Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Which prompts the question: is that convertible / cabrio Testarossa available in AC?

In reality, only one factory-produced Testarossa Spyder was ever made, it was for Gianni Agnelli

Attachments

• ferrari-testarossa-spider.jpg
    ferrari-testarossa-spider.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Hope you're all doing well, thought I'd post a few screens of how things are developing...
Despite some computer issues throughout 2020 (soon to be sorted hopefully), this is what's been / being done.

Reworked both the North & South gas stations... With planning to help the AI Two-Way traffic smoothly transition on their loop back.
pacific_coast_gas_station_north.jpg

pacific_coast_gas_station_south.jpg

pacific_coast_kerbs.jpg

The AI now have crisp edges stopping them going into the oncoming lane, causing head-ons, and resulting in more CPU usage.
They work nearly flawlessly, due to Pacific Coast 'only' being 23km's...
Even without using AI Flood, it should be possible to run the full 49 AI. (just over 1 car per 1km) on mid range systems.
pacific_coast_ai_two_way.jpg

I'm also working my way along the full 23km's putting in pretty much all the pullover spots/turnouts... (around 60 real life turnouts)
Similar to the 100 or so turnouts along Angeles Crest in LA Canyons.
pacific_coast_turnouts.jpg

pretty_accurate.jpg

The mansion is also getting some renovation work done... Complete with... extra parking (for as many cars as AC can handle, around 50 - 60)
pacific_coast_mansion.jpg

Note: These screens are at various stages of the build process and there's plenty of things I won't be showing ;)

Last edited:
This map is amazing!! Although for some reason when im driving on this map my g29 wheel knocking non-stop. It usually runs very smoothly on other tracks
Hi, thanks... Glad you're liking it, even in it's current state.

The knocking should be noticeable around 1-2km either end... as the Assetto engine is 32bit (even if it runs on 64)... therefore the physics range is limited. If your wheel is knocking non-stop, possibly you have your feedback settings pretty high. I have a G29 (would rather have belt driven) but the feedback is fine after a km or so.

If you have 'road effect' pretty high, that can increase the knocking, as well as having minimum force too high, especially if using an LUT. Gear driven wheels have a problem in the centre where both gear mechanisms struggle.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend you check out LUT Generator (here on Race Department)
Especially if you have a wide dead zone.

I hope you're all doing well where you are, and staying safe!
Hopefully things are going in the right direction, but it's difficult to tell.

It's been a real challenge lately to get much time to work on Pacific Coast, last challenge was a water leak near the new system... I got it moved rather quickly :)

Here are some random screens, at different stages, using random filters/weather/time of day...

The gas stations are looking a little different now... The South has room for around 80 cars
pch_bro_station.jpg

pch_bro_station_parking.jpg

The ocean is looking a lot more.... Pacific :) - (CSP doesn't want to use normal maps atm)
pch_sunset.jpg

pch_mud_creek.jpg

pch_vette_a.jpg

Better road edge transition, room for improvement...
pch_nicer_edge_transition.jpg

The roads new specular map seems to work in most lighting conditions, so should hopefully work well for wet weather as well.
pch_night.jpg

Better terrain mask and detail textures, they still need more painting and blending.
But the brightness/saturation is pretty much there.
Meshes have been smoothed considerably, to the point some of Bens test foliage is floating :D
pch_distant_mountains.jpg
pch_diablo_b.jpg

pch_heli_view.jpg

The ffb roads will have a series of displacement maps applied, the road paint and edges will be a different surface, having slightly less grip.
pch_ffb_tenth_res.jpg

Thanks to the great support for LA Canyons, the new system is more powerful than I could have gone for otherwise. Therefore I can now go higher poly in one scene in 3DS Max. Cheers!
(LA Canyons had to be split into 10 x 20 million poly scenes)

The displacement maps will be applied to a 50 million poly mesh, (I probably won't show a wire for that, as it will be solid white!) then optimised back to a more reasonable 2-4m poly road (not rendered). The above mesh is around 1/10th of the polys.

Note that 7 of the above screens are the core track, with some road safety objects, and without any of @Ben O'Bro 's awesome foliage or further details.

Last edited:
Looks like a whole new track now, amazing!

Ah yes, that subtle different grip on the middle yellow line, loved that small detail back then.

I hope you will find some time to play when it's done, like old good days!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.