PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks @goonchy ! I really like the file. However, with formula cars I experience clipping with 100 gain and 50 volume on a G29. You suggest to lower volume in that case, but then the wheel becomes very light on straights and slower corners. Would it be good to lower gain instead of volume to keep a more heavier wheel and avoid clipping at the same time?

The general deadzones settings had a little to none effect here so I for one recommend the very first version " --v06.15.2020--". Tried each following version but none of them offers such clear n crisp FFB. All Logitech wheels deliver a way crisper - rougher feedback compared to Thrustmasters and the default Pcars2 ffb turns my G29 into a T 300 RS GT which I don't like.
It's all about personal preference n taste, keep that in mind. But trying goonchy's first (oldest) version for Logitech users is my tip.

Thanks again goonchy

All COFFEE donations for 2020 will be given to help fight childhood cancer along with mine and my family's personal donation to this cause. This will be through Alex's Lemonade Stand as brought to all sim racers' attention by MoonieGT. Please follow his YouTube channel at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ZlITZJ35E-3_ZraGOYR2A

A live fundraiser will be held on 09-19-2020 (This Saturday). Please donate directly or through my link. If you donate directly to Alexa's Lemonade Stand just message me with your email and you will be a coffee donator and receive the latest updates before the forum post. There is a new update to coffee donators coming VERY soon.

Date: September 19th
Time: 9AM CDT to 9PM CDT

Link to the stream:

Link to MoonieGT's page on Alex's page: https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/2218128

Link to MoonieGT's Tiltify page: https://tiltify.com/@mooniegtracer/racing-for-research

Link to MoonieGT's Tilitify donation page: https://donate.tiltify.com/@mooniegtracer/racing-for-research

Link to MoonieGT's Teespring Charity Shirt page: https://teespring.com/racing-for-research?pid=2&cid=2122

Link to MoonieGT's Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonieGTRacer

Thank you!
PopsRacer[/B]

Attachments

• Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.PNG
    Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
goonchy updated PopsRacer FFB with a new update entry:

V09.16.2020 - Zen 1-2-3

New FFB has been released. Thanks to feedback from Coffee supporters for feedback. Special thanks to Karsten Hvidberg for programming feedback on user configs... Zen 1, 2, 3.

----v09.16.202---- Scaled Output down to 1.0, speed enhanced scrubbing, speed enhanced curbs, ZEN 1-2-3 (user choice selectable).

Zen #2 is included in this download. Change the ZEN variable in the FFB TXT file to a higher output #1...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just to be sure in case of a G29

#####################################################
(DEADZONE 16.0) ### <---CHANGE THIS HERE - DEADZONE % PERCENTAGE OF YOUR WHEELBASE

..it has to be like this?

Or

(DEADZONE 16.0) ###DEADZONE 16.0 <---CHANGE THIS HERE - DEADZONE % PERCENTAGE OF YOUR WHEELBASE

this?

Just to be sure in case of a G29

(DEADZONE 16.0) ### <---CHANGE THIS HERE - DEADZONE % PERCENTAGE OF YOUR WHEELBASE

..it has to be like this?

Or

(DEADZONE 16.0) ###DEADZONE 16.0 <---CHANGE THIS HERE - DEADZONE % PERCENTAGE OF YOUR WHEELBASE

this?

In your example either way would work because you changed the variable in each example, but your first entry would be the way I'd have changed it. FYI - Everything after a # symbol is ignored by the game. The hash symbol allows programmers to adds notes or comments to help make sense of things after a long weekend. ;)

Thanks for asking... I hope you enjoy

1600350002843.png

Here's what I find, there's no change of effects whether it's the recommended 16.0 or 6.0 or 86.0 DEADZONE.
So Your version 6.15.20 offers the most crisp n clear ffb by far still for a G29

Here's what I find, there's no change of effects whether it's the recommended 16.0 or 6.0 or 86.0 DEADZONE.
So Your version 6.15.20 offers the most crisp n clear ffb by far still for a G29

Yes, that would be accurate (crisp n clear FFB). v6.15.20 is more of a pure version of FFB and was my first take on what the FFB could be. Everything after that had improved on curbing, road feel, scrubbing, etc. Improved for my liking and how it feels on my wheelbase.... Thank you for the feedback. I sure wish I still had my G27 to test my FFB files on different wheels. I really wish I had a few different wheelbase to do that!

Btw- On my latest version v09.16.2020 have you had a chance to try the ZEN #3 option? This would have a lighter FX feel altogether which some G wheel users have preferred.

Hi, thanks for all your work! The idea of including 'Zen' options to allow easy switching/testing is fabulous! Some feedback from a G27 user. Testing on Bathurst with Porsche 911 GT3 R 24h. Using Zen 1.

As mentioned by someone else, the deadzone code doesn't make any noticeable difference, regardless of value. If I blank out that code and replace it with the standard "(output (tighten output 0.xx 0.xx))" it works again and feels better. Perhaps the code you're using doesn't work as well for older gear driven wheels? Btw I use 0.17/0.02 based on Wheelcheck/FCM. I also tested adding in standard scoop variables, but that's probably too much hassle for most people and is highly sensitve to driver damping settings, at least on my wheel.

I also don't notice any difference using the tone slider, which I believe you've mapped to engine vibration. This could be related to the next point.

Overall the driving FFB and effects FFB are quite muted on my G27 (using logitech driver defaults with 860 wheel range). I need to crank the game sliders up crazy high (100/70/100/100) to get enough strength and definition, but then they clip. This isn't just with your file, I experience this with most of the custom FFB files like Silver and Christiaan etc so I'm sure it's just showing the deficiencies of older gear driven wheels. The only custom file that seems dialled up enough for my G27 out of the box (using my tighten output values) is Hugo's.

I then manually increased the Zen 1 variables and it seemed to help, but I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing. It would be much appreciated if you could add some text to show what each Zen variable does and what the safe range is to manually adjust it.

Actually, it would be great to add a 'Zen G' (for old Gear driven wheels) which bumps up the Zen variables A LOT but in a balanced way (which is beyond my skill) to increase both signal strength and definition/sharpness. Thanks again.

Last edited:
As mentioned by someone else, the deadzone code doesn't make any noticeable difference, regardless of value. If I blank out that code and replace it with the standard "(output (tighten output 0.xx 0.xx))" it works again and feels better. Perhaps the code you're using doesn't work as well for older gear driven wheels? Btw I use 0.17/0.02 based on Wheelcheck/FCM. I also tested adding in standard scoop variables, but that's probably too much hassle for most people and is highly sensitve to driver damping settings, at least on my wheel.

Overall the driving FFB and effects FFB are quite muted on my G27 (using logitech driver defaults with 860 wheel range). I need to crank the game sliders up crazy high (100/70/100/100) to get enough strength and definition, but then they clip. This isn't just with your file, I experience this with most of the custom FFB files like Silver and Christiaan etc so I'm sure it's just showing the deficiencies of older gear driven wheels. The only custom file that seems dialled up enough for my G27 out of the box (using my tighten output values) is Hugo's.

Thanks for all that great feedback! It sounds like the Logitech wheels are really different all-together (of course they are really different). Since I don't currently have one anymore I'm relying on awesome feedback like your and others. User Raf Nix mentioned that PopsRacer FFB --v06.15.2020-- feels great on his G29. It is missing added FX but if the main feel is there I can improve on the FX separately. It might be possible that it could be pushing the G series wheels to what they can do, but the --v06.15.2020-- version is a more pure feedback method. Newer methods on mine added more FX and smoothened a lot of things out for the remainder of the wheelbase users. If you have a chance please test drive that FFB and leave comments. If all wheelbases where the same it would be a lot simpler to satisfy everyone tastes. I am finding out that the wheelbases are a weird part of the equation.

As far as the Deadzone in my more recent files, your manual input of deadzone would give your wheel a longer fall-off range. My deadzone would create a deadzone of 0.17/0.085 if entering 17%. vs your manually entered 0.17/0.02. So at least that makes perfect sense.

Thanks a gain!
PopsRacer

I use a T300RS and I really like the v.7 and v8. However, v.9 is totally different (e.g. very light wheel, a general behavior more similar to Christiaans Pure) and I don't know if this result is desired or it is a side effect due to the fact that this ffb was designed using a different wheel from the t300rs.

Thanks for your effort in trying to improve this ffb, but I roll back to v.8.

I use a T300RS and I really like the v.7 and v8. However, v.9 is totally different (e.g. very light wheel, a general behavior more similar to Christiaans Pure) and I don't know if this result is desired or it is a side effect due to the fact that this ffb was designed using a different wheel from the t300rs.

Thanks for your effort in trying to improve this ffb, but I roll back to v.8.

Lighter, yes. Very true... I'm not intentionally trying to be like Christiaans. I haven't tried his later files, but he's a very smart and talented modder and really knows what he's doing... I probably should check his FFB's out.

My intention of reducing the output scale was to use the entire range of the VOLUME. The previous-in-file output scales were 1.5x to 2.0x. The latest FFB file v09.16.202 was scaled down to 1.0x. This may have been the wrong direction on some wheelbase, but on all the cars I drove w/ the scale setting I never maxed Volume out to 100. My Gain is 100, Volume (ranges), Tone 0-30 (engine), FX 30.... These seetings for me have always been the same on all my FFBS. I adjust the Volume on each car I drive through assigned buttons on my wheel rim. Please let me know if you are maxing the in-game Volume out on the T300RS. Please remember it is just a scaled number.

BTW- I've also made some really great discoveries on the tire model that isn't being implemented in anyone's FFB. This increases the FFB force and the feel of the tire model/flex through the wheel is AMAZING!!! I can't believe this has been missed all these years. <mind blown>!... With the tire model implemented in the FFB and the output scale set to 1.0 the FFB is stronger again.... Lots more to discover and play with. ;)

I don't change my setting since v.7: 100-50-50-50.

BTW- I've also made some really great discoveries on the tire model that isn't being implemented in anyone's FFB. This increases the FFB force and the feel of the tire model/flex through the wheel is AMAZING!!!

It seems great! Will we see these improvement in the next version?

I don't change my setting since v.7: 100-50-50-50.

It seems great! Will we see these improvements in the next version?

My fingers and toes are crossed that I can take away some of the quirks it adds. I always do my best....

Please let me know what your in-game-volume settings are w/ v09.16.2020 and which car you are driving. That will help me know if I need to scale the volume up for at least some of the user base.

All the best!

Stock setting for T300, in-game volume is 50. I'm driving LMP1 and LMP2. E.g. Ligier JS P2 is known as a very heavy feeling car with stock setup, but with v.9 you can turn with a finger. LMP1, that are normally light on wheel, become too sensitive.

However, I appreciate your work, the best ffb.

Thanks for all that great feedback! It sounds like the Logitech wheels are really different all-together (of course they are really different). Since I don't currently have one anymore I'm relying on awesome feedback like your and others. User Raf Nix mentioned that PopsRacer FFB --v06.15.2020-- feels great on his G29. It is missing added FX but if the main feel is there I can improve on the FX separately. It might be possible that it could be pushing the G series wheels to what they can do, but the --v06.15.2020-- version is a more pure feedback method. Newer methods on mine added more FX and smoothened a lot of things out for the remainder of the wheelbase users. If you have a chance please test drive that FFB and leave comments. If all wheelbases where the same it would be a lot simpler to satisfy everyone tastes. I am finding out that the wheelbases are a weird part of the equation.

As far as the Deadzone in my more recent files, your manual input of deadzone would give your wheel a longer fall-off range. My deadzone would create a deadzone of 0.17/0.085 if entering 17%. vs your manually entered 0.17/0.02. So at least that makes perfect sense.

Thanks a gain!
PopsRacer
I tested v6.15.2020 and can confirm that it's quite good for the crude prehistoric gears of a G27 (hooray!) and much better than the newer versions which are far too soft/smoothed for it. I began with game sliders at your suggested values, and ended up at 90/30/15/60.

I'd like to adjust the ratios between some of the effects though. Overall wheel feeling/turning/weight is good. Road noise is good (ie. bumpiness when driving in middle of road). Braking jolt is good. But kerbs/grass are much too soft (ie. transition from road to kerb to grass is much too mild), and tyre scrub is a bit too soft (ie. when turning sharply/understeering). Which variables would be best to adjust? Eg. I tried "Krb_bump_amp" to increase kerb feel but it seemed to increase the overall road bumpiness too much.

Also, at rest/very low speed there is very little feel. Ideally engine vibrations would remain and steering weight would be heavier. I tried blaniking out 'low speed smoothing' but that didn't do it.

Regarding deadzone function on v9.16.2020 not working, no it's not just about falloff as I tested that variable also, ie. I compared a) 17/falloff as calculated in file vs b) 17/0.02(full)/0.01(half) vs c) 17/0.02 using the 'standard' tighten output code. So I think there's something not working properly about the new deadzone function, or it's effect is being substantially reduced somehow, at least with a G27. Thanks.

goonchy updated PopsRacer FFB with a new update entry:

PopsRacer V09.20.2020 - New Tire forces and Custom Configurator

----v09.20.2020---- Lots of changes in this file. I'd say this is a major version change

https://dl.orangedox.com/0zf7RmH6yOV43qIWe7

GOOD NEWS:
This is a major release. This could very well include lots of bugs and errors, but I've put in another 20+ hours into this since the last release and wanted to get this out. This included two late night 2 am sleep deprived programming and testing expeditions. This release includes tire forces that have been ignored and lost from...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I don't mean to ignore some of your questions, but I've been working hard in my free time on this next update. It may or may not satisfy everyone's needs or questions. I believe it does point towards a better direction of this FFB. Feedback is welcome. Improvements at each of the ~11 variables can be tweaked or added too for the next versions. Let me know how your wheel and YOUR preferences feel to YOU. That is what matters.

Marketing Whooop! - Test drive the GT1 cars! They are so balanced and so ignored in the online races. The Panoz GT1 is amazing as well as the McLaren GT1. Set it up for your limits and your wheel's limits. Feel the engine rumble and scrub through the curves on your favorite track. Feel and break the limits! :)

Enjoy!
PopsRacer

Last edited:
ccurate (crisp n clear FFB). v6.15.20 is more of a pure version of FFB and was my first take on what the FFB could be. Everything after that had improved on curbing, road feel, scrubbing, etc. Improved for my liking and how it feels on my wheelbase.... Thank you for the feedback. I sure wish I still had my G27 to test my FFB files on diff

I have tried various versions, but I must admit I like this one the best. The road feel is great as well as the feeling when steering.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%