PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
I tried v09.16.202 and v09.20.2020, but I still think v08.26.2020 is the best for T300RS (as well as the previous version).

andrea1978,
Try this slightly tweaked file v09.23.2020. Besides the tire model, the engine FX, and new scrubbing FX this should match with v08.26.2020 pretty closely. I mostly just changed the configurator features. Please note that I have not tested this on PC2 and just used a file comparison, comparing v08.26.2020 and v09.20.20, and tweaked it to the new DL linke. Hopefully, we can get things back to your liking with the additional improvements.

Thanks for the feedback!
Pops

And you are using the v06.15.2020 w a logitech? Wow! sounds like I should make a separate version just for Logitech users....
After testing several recent versions I also find v6.15.2020 is still best for G27.

Regarding v9.20.2020, all the configurable options are great to play with, but even at strongest settings I need to manually boost several variables by doubling or tripling them just to get mild-moderate effects in game. Though this also created some odd wheel feeling and wrecks the balance between forces so it's not really a viable solution.

Also, the newer deadzone code still doesn't work well. So for G27 users I suggest replacing it with the standard "(output (tighten output 0.xx 0.xx))" which works fine.

Thanks for all your work!

After testing several recent versions I also find v6.15.2020 is still best for G27.

Regarding v9.20.2020, all the configurable options are great to play with, but even at strongest settings I need to manually boost several variables by doubling or tripling them just to get mild-moderate effects in game. Though this also created some odd wheel feeling and wrecks the balance between forces so it's not really a viable solution.

Also, the newer deadzone code still doesn't work well. So for G27 users I suggest replacing it with the standard "(output (tighten output 0.xx 0.xx))" which works fine.

Karmic Kid,
I do realize the deadzone fix doesn't help Logitech users. If anyone knows how to do this unoiversaly please help. Otherwise, you'll just need to change it manually.

I'm thinking of buying a Logitech wheel to see what's-what with the FFB, but before I do what is missing or lacking in v06.15.2020 that I can try tweaking or adding before-hand? Is that version the prefered FFB amongst all the rest on a Logitech?

Thanks for v.09.23.2020. However, it is still very different from v.08, they seem totally different FFB. I still prefer v.08, I've got a better road feeling, even if passing over curbs is better in v09 (v.08 too much strong).

For t300rs, the best will be to have the v.08 with v.09 curbs, or to know how to edit to make the curbs softer.

Last edited:
Thanks for v.09.23.2020. However, it is still very different from v.08, they seem totally different FFB. I still prefer v.08, I've got a better road feeling, even if passing over curbs is better in v09 (v.08 too much strong).

For t300rs, the best will be to have the v.08 with v.09 curbs, or to know how to edit to make the curbs softer.

Fantastic feedback Andrea! It sounds like a separate T300RS FFB in the making... Let me run down a few questions. I think I know the answer to some of these, but I'm an engineer and need specifics. ;)

Is scrubbing better in v08.26.2020 or v09.23.2020?
Are the curbs better in v08.26.2020 or v09.23.2020?
What about the engine FX in v08.26.2020 or v09.23.2020?
Road feel in v08.26.2020 or v09.23.2020?
Does the deadzone fix work for the T300RS?

I'm assuming v08.26.2060 was the latest and the best of the v08 FFB's, but that's a guess. Let me know if that's the one I should compare and tweak and improve on for Thrustmaster users.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Pops

BTW- If the Logitech users want to answer the above questions compiling their favorite FFB (v06.15.2020) for the Logitech FFB and what should the other FX feel like in their separate file.

Better in v08.26.2020 (the best for t300rs compared to v06-v07 and v09):
- scrubbing
- road feel
- weight of wheel
- mass movement

Better in v09.20.2020:
- curbs
- engine fx

Deadzone is ok.

Thank you for your efforts.

Last edited:
Better in v08.26.2020 (the best for t300rs compared to v06-v07 and v09):
- scrubbing
- road feel
- weight of wheel
- mass movement

Better in v09.20.2020:
- curbs
- engine fx

Deadzone is ok.

Thank you for your efforts.

Andrea,
Here's a link to the PopsRacer FFB v09.25.2020 - T300RS Edition. I would have added the deadzone number into the file, but I don't know what the actual DZ value is. Let me know what that is and I'll update the file for others. This FFB should be a combination of v09.20.2020 and v08.26.2020.... I left out the flex tire model. Maybe I'll work that into the next update for T300RS users.

PopsRacer FFB v09.25.2020 - T300RS Edition:

Let me know how this feels for you. I still left some of the ZEN configurator to tweak things.

Pops

Last edited:
yes a G29, perhaps you should :)

GJDriessen,
Here's a link to the PopsRacer FFB v09.25.2020 - LOGITECH Edition. This has the root deadzone I used from the very beginning. Hopefully, that works for all. This includes the forces v06.15.2020 had plus the feel of the new curbs are there. I left out the flex tire model. Maybe I'll work that into the next update for LOGITECH users.

PopsRacer FFB v09.25.2020 - LOGITECH Edition:

Let me know how this feels for you. I still left some of the ZEN configurator to tweak things.

Pops

Last edited:

See the above post for the updated LOGITECH Edition. Hope this made your drive better... Feedback is always helpful!

Pops

Here is a great tool for working out dead zone, it’s from pc1 days, so scoop and knee isn’t something a lot of custom files use, but I’ve seen some.
the tool has a built in wheel check that will show you your curve. My figure was nothing like what I thought it would be. Then you just need to work out the falloff but more or less 1/10th should be a good starting point.
my t300 has a figure around 9-11 removal depending on if I input log files manually

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-Values-Google-Sheet-amp-FCM-Universal/page57

Andrea,
Here's a link to the PopsRacer FFB v09.25.2020 - T300RS Edition. I would have added the deadzone number into the file, but I don't know what the actual DZ value is. Let me know what that is and I'll update the file for others. This FFB should be a combination of v09.20.2020 and v08.26.2020.... I left out the flex tire model. Maybe I'll work that into the next update for T300RS users.

PopsRacer FFB v09.25.2020 - T300RS Edition:

Pops

This feels better to me than with the tire feel.
Ive been doing some experimenting with it, and have started to configure it to feel the way i want with a standard baseline using Tone = 0 and Fx = 0
I still feel the effects just without amplification which gives me a consistent level that isn't subject to variables of sliders.
Need to keep working on it, im just struggling to eliminate a certain feeling that feels overpowering when oversteering. its like a inverted force or something. the strongest force of the file is pushing against counter steering and its out of balance in terms of strength of normal load.

This feels better to me than with the tire feel.
Ive been doing some experimenting with it, and have started to configure it to feel the way i want with a standard baseline using Tone = 0 and Fx = 0
I still feel the effects just without amplification which gives me a consistent level that isn't subject to variables of sliders.
Need to keep working on it, im just struggling to eliminate a certain feeling that feels overpowering when oversteering. its like a inverted force or something. the strongest force of the file is pushing against counter steering and its out of balance in terms of strength of normal load.

Kuku Maddog,
I made a stripped-down file for yours or anyone's experimentation; there is no FX now. I experienced a wheel lock after my car spun-out even after I stripped all the FX out. I haven't felt that in a long long long time. After that, I took one more bit of code left from other modders and I didn't find any wheel lock. I also moved the angle arm code to where it was supposed to be, again leftover from other modders or maybe it was my error. If you change the arm_angle you should feel a difference now. If you still find too much oversteer force try increasing the angle instead of decreasing as you had done in the past. Decreasing the angle adds more of an abrupt oversteer force and it also tightens the range at which we'd feel the tire slip before scrubbing. In my very limited testing on this file, I haven't tried increasing it above 15 degs. If I recall this correctly you should be able to increase this up to 45 deg.

Let me know what you find...

Btw- What code are you adding for the Deadzone after running the test on your wheel.... "scoop and knee" bit of code? I should add that for the next T300RS file. It seems making it a default file helps everyone out per-wheelbase.

Thanks again!
Pops

Kuku Maddog,
I made a stripped-down file for yours or anyone's experimentation; there is no FX now. I experienced a wheel lock after my car spun-out even after I stripped all the FX out. I haven't felt that in a long long long time. After that, I took one more bit of code left from other modders and I didn't find any wheel lock. I also moved the angle arm code to where it was supposed to be, again leftover from other modders or maybe it was my error. If you change the arm_angle you should feel a difference now. If you still find too much oversteer force try increasing the angle instead of decreasing as you had done in the past. Decreasing the angle adds more of an abrupt oversteer force and it also tightens the range at which we'd feel the tire slip before scrubbing. In my very limited testing on this file, I haven't tried increasing it above 15 degs. If I recall this correctly you should be able to increase this up to 45 deg.

Let me know what you find...

Btw- What code are you adding for the Deadzone after running the test on your wheel.... "scoop and knee" bit of code? I should add that for the next T300RS file. It seems making it a default file helps everyone out per-wheelbase.

Thanks again!
Pops

Im not sure what you mean by no FX ?
Ive only been running arm angle of 15.0 with it, so fairly standard.
I found the file easy to make smooth and found it still gave good feedback even with FX slider on zero. then i could just balance the kerbs and bumps to a standard. starting from that low level.
The oversteer is like a heavy and powerful self centering of wheel, which i have to manhandle when making small left and right corrections while catching oversteer.
This force isnt unexpected as most files do this but its just stronger on this, and stronger than the overall weight of wheel per volume setting.
Ive tried almost every possible change in values to functions like Jrk and scrub, and haven't found anything that makes a impact on it. and oddly didnt notice significant changes overall .
I even tried to introduce the negative Moments in scales that Christiaan is using now.
its just got me stumped.

apart rom that ive got it feeling pretty good, and more accurate deadzone settings help too
I just replaced the Deadzone system with the standard formula using numbers generated by my wheel, and after lots of research of old an very long posts from PC1 forum.

#Deadzone Removal as pCARS 1 - deadzone/fall off - Thanks Pinkinatra

(output (tighten output 0.11 0.01))

Every wheel is different , and this is only a "in the window" setting for most T300s etc.

Im not sure what you mean by no FX ?
Ive only been running arm angle of 15.0 with it, so fairly standard.
I found the file easy to make smooth and found it still gave good feedback even with FX slider on zero. then i could just balance the kerbs and bumps to a standard. starting from that low level.
The oversteer is like a heavy and powerful self centering of wheel, which i have to manhandle when making small left and right corrections while catching oversteer.
This force isnt unexpected as most files do this but its just stronger on this, and stronger than the overall weight of wheel per volume setting.
Ive tried almost every possible change in values to functions like Jrk and scrub, and haven't found anything that makes a impact on it. and oddly didnt notice significant changes overall .
I even tried to introduce the negative Moments in scales that Christiaan is using now.
its just got me stumped.

apart rom that ive got it feeling pretty good, and more accurate deadzone settings help too
I just replaced the Deadzone system with the standard formula using numbers generated by my wheel, and after lots of research of old an very long posts from PC1 forum.

#Deadzone Removal as pCARS 1 - deadzone/fall off - Thanks Pinkinatra

(output (tighten output 0.11 0.01))

Every wheel is different , and this is only a "in the window" setting for most T300s etc.

Here's the DL link again.

This has no added FX - so no jrk or scrub settings. Try this for the oversteer issue. It has no added fluff other then
Low-Speed Filter Out. If you want, try this at the normal 15 deg and after that test 25 deg up to 45 deg. It seems like the t300rs might give some overly strong forces. Just want to rule anything else out.

All the best,
Pops

Here's the DL link again.

This has no added FX - so no jrk or scrub settings. Try this for the oversteer issue. It has no added fluff other then
Low-Speed Filter Out. If you want, try this at the normal 15 deg and after that test 25 deg up to 45 deg. It seems like the t300rs might give some overly strong forces. Just want to rule anything else out.

All the best,
Pops

It pretty much feels the same just with less kerbs and bumps as expected, there is actualy still a very weak of track bump feeling. and brake loading of the front. so those are always present it seems just from the Fs and Ms code.
increasing am angle doesnt make a huge difference, just makes the wheel more vague .

It almost feels like the feel of the rear tyres sliding is the force pushing the self centering, as its constant in that moment rather than lessening when opening the steering ( countersteer)

Hi Goonchy. In the rating comment yesterday you asked for my type of wheel. It's the TS-PC Racer. I did not use PC2 for a long time because of the lousy ffb but rediscovered it again after installing your excellent ffb file. Such a great simulator (not arcade imo!) and a shame SMS did not do it right back then. I mainly drive vintage cars that are very pure and I do have much more control and real feel now. Combined with VR, motion seat and tactile feedback it's a blast to use again and the ffb compares somewhat to R3E (my favorite sim). Thanks!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%