oculus latest update, 10/09/18

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
todays update is preventing my GTX1080ti/CV1 to work.
This morning all was fine and this afternoon after the update nothing works.
anyone else is on the same boat?
Does someone has a solution?

If 1.32 gets forced through and borks my Rift again then I really don't think I'll be able to find the energy to try and fix it. I might just give up sim racing altogether until Oculus stop being gormless asshats.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For such a large, deep-pocketed effort, I have to say I am not at all impressed with Oculus' support.
No one-on-one human interaction for reporting or support with serious issues ...relying on forum-style communication to try getting answers from other end-users, is not ideal.
These don't inspire confidence for future purchases.
If I spend money on a headset, I want to be able to reach out to a voice on the end of the line for genuine assistance or suggestions to fix issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For such a large, deep-pocketed effort, I have to say I am not at all impressed with Oculus' support.
No phone line to call into for support...forum-style communication to present issues.
These don't inspire confidence for future purchases going forward.
If I spend money on a headset, I want to be able to reach out to a voice on the end of the line for assistance or suggestions to fix issues.
Totally agree... I find really unprofessional the way they put some updates that not working for many people.. i mean come on you got some millions and you dont want to hire beta tester ? Anyway everyday these a new company in this business so only the strongest will survive! Darwin fact:whistling:

Upvote 0
No phone line to call into for support...forum-style communication to present issues.
These don't inspire confidence for future purchases going forward.
If I spend money on a headset, I want to be able to reach out to a voice on the end of the line for assistance or suggestions to fix issues.

There is a forum and of if use the Support Tickets they are generally very good to be fair, not without issues though like any company really, took me ages to get a replacement rift replaced after it had dead pixels.

Upvote 0
How many of you guys experiencing the black screen issue...(with an amber indicator)...are on the GTX1080 or GTX2080?
I am using the MSI GTX1080Ti Duke edition and from what I've been gathering during my quest for a fix, the upper end 10/20 series cards seem to be the ones having quite a bit more difficulty than other models.
Which videocard output ports are you using to connect your monitor and Rift?
In my case the signal lamp in the headset remains amber, which would indicate no video signal.
There is audio in the headset if I launch the Oculus software but no image.
If I unplug the Rift's HDMI cable from the videocard and then reconnect it, the headset 'wakes' up and plays until I reboot the computer.
Obviously, that is not ideal as continuous disconnecting will wear the pins and cause connectivity issues in the future.
I am using only the two HDMI ports on the card...one for the monitor and the other for the Rift.
What's really strange, is that the monitor will get signal right away using either HDMI port.
That would suggest an issue with the Rift right? ....Not so fast!
If I swap my MSI GTX1080Ti out for my PNY GTX1070, the Rift works as it should normally.
The difference being, the GTX1070 uses one true HDMI output to signal my Rift...and (in my case) the DVI output (at the videocard) converted to HDMI at the monitor for signal.
I'm starting to suspect there is some type of signal quality degrade or timing issue if two or more HDMI ports are use simultaneously on the GTX1080Ti with the Rift.
It may be that the monitor does not use as much power or is less susceptible to signal fluctuations than the Rift.
I have placed an order for a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, to split and allow the outputs to the Rift and monitor from two different sources...HDMI and DisplayPort.
I'll report my findings when it gets here on Friday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What's really strange, is that the monitor will get signal right away using either HDMI port.
might be a driver issue. i have also a monitor and rift via hdmi, and sometimes i got a black monitor after a session with rift, and only after plugout/plugin actions it was returning to normal

Upvote 0
So I found an interesting thing out tonight during setup for one of my league races. In Oculus Home, (as in the app that runs while you're in the Rift, not the one that boots into the HMD when you put it on) my headset was reporting a USB 2.0 connection, while the sensor, which is plugged into the front panel USB 3.0 port, was reading USB 3.0. I only have two 2.0 ports on the rear I/O of the motherboard (as I understand it, I may be wrong now that this has come to light) and both of those are taken by mouse and keyboard. Pretty hard to make a mistake plugging into the wrong one when both 2.0 ports are occupied. I've now removed the Rift from it's current port and plugged it into a PCI USB 3.0 hub port and now it correctly displays USB 3.0 in the devices section of the software.

This could have something to do with my very flakey performance during my time with owning and using the Rift. I'll have to test it out and report back. Note that this has nothing to do with what people are experiencing regarding the updated Home 2.0. This is something I've been fighting for quite a while. It's very strange that it displays a 2.0 connection. I could have sworn they were all 3.0 ports.

Upvote 0
So I found an interesting thing out tonight during setup for one of my league races. In Oculus Home, (as in the app that runs while you're in the Rift, not the one that boots into the HMD when you put it on) my headset was reporting a USB 2.0 connection, while the sensor, which is plugged into the front panel USB 3.0 port, was reading USB 3.0. I only have two 2.0 ports on the rear I/O of the motherboard (as I understand it, I may be wrong now that this has come to light) and both of those are taken by mouse and keyboard. Pretty hard to make a mistake plugging into the wrong one when both 2.0 ports are occupied. I've now removed the Rift from it's current port and plugged it into a PCI USB 3.0 hub port and now it correctly displays USB 3.0 in the devices section of the software.

This could have something to do with my very flakey performance during my time with owning and using the Rift. I'll have to test it out and report back. Note that this has nothing to do with what people are experiencing regarding the updated Home 2.0. This is something I've been fighting for quite a while. It's very strange that it displays a 2.0 connection. I could have sworn they were all 3.0 ports.
Look for the blue tongue. That's normally an indication of whether a port is USB 3.0 or not.

Upvote 0
How many of you guys experiencing the black screen issue...(with an amber indicator)...are on the GTX1080 or GTX2080?
I am using the MSI GTX1080Ti Duke edition and from what I've been gathering during my quest for a fix, the upper end 10/20 series cards seem to be the ones having quite a bit more difficulty than other models.
Which videocard output ports are you using to connect your monitor and Rift?
In my case the signal lamp in the headset remains amber, which would indicate no video signal.
There is audio in the headset if I launch the Oculus software but no image.
If I unplug the Rift's HDMI cable from the videocard and then reconnect it, the headset 'wakes' up and plays until I reboot the computer.
Obviously, that is not ideal as continuous disconnecting will wear the pins and cause connectivity issues in the future.
I am using only the two HDMI ports on the card...one for the monitor and the other for the Rift.
If I swap my MSI GTX1080Ti out for my PNY GTX1070, the Rift works as it should normally.
The difference being, the GTX1070 uses one true HDMI output to signal my Rift...and (in my case) the DVI output (at the videocard) converted to HDMI at the monitor for signal.
I'm starting to suspect there is some type of signal quality degrade or timing issue if two or more HDMI ports are use simultaneously on the GTX1080Ti with the Rift.
It may be that the monitor does not use as much power or is less susceptible to signal fluctuations than the Rift.
I have placed an order for a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, to split and allow the outputs to the Rift and monitor from two different sources...HDMI and DisplayPort.
I'll report my findings when it gets here on Friday.

I'm.on a 980ti but haven't experienced black out just poor performance since the update. I've improved things slighty. Set the touch controllers up by adding other sensor (only use one in sim rig), old oculus allowed sensors to be setup with one sensor before.
If you go into oculus home wearing the rift and use controllers to go to settings there's a inbuilt AA feature .I've now turned this off and AC runs better. Still not as good as a few weeks ago but better.

Upvote 0
Hi .. You can switch back without problems. Just try it.

Just follow instructions and try.

Do not be surprised, the picture in the glasses is always black, until the car is on the track.

Only then does the picture come in the Rift. no Oculus Home.

Oculus Tray Tool Profiler does not work for me.

CTRL + Numpad1: Disables ASW
CTRL + Numpad2: Apps running at 45Hz, ASW disabled
CTRL + Numpad3: Apps running at 45Hz, ASW enabled
CTRL + Numpad4: Enable automatic ASW control

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back