PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi. I've tested 9.30.2020 Logitech Edition on G27 and I think you're getting very close to nailing it, so well done! I tested with 911 GT3 R 24h at Bathurst and Brands, Formula A at Hockenhem, all assists off, deadzone/falloff 0.17/0.02. It's quite good and useable as is, but here's some specific feedback.

I ended up with in-game sliders at 80/30/10/30 and importantly there's a reasonable playable range for people to tweak those numbers to their liking. Getting the gain/volume balance right is to some extent user preference, but a gain of 100 does introduce a fair amount of clipping in FFB meter. In my testing a useable range for G27 users would be 60-90/20-40/0-20/20-40.

The difference/ratio between on-road bumpiness and hitting kerbs is still too mild, but I was able to adjust that by increasing kerb bump from 40 to 200 (and could be higher) and reducing road scale from 0.004 to 0.003. So perhaps kerb bump 'gain' (for want of a better term) needs to be increased by one or two orders of magnitude for Logitech?

It would be good to put back the scrub settings in the Zen sections (8) and (9) for people to adjust. I didn't have any problems with scrub/understeer/braking/abs vibrations. But putting the settings back would let people who don't like it so much reduce them. I guess they are exaggerated effects compared with real life, but i find them very useful for sim racing.

Finally, when you release your hands from the wheel on a straight the wheel does that weird pendulum thing swinging from side to side and shows almost a square curve on the FFB meter. Increasing the fx slider past 50 makes that pendulum effect much worse. But at 30 it was ok and not really a problem. It does it with your default file settings too. Do you know which part of the FFB causes that? If it doesn't throw out other effects, it would be ideal to eliminate/minimise it.

Thanks for all your work!

Thanks for the feedback... your observations are really good. Yes when you set the gain down you are essentially preclipping the output. If that feels better on your wheel then that’s probably the best solution. Either way, the wheel can only output so much.

Wow! 400....

The pendulum is going to be strong on this version because of the exaggerated forces that had been given to v06.15.2020 and resurrected into the requested "Logitech" version. The oscillating wheel on straights happens on all versions, but are getting better when more balanced forces are used on the later version, not the Logitech version. You may want to test and tweak v09.20.2020 as a G29 user just emailed me telling me that is his preferred version over the Logitech version. Let me know if you work something out with that. That will be a lot more balanced in all regards. Not over-exaggerated, but a better simulation experience and not over-pushing you G wheel. Add your tweaks and let me know.

Best Regards,
Pops

Last edited:
Update:
Wow! There’s been so much FFB detail lost with just using the basic rack model. Because of the added detail this is the first time I’ve turned the in-game FX down. The road detail is now incredible! The curb detail+FX is at another level. The histogram is going wild! All the details are coming across so much more crisper and faster. The wheel response has been incredibly fast but the wheel response and clarity is even less sluggish. The underlying physics and SETA tire model is incredible! It just needed help conveying that to our wheel. This will really help us feel even more connected to the road!

I’ve been testing so many different scenarios on balancing the tires to allow for a balanced feel and I stumbled upon the simplest solution. In engineering terms that is usually the correct solution. As it turns out the tire model is already incredibly balanced! Everything else that is properly scaled in the FFB, so far, has felt great, right? The key has been finding out why the oversteer/understeer snap in the added tire model has been so severe. I have a few more nights of testing, but I’m really close. Coffee backers will get the first update. Again all coffee backers donations for 2020 will be going to help researchers fight childhood cancer. I can’t think of a more worthy cause... thank you all!

Btw - I’ve never ran out of so much virtual race fuel. In testing I’ve re-routed the sliders in the game to adjust multiple tire force variables. While doing lap after laps I’ve have ran out of fuel testing and refining the tires so many times. It’s actually been a lot of fun!... and now I’m down to one last scenario, I hope!

Pops

I wish I could copy

I just got automobilista 2 which is based on the pc2 engine, and the default FFB is hands down better. Any ideas on how to clone their setup? I would like to try and find something that helps pc2

What do you mean, by cloning their setup? Do you mean coping their FFB into PC2?

I'm sure it is possible, but I wouldn't know how to do that.
Too bad the cars themselves aren't realistic feeling. For example. Ultima GTR street, even with full TC will snap easily and you feel like you're driving a drifter car. Dissapointing, because even powerful cars in PC2 had a more realistic response. I have more fun with PC2 and Assetto Corsa than AMS1 or 2.

Too bad the cars themselves aren't realistic feeling. For example. Ultima GTR street, even with full TC will snap easily and you feel like you're driving a drifter car. Dissapointing, because even powerful cars in PC2 had a more realistic response. I have more fun with PC2 and Assetto Corsa than AMS1 or 2.

I'm hoping they get the GT4's and GT3's suspensions correct out-of-the-box. I still drive and compare the legendary BMW Procar in AMS2 to PC2.

Coffee backers should receive an email with the latest file PopsRacer FFB v10.11.2020. This includes the amazing SETA tire model in-full-effect. If you are a coffee backer and haven't received my email please message me here.

Happy Sim Racing!
PopsRacer

Coffee backers should receive an email with the latest file PopsRacer FFB v10.11.2020. This includes the amazing SETA tire model in-full-effect. If you are a coffee backer and haven't received my email please message me here.

Happy Sim Racing!
PopsRacer
Can I just ask if there will be a version for the T300RS. Thanks

I've already been asked that, but yes of course there will be. I just need to get feedback from the T300RS users and I will make a special version for the T300RS users.

A donation of a T300RS for testing would alleviate that step. ;)

Pops

Last edited:

I've had a few requests for updating the T300RS version to the latest. The special Thrustmaster T300RS version has been sent to coffee backers; PopsRacer FFB v10.11.2020 - T300RS. This includes all the new improvements of the amazing new tire rack, updated deadzone fix... Thanks again!
Pops

Thanks for the update Goonchy. I tried de 300 file with my TS PC racer and noticed that the steering is pulled to the left a bit on the straights...
I did not spend much time because my wife called me for coffee but the road feel seemed to be increased a little. Will try out more later..
Cheers

Thanks for the update Goonchy. I tried de 300 file with my TS PC racer and noticed that the steering is pulled to the left a bit on the straights...
I did not spend much time because my wife called me for coffee but the road feel seemed to be increased a little. Will try out more later..
Cheers

Coffee with the wife is much more important! ;) Afterwards, try downloading the file again. At the beginning of the file it should read:
PopsRacerFFB v.10.11.2020 - T300RS V2 Edition SETA TIRE RACK + ZEN easy 1-2-3

The V2 will be the updated version I just re-saved. There was some leftover scrubbing code from the mid-high-end wheel version. That may or may not be your issue, but its best to be sure. With the TSPC racer you may want to test the mid-to-high end version as well to see what feels the best.

Can't wait to see what you think.

Pops

Cheers
Yes a similar quick test , I was getting the same, but sounds like it was a typo.
the wheel had a bit more weight to it than original seta. which is good.

I recommend changing the DZ half ( fall off) from 0.005 to 0.001
as I think the fall off is too fast leaving some free play .
fall off of one tenth of tightning has been preferred by many experts.

Yes a similar quick test , I was getting the same, but sounds like it was a typo.
the wheel had a bit more weight to it than original seta. which is good.

I recommend changing the DZ half ( fall off) from 0.005 to 0.001
as I think the fall off is too fast leaving some free play .
fall off of one tenth of tightning has been preferred by many experts.

Just want to be sure for the T300 users, was that testing the updated file as the deadzone has a new implementation in the v10.11.2020 files?

Thanks!

Just want to be sure for the T300 users, was that testing the updated file as the deadzone has a new implementation in the v10.11.2020 files?

Thanks!
i only had time to test this once on the first Seta T300 edition.
but feel it’s probably just a fundamental thing that would apply well to all

I haven’t yet made any conclusions on the Seta files as need to do more testing.
there’s gold in there, but the brake issues are something i’m still unsure about. on one hand the brake feedback is awesome on some cars but too much on others.
so more testing ahead for me when home.
increasing jrkcnr values seem to balance the feeling a bit in preliminary testing, but then in T300 v1 it was perhaps better even at default.

one nasty car to try is the bmw M3 GT4 on the nasty knockhill reverse. it’s very bumpy in brake zone so really chuck’s worst case scenario at you. quite violent.

this testing is with aids off .

but as i said i need to test more before getting carried away with changing things.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.