Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is it just me or the replay cam is broken?
I usually run the Northbound layout and it is as if the cam is out of sync. Can't really say about the rest of the layouts.
I remember ages ago when the track was WIP, it was fine but my guess is that when Phoenix updated the layout, he forgot about the replay cam, resulting in it being out of sync.
Redownloaded the latest version yesterday just in case mine was outdated but it's the same.
Interested in what others think

Last edited:
Apologies for the slow reply, time has been very limited for I don't know how long... to the point I almost forgot my login details :D

Holy crap the update pics look incredible, can't wait for your update to PCH! In the meantime I went for a drive on v0.95 and the ocean was completely missing, any idea what could be causing that? I vaguely remember one of the updates to CSP had better water shading and I'm wondering if that's affecting it.
Thanks, I can't what to get the update out as the improvements are vast... But that obviously depends on getting enough available time more than anything else.
Sorry I have no idea why the ocean has gone, as my files are pretty much ALL completely different. But my guess is something CSP config related. Maybe update the track config in CM?

Is it just me or the replay cam is broken?
I usually run the Northbound layout and it is as if the cam is out of sync. Can't really say about the rest of the layouts.
I remember ages ago when the track was WIP, it was fine but my guess is that when Phoenix updated the layout, he forgot about the replay cam, resulting in it being out of sync.
Redownloaded the latest version yesterday just in case mine was outdated but it's the same.
Interested in what others think
Not sure why any replay cams are out of sync, I'm still using them for test purposes... Somehow the older AI lines/cams are still working for me (they will need to be redone later for 0.99 as there's now a 5.2 million poly FFB hwy)
If cams are out of sync on the Two-Way Traffic layouts, that's because the AI line is double the length and in two directions. That's why cams for Two-Way traffic layouts (whatever the track) will likely never work well.

I'm slowly approaching 70 000 kms, a bit too busy lately and got some clutch problems on my pedals so I'm playing a bit less.
But being busy keeps me from getting too impatient about Pacific Coast, so its not that bad...

Last edited:
Some progress has been made in areas,
This is the 46 million polys before adding 24 displacement map variants.
pch_ffb.jpg

Optimised back to a still highly detailed 5.2 million polys... Assetto Corsa's physics / tyre model seems to like it. Normal road cars soak up most of the bumps, race cars bounce and skip quite a lot, but it adds to the immersion and sense of speed. The roads also have a slight crown (elevation increase in the centre, fading out to the edges) physically, and visually.

Visually the roads have multiple base materials, with addon cracks, road repairs, tar patches, and tyre groove layers. (These screens are pre-tree and require further adjustment)
pch_road_surfaces.jpg

pch_road_surfaces2.jpg

The mansion now has a multi-storey underground parking structure for plenty of cars...
With 70 pit boxes, depending on performance, this could easily be increased.
pch_underground.jpg

Further detailing and adjustments are needed, but it works well already.

I'm slowly approaching 70 000 kms, a bit too busy lately and got some clutch problems on my pedals so I'm playing a bit less.
But being busy keeps me from getting too impatient about Pacific Coast, so its not that bad...
That's heading towards the equivalent of driving twice around the Earth! That has to be a LA Canyons world distance record. Congratulations mate :) Hope you get your pedals sorted.

Not sure why any replay cams are out of sync, I'm still using them for test purposes... Somehow the older AI lines/cams are still working for me (they will need to be redone later for 0.99 as there's now a 5.2 million poly FFB hwy)
If cams are out of sync on the Two-Way Traffic layouts, that's because the AI line is double the length and in two directions. That's why cams for Two-Way traffic layouts (whatever the track) will likely never work well.

Thanks for your reply man.
I always run alone in Hotlap mode using the Northbound layout, I don't really use the two-way traffic layout but I guess it doesn't matter now after reading there's a 0.99 version coming so I'll be looking forward to that instead.
Cheers

Thanks, I can't what to get the update out as the improvements are vast... But that obviously depends on getting enough available time more than anything else.
Sorry I have no idea why the ocean has gone, as my files are pretty much ALL completely different. But my guess is something CSP config related. Maybe update the track config in CM?
Rather unsurprising it was a mix of "user error" and CSP, turns out in the latest SOL/CSP combo the "haze" effect for whatever reason made the water completely invisible (and for what it's worth, I don't like the new haze effect as much as the old one).

0.95 is still such an awesome track even by today's standards when compared with most of what's out there, I cannot wait to see what you've done with 0.99! It's going to be fantastic!

Thanks for your reply man.
I always run alone in Hotlap mode using the Northbound layout, I don't really use the two-way traffic layout but I guess it doesn't matter now after reading there's a 0.99 version coming so I'll be looking forward to that instead.
Cheers
No worries thanks... The next version won't quite be a finished 1.0... Although I boxed my version number into a corner calling the current version a 0.95 (hereby know as 0.2) :D
Rather unsurprising it was a mix of "user error" and CSP, turns out in the latest SOL/CSP combo the "haze" effect for whatever reason made the water completely invisible (and for what it's worth, I don't like the new haze effect as much as the old one).

0.95 is still such an awesome track even by today's standards when compared with most of what's out there, I cannot wait to see what you've done with 0.99! It's going to be fantastic!
Great you managed to find out what it was! Thanks, glad you like the current version so much :)
Next version will be like HD in comparison... I think the folder size may also have expanded slightly :D

I hope everyone is doing well!
If anyone wants to see more than static screenshots of version 1.0 (pre-release)

Pacific Coast 1.0 - Lamborghini Huracan - Light Traffic
Thanks to Mike at SimRacing604 for the cool video, Glad a run along PCH started your day off well.

This will all be available Free...

Main track: Free only on Race Department.
Layouts:
Southbound (Big Sur) - 26 pits, at the Northern Gas Station. - AI - Cams.
Northbound - 50 pits, at the Southern Gas Station. - AI - Cams.
Cruise - 70 pits, all spread along the main hwy, using turnouts / gravel areas. (Online only / Practice)

Extra addon: Free download (or name your price) on my store.

Layouts:
Cruise Mansion - 70 pits, all in the mansion underground parking structure. (Online only / Practice)
Traffic Two Way - 55 pits, all the AI leave the turnouts / gravel areas along the main hwy. - AI
Traffic Mansion - 55 pits, all in the mansion underground parking structure. - AI
(The AI leave the parking structure, drive a few km down to the main hwy, then loop around Two-Way)

Cruise layouts are basically freeroam, freeroam didn't sound right, as it's basically a single road.
But what a road!
pch_001.jpg

pch_fb_001.jpg

Smoothed terrain,
Added Higher Resolution unrendered physical terrain (offroading?).
Re-painted terrain / blending and balancing (more to be done / refined).
5.2 million poly physical road mesh - With crown (for water run off, not simulated).
Multiple surfaces, visually and physically, cats eyes.
Lots of bushes (cheers to @Ben O'Bro ).
New authentic Gas Pumps (Thanks to @A3DR).
Night Lighting / RainFX
Re-worked Mansion - With underground parking (Thanks @Ben O'Bro for car assets)
Re-worked Ocean - (more to be done)
Dynamic Air / Ocean traffic
Coastal SoundFX
pch_005.jpgpch_006.jpg
pch_003.jpgpch_004.jpg
pch_002.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling