Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
The car is vibrating while standing still. Is that because the track is so large?

BTW, if you need more tree texture options, here is free 14GB pack, I found 2 links:

I used them in my track, there is plenty to choose from. All are 3D renders from several sides, and with different light setups. I found the C version to be the best.

I just rediscovered this mod after spending many hours in LA Canyons with friends.

Any plans to continue working on this? The road is great, just need those "little" details to make it more immersive. Definitely willing to pay for this as well :thumbsup:

Also as a California local, I'm down to help with whatever I can. GoPro video of the road? Photos of the road/scenery for textures?

Thanks Phoenix77!

The car is vibrating while standing still. Is that because the track is so large?

BTW, if you need more tree texture options, here is free 14GB pack, I found 2 links:

I used them in my track, there is plenty to choose from. All are 3D renders from several sides, and with different light setups. I found the C version to be the best.
Apologies for not seeing this comment earlier, my notifications went a little bit crazy with LA Canyons for a while :D

Yeah the car shaking is because the track is a few kms too large, I'll have a rethink for some additional layouts for the next version.

Thanks for sharing links to those tree resources, although I may have some awesome help in that area from @Ben O'Bro (aka Treegod)
Probably using LA Canyons Ponderosa Pines as a starting point... and possibly using more resources as 'only' 23kms gives way more options than the canyons, with much denser areas of foliage and details. I also have a far greater knowledge of textures, and have a pretty comprehensive set of U.S roadside assets... FAR better roadsigns and guardrails. The current 0.95 version is more like a 0.3 (I've learnt a few things thanks to LAC) :D

I just rediscovered this mod after spending many hours in LA Canyons with friends.

Any plans to continue working on this? The road is great, just need those "little" details to make it more immersive. Definitely willing to pay for this as well :thumbsup:

Also as a California local, I'm down to help with whatever I can. GoPro video of the road? Photos of the road/scenery for textures?

Thanks Phoenix77!
Thanks man, yeah this is being worked on now... starting with refining the terrain meshes. Already replaced the (0.95) textures with ones from LA Canyons (as a starting point, including terrain/road textures). After the terrain is sorted (normals/smoothing etc) then I will be applying my templates for road signs and guardrails/barricades etc. I can go far denser than the details in LA Canyons as it's a much smaller area, and half the terrain is effectively... ocean.

More details to follow in the coming weeks :)

meanwhile i started gathering ref pictures :whistling:

1590496102142.png

View attachment 386753

First of all, awesome job with this and LA Canyons. Got some serious old-school NFS vibes from them, just love it.
One question though, how do i get AI traffic to work? I installed the AI traffic add-on, select the proper track but the game crashes anyway after loading everything with the "Race Cancelled" prompt on CM...
Thanks, that's great... Glad you're getting the old-school NFS vibes... as that, and old-school Test Drive was what I was aiming for :)

Pacific Coast is getting a pretty much total overhaul in the coming weeks/months (depending on how 2020 goes, and how my PC behaves) so the AI lines will all need re-doing anyway, as I'll be re-doing all the Physical Road meshes. So I'll be looking into that later :)

Managed to get a bit of work done on Pacific Coast, despite 2020 doing it's thing! What a year!

This is all still really early. The currently available version is more like a 0.2 - 0.3.
All 23kms of road lines are now separate objects, as there is more scope for materials / textures / polys compared to LA Canyons. Around 200k polys have been optimised from the terrain/roads which will help give back to the resources budget, allowing for more details / performance.

pacific_various.jpg

Forget the 'old' trees in the above screens... I'll be ripping them out and burning them...
Sorry for any extra carbon emissions :D

I'll show more screens / info as this progress... Cheers!

Last edited:
Managed to get a bit of work done on Pacific Coast, despite 2020 doing it's thing! What a year!

This is all still really early. The currently available version is more like a 0.2 - 0.3.
All 23kms of road lines are now separate objects, as there is more scope for materials / textures / polys compared to LA Canyons. Around 200k polys have been optimised from the terrain/roads which will help give back to the resources budget, allowing for more details / performance.

View attachment 405121

Forget the 'old' trees in the above screens... I'll be ripping them out and burning them...
Sorry for any extra carbon emissions :D

I'll show more screens / info as this progress... Cheers!
Oh yes, this needs some love and glad it's finally receiving proper attention!

Oh yes, this needs some love and glad it's finally receiving proper attention!
Thanks mate, yeah the attention is long overdue... LAC went a little larger than I originally expected (In just about every single way). Thanks again for the awesome Firechief gas pumps for Pacific! And for all your & Jasons awesome cars!

So looking forward to this! Have spent more hours than I care to admit in LA Canyons, first the free version and then I needed more (and realized I should support people who do such great work), so I got the pay version as well. Thanks for making AC 10x better :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.