of things. Why do you have your gain at 70?

Howdy Rob,
Why don't you start off fresh with, 100-50-0-0. Adjust your Volume on-the-fly per each different car (this is always the scenario on PC2). Once that is balanced, slowly raise the FX. I don't believe that would be up to 40 on a Logitech wheel, but your taste and wheel can be different. I also want to mention that you can only expect the G wheels to only pump out so much information before it can get distorted --- just saying. After that, the tone adjusts the engine FX. Again, the G wheels can only do so much and I think that seems a bit high for a G wheel.

Howdy Rob,
Why don't you start off fresh with, 100-50-0-0. Adjust your Volume on-the-fly per each different car (this is always the scenario on PC2). Once that is balanced, slowly raise the FX. I don't believe that would be up to 40 on a Logitech wheel, but your taste and wheel can be different. I also want to mention that you can only expect the G wheels to only pump out so much information before it can get distorted --- just saying. After that, the tone adjusts the engine FX. Again, the G wheels can only do so much and I think that seems a bit high for a G wheel.
I don't like too much force on the wheel... so I figured gain at 70 is better, plus it avoids clipping.

BTW is this supposed to simulate a loose wheel during understeer? Is that the tire scrub in the ini?
I could never get it in this game, but assetto corsa does it wonderfully.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 127 70.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 43 23.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 18.8%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 36 19.9%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 38 21.0%