What is this?
This is a tool that produces an FFB lookup table for AC. It is used to (hopefully) correct the non-linear behavior of the motors located on our steering wheels.
This automated FFB LUT Generator for AC uses as input the csv file produced by WheelCheck.
How to use:
- Run WheelCheck
- "Max Count" should be at least 50 in box. Lower values work, but 50 or even 100 give better results.
- Select "Step Log 2 (linear force test)" and wait until the test stops.
- Extract LUTGenerator.zip you've just downloaded wherever you want and run LUTGenerator.exe
- Open the csv that was just generated by WheelCheck.
- Save the generated LUT in My Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ folder, eg myLUT.lut
- Open ff_post_process.ini located in My Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ and make sure the TYPE=LUT, ENABLED=1 and CURVE = Generated LUT filename
- MIN FORCE should be set to 0 in Assetto Corsa!!
After this, do not alter the FFB Strength in your wheel's profiler!! If you change the FFB Gain in your wheel's profiler, you should rerun wheelcheck+lutgenerator.
Step 7 clarification:
For example, if the file you produced with LUTGenerator is myLUT.lut, then this is how the ff_post_process.ini should look: