Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
No April fools joke mate :)

Thanks, very kind of you mate... I'm still motivated though... Driving the new roads, with new textures and curvier mountains is helping keep the motivation up...
Not to mention testing them in the awesome Vipers, Diablos, Caterhams, Mustangs.... .... .....

If you think the current roads are too wide... the narrower roads... lined up to a stupidly high res satellite image will be right up your street.
They have a much higher sense of speed... and danger is literally around each corner... The corners are reasonably familiar to 0.3... But some of them are changed quick a bit.

Not to mention negotiating these junctions...
junction_1.jpg

Angeles Crest (Hwy 2) - Angeles Forest Highway.

junction_2.jpg

Angeles Forest Highway - Big Tujunga Canyon Road.

junction_3.jpg

Angeles Forest Highway - Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road.

junction_4.jpg

Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road - Angeles Crest (Hwy 2).

junction_5.jpg

Angeles Crest (Hwy 2) - Mount Wilson Red Box Road.

This is the wrong thread for this... But whatever :D

How does one become a supporter
I haven't quite decided what qualifies as support, at the moment the extra roads are a big thank you to the few who have donated a coffee or two....

Because they are few, and because they really didn't have to do anything... and yet they still did, that makes them special, and I'd like to reward them back.
I really really appreciate the faith in my work, and that they appreciate the size of these projects :)

I Live 10 minutes away from Angeles crest highway and frequently ride my motorcycle on these roads you have modeled. I can't wait to try them out on AC and will let you know how accurate you were! Here's a video of me riding up there on youtube ;)

I Live 10 minutes away from Angeles crest highway and frequently ride my motorcycle on these roads you have modeled. I can't wait to try them out on AC and will let you know how accurate you were! Here's a video of me riding up there on youtube ;)
You're very lucky to live 10 minutes away from this epic road! Is that a normal 10 mins away... or 10 of your biking minutes :D
Really nice video mate :)
I'm aiming to get it as accurate as I can with the data I've got to work with... And there are obvious limitations with the amount and size of polys I can use to try and capture the amazing mountains and roads. But I'm happy with where it's going :)

btw there is a thread on here for the L.A Canyons project...
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/la-canyons.134910/
0.3 is downloadable now... although it's almost nothing like what the next update will bring to the table.
The next version will have more realistic road widths and a few other things.
Thanks for sharing the video mate. Feel free to share it in the Canyons thread...
I'm sure people who only follow that thread would love to see it :) :thumbsup:

And always ride safe mate! :cool:

These were created for LA Canyons... But after I get the next LAC update done...
These will be getting applied to Pacific :)
1 Material and 1 texture.... instead of the 20 odd materials that are currently used on 0.95
View attachment 256290
View attachment 256291

Along with these rails...
View attachment 256292
View attachment 256293
Greets. Do you use normal files as well for them?
Looks rather cool, whatever.
Something about release of next version and also maybe about LA Canyons?
Kind regards

Hi mate, yeah they'll be using normal maps... to give them a little bit of something ;)
signs_05.jpg

With the right sun angle the rivets glisten in the Californian sun :)
Also the signs are pretty much drawn up to proper MUTCD FHWA sizes...
(The Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices) (Federal Highway Administration)
Screenshot_bmw_1m_la_canyons_crop.jpg

So should be much more legible now!

If you mean a release date for either... I'm not quite sure atm... I've made guesses before so I've learnt not to do that now :D
LA Canyons... possibly in a week or two.. depending on available time... and if things play nicely.

But either way... I've learnt a ton of things that will make updating Pacific a lot easier... also after sorting out 150km's of road (300km's of road edge) Pacific Coast seems like a small track now :D

Work on LA Canyons is... in an around about way... also work on Pacific... So IMO it was really worth practicing my techniques on a track that didn't have a lot of kn5's to adjust (although with bridges, tunnel, dam, space telescopes)... LA Canyons is now approaching the same number of kn5's as Pacific now)

Last edited:
@Phoenix77 Greetings,
Any news relative this your "first" project?
LA Canyons - is wonderful.
Think, this one is worth to be completed. It's abandoned for this moment?
Will be good to know something..

Kind regards
LA Canyons just got a little larger than I originally thought it would... Pacific Coast 1.0 will be coming... Will be Vastly different (LA Canyons was a test at how much can be thrown at the AC engine). Imagine the sheer amount of objects in LA Canyons.... condensed into a 'tiny' 23km track.... and half of that terrain is the ocean :D

The current version of Pacific Coast is a 0.95..... ermmmm... consider it a 0.3 concept version compared to what it will be ;)

With massive help from the awesome @Ben O'Bro LA Canyons has pretty much reached my original vision. (limitations with the actual AC engine / hugeness of the area being the only limiting factor)
I see no reason why Pacific Coast won't meet the same level, or, with more resources to throw at a smaller area... Far, far exceed that. Ben and myself also have resources and assets all ready to go.

Once LA Canyons 1.2 is released... Pacific Coast will get a new lick of paint ;)

the_snake_05-jpg.225190
Please do mullholand drive, its full of racing history! with the crazy Porsche and crazy vette that raced in the 80s. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-...3-what-happened-mulholland-king-hill-rsr.html
Thanks, it's on my radar... and depending on available free time, (time is the enemy of all modders after all) This may get built at some point... I already have a High Res terrain mesh... Maybe something for the future. We shall see!
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-snake-mulholland-highway-malibu-assetto-corsa.144586/

LA Canyons just got a little larger than I originally thought it would... Pacific Coast 1.0 will be coming... Will be Vastly different (LA Canyons was a test at how much can be thrown at the AC engine). Imagine the sheer amount of objects in LA Canyons.... condensed into a 'tiny' 23km track.... and half of that terrain is the ocean :D

The current version of Pacific Coast is a 0.95..... ermmmm... consider it a 0.3 concept version compared to what it will be ;)

With massive help from the awesome @Ben O'Bro LA Canyons has pretty much reached my original vision. (limitations with the actual AC engine / hugeness of the area being the only limiting factor)
I see no reason why Pacific Coast won't meet the same level, or, with more resources to throw at a smaller area... Far, far exceed that. Ben and myself also have resources and assets all ready to go.

Once LA Canyons 1.2 is released... Pacific Coast will get a new lick of paint ;)

Thank you for all this. I spend a lot of time in your creations.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back