PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Goonchy. In the rating comment yesterday you asked for my type of wheel. It's the TS-PC Racer. I did not use PC2 for a long time because of the lousy ffb but rediscovered it again after installing your excellent ffb file. Such a great simulator (not arcade imo!) and a shame SMS did not do it right back then. I mainly drive vintage cars that are very pure and I do have much more control and real feel now. Combined with VR, motion seat and tactile feedback it's a blast to use again and the ffb compares somewhat to R3E (my favorite sim). Thanks!

Arrowheadrock,
Thanks for the update on which wheelbase you're using. That will help others decide on which FFB to use and it helps me, direct people, to which FFB to recommend. Thank you!

On the counterpart to your re-discovery of PC2, I've recently discovered R3E and found that it has great FFB as well. It's nice to discover another sim that I like. It feels very close to PC2 (now w/ my PopsRacer). It's too soon to say, but it seems PC2 has a better feel of weight transfer, but both feel very natural and intuitive. On R3E I set the same buttons on my wheel to adjust for the FFB multiplier as with PC2's FFB volume. It's a real shame they didn't create a similar FFB from the get-go... So many amazing things about PC2 (3d trees w seasonal changes and the VR and motion and tactile and triple screen support.... sigh).... lol

Btw- I've also discovered the setup problems with curbing in PC2... It all points to the LSD settings (easy fix). Too bad Lando Norris in the Logitech McLaren G Challenge doesn't know that... lol

Happy racing... All the best!
Pops

#LandoNorris #logitechgchallenge #jardier

Last edited:
goonchy updated PopsRacer FFB with a new update entry:

PopsRacer V09.25.2020 LOGITECH

This is a community-driven version for Logitech Wheels. This has been adjusted to what racers have told me (I don't have a Logitech to test this out on) to be the best features of the newer and older version on PopsRacer FFB. This combines the original releases FFB w/enhanced curbing and engine FX. The default Logitech deadzone has been used to help streamline the experience for Logitech wheels. Adjust this to your wheels' needs.

Happy Racing!
PopsRacer

[URL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

goonchy updated PopsRacer FFB with a new update entry:

PopsRacer V09.25.2020 Thrustmaster T300RS

This is a community-driven version for Thrustmaster T300RS Wheels. This has been adjusted to what racers have told me (I don't have a T300RS to test this out on) to be the best features of the newer and older version on PopsRacer FFB. This combines a v08.26.2020 releases FFB w/enhanced curbing and engine FX. The default has been used to help streamline the experience for T300RS wheels. Adjust this to your wheels' needs.

Happy Racing!
PopsRacer

[URL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It pretty much feels the same just with less kerbs and bumps as expected, there is actualy still a very weak of track bump feeling. and brake loading of the front. so those are always present it seems just from the Fs and Ms code.
increasing am angle doesnt make a huge difference, just makes the wheel more vague .

It almost feels like the feel of the rear tyres sliding is the force pushing the self centering, as its constant in that moment rather than lessening when opening the steering ( countersteer)

Kuku Maddog,
I’ve been tweaking/playing w the new tire rack and there’s definitely something wrong w/ it where there’s something scaling inversely. I’ve found a link + - error transposed from an WMD error, but that’s not exactly the issue. I’ve spent some time tonight and have an idea on how to narrow it down, but what I feel In-game is when scrubbing in an understeer situation and the tires regain traction there’s too much grab and too much auto correction-snap coming from the FFB. I believe we are now talking about the same problems now. I was fixated and amazed by the tire flex, but I didn’t notice other problems. I was like a kid in the candy store.... lol Thank you for pointing that out! Let me know if you discover something... I’m off to bed.
Pops

GJDriessen,
Here's a link to the PopsRacer FFB v09.25.2020 - LOGITECH Edition. This has the root deadzone I used from the very beginning. Hopefully, that works for all. This includes the forces v06.15.2020 had plus the feel of the new curbs are there. I left out the flex tire model. Maybe I'll work that into the next update for LOGITECH users.

PopsRacer FFB v09.25.2020 - LOGITECH Edition:

Let me know how this feels for you. I still left some of the ZEN configurator to tweak things.

Pops

Thanks Pop, i will try it out now and revert!

So I have tried the new specific logitech version. First of all, the strenght of FFB is much stronger than the 6.15 version. As a result, clipping is much easier. In contrast the road/fx feel is much lighter (at the same settings). So unfortunately I still prefer the older version. I am sorry if this was not what you expected.

So I have tried the new specific logitech version. First of all, the strenght of FFB is much stronger than the 6.15 version. As a result, clipping is much easier. In contrast the road/fx feel is much lighter (at the same settings). So unfortunately I still prefer the older version. I am sorry if this was not what you expected.

No Worries. I need feedback to make it better.

Good Morning GJDriessen,
Since I don't have a Logitech wheel would you mind testing this updated version? I found a few things that could be the problem. I'm hoping this version gives you the same FFB & road feel that you like, but with added curbing. The engine FX is back to the original engine FX code. I'd like to rule out any other issues and start with that.

With logitech g27, I'm getting a rougher front end abs shake than in the previous version.
I don't mind vibration from abs but this feels like a way lower frequency jerk, than what abs would be doing.
Is there a way to adjust the frequency at which ABS vibrates?

With logitech g27, I'm getting a rougher front end abs shake than in the previous version.
I don't mind vibration from abs but this feels like a way lower frequency jerk, than what abs would be doing.
Is there a way to adjust the frequency at which ABS vibrates?

Which versions are you comparing to?

V09.25.2020 LOGITECH currently vs v09.20.2020

A few Logitech users have really liked v06.15.2020 and claim that FFB was the best out of any of my other versions on their wheels. I know I can't please everyone, but v09.25.2020 is my attempt to combine v06.15.2020 with some curb feel. Suggestions are welcome as I don't have a Logitech wheelbase anymore to do any testing.

I think you keep asking about ABS in everyone's FFB files... I don't know how to control that output separately. I've asked for community help on that, but have not received any help. I have noticed that each car w ABS outputs something different to the FFB system. If that shows up harsher on your wheel vs mine or on the cars you drive vs what I'm driving you may want to turn the ABS down in each cars setups.

One of my favorite cars I have put many virtual miles on is the McLaren GT3 in PC2. I do a LOT of FFB testing in that car as well. I don't think the ABS does anything weird on it that I'd recall vs the streetcars you've mentioned before.

Pops

constant rumbling from wheel on the first 2 cars i tested, ford falcon and loutus 98t I never had this effect happen , tried different settings, weaker ones etc and no change.

Would you mind trying v06.15.2020?... I’m considering buying the cheapest Logitech wheel that could compare. Would a Logitech Driving Force GT be good enough for testing?

Would you mind trying v06.15.2020?... I’m considering buying the cheapest Logitech wheel that could compare. Would a Logitech Driving Force GT be good enough for testing?
I'm not sure how they match.
Do you mean 9 15 because there is nothing before 7 30 in the history here.

I'm not sure how they match.
Do you mean 9 15 because there is nothing before 7 30 in the history here.

The link and history of changes are on the Overview page. v06.15.2020 was my original public release w/ about 5 other iterations. Here's a copy/paste of the link from the Overview page.

-----v06.15.2020----- Original release
DropBox link to the file is here (For belt driven and Direct Drive wheels):
https://dl.orangedox.com/HWvhCX
DropBox link to the same file, but with dead-zone tightening (Use on Logitech wheels and other gear driven wheels):
https://dl.orangedox.com/deadzone-tightened

is this good for tmx users?

I haven't had any feedback from TMX owners on this one. If you try it, I'd start the with the TONE and FX settings low; 0 or 5 and test each one higher and higher separately until you like it. I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by other Thrustmaster TMX owners as that is a unique wheelbase. Let me know what you like or dislike and I could try to modify things for that particular wheelbase if it isn't right.

Cheers!
Pops

Good Morning GJDriessen,
Since I don't have a Logitech wheel would you mind testing this updated version? I found a few things that could be the problem. I'm hoping this version gives you the same FFB & road feel that you like, but with added curbing. The engine FX is back to the original engine FX code. I'd like to rule out any other issues and start with that.

Hi. I've tested 9.30.2020 Logitech Edition on G27 and I think you're getting very close to nailing it, so well done! I tested with 911 GT3 R 24h at Bathurst and Brands, Formula A at Hockenhem, all assists off, deadzone/falloff 0.17/0.02. It's quite good and useable as is, but here's some specific feedback.

I ended up with in-game sliders at 80/30/10/30 and importantly there's a reasonable playable range for people to tweak those numbers to their liking. Getting the gain/volume balance right is to some extent user preference, but a gain of 100 does introduce a fair amount of clipping in FFB meter. In my testing a useable range for G27 users would be 60-90/20-40/0-20/20-40.

The difference/ratio between on-road bumpiness and hitting kerbs is still too mild, but I was able to adjust that by increasing kerb bump from 40 to 200 (and could be higher) and reducing road scale from 0.004 to 0.003. So perhaps kerb bump 'gain' (for want of a better term) needs to be increased by one or two orders of magnitude for Logitech?

It would be good to put back the scrub settings in the Zen sections (8) and (9) for people to adjust. I didn't have any problems with scrub/understeer/braking/abs vibrations. But putting the settings back would let people who don't like it so much reduce them. I guess they are exaggerated effects compared with real life, but i find them very useful for sim racing.

Finally, when you release your hands from the wheel on a straight the wheel does that weird pendulum thing swinging from side to side and shows almost a square curve on the FFB meter. Increasing the fx slider past 50 makes that pendulum effect much worse. But at 30 it was ok and not really a problem. It does it with your default file settings too. Do you know which part of the FFB causes that? If it doesn't throw out other effects, it would be ideal to eliminate/minimise it.

Thanks for all your work!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea