oculus latest update, 10/09/18

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
todays update is preventing my GTX1080ti/CV1 to work.
This morning all was fine and this afternoon after the update nothing works.
anyone else is on the same boat?
Does someone has a solution?

Last evening, I spent a considerable amount of time in chat with an Oculus support member.
He wanted me to do a bit of stuff like checking pins, wires, clearing drivers, etc...ALL of which I had done prior to putting in a ticket.
I obliged and did it all again...to no avail.
After exiting the chat, I decided to once again disconnect the Rift's HDMI cable from the videocard... wait a few seconds and then reconnect it.
The Rift came online and played normally for the remainder of the evening.
I started multiple applications and games...Amaze, AC, ACC, Rf2, Bigscreen, etc... all worked flawlessly.
Today, I start my computer ....and I'm right back to a black screen again.
This is not hardware related.
It is clearly software.

Upvote 0
I think I may have found a solution to the black screen issue with Rift.
The amber light was a clue to no video input signal.
What I did was turn off all power saving to USB and place the headset partially on my head at computer restart, so the sensor was waiting for a tracking signal.
Now I can restart the computer and the Rift is seen and receives signal.
I am now back up and running.
So it did come down to 'rigorous detection' as I'd suspected..

Upvote 0
Abysmal that these issues are being left to end users to crack the code to solve. It worked before, now it doesn't. That's stupid.

Granted, the Rift has never worked great for me at all, even with high tier hardware powering it. Last night I went from ASW 45 to disabled, at like 1.2 SS just to see. It was a horror show. I don't know what's happened but apparently the 1080Ti just because unable to power the first gen HMD's? Highly unlikely.

Upvote 0
Abysmal that these issues are being left to end users to crack the code to solve. It worked before, now it doesn't. That's stupid.

Granted, the Rift has never worked great for me at all, even with high tier hardware powering it. Last night I went from ASW 45 to disabled, at like 1.2 SS just to see. It was a horror show. I don't know what's happened but apparently the 1080Ti just because unable to power the first gen HMD's? Highly unlikely.

I occasionally have to restart CM (thank god it literally takes seconds) to get Rift performance back to how it should be. Since the update it'll sometimes start as a juddery mess at random, but it's easily fixed, albeit annoyingly so.

Upvote 0
I'll have to test more with it later on. It's not a performance thing, as in, I don't have enough power. No way. The settings worked for a long time albeit with hiccups in between. That's the reason I spend so much time away from VR at a time. It just consumes me to the point of me being Rift problem solver and occasional sim racer. I just get over it. The frames are all over the place.

Upvote 0
I'll have to test more with it later on. It's not a performance thing, as in, I don't have enough power. No way. The settings worked for a long time albeit with hiccups in between. That's the reason I spend so much time away from VR at a time. It just consumes me to the point of me being Rift problem solver and occasional sim racer. I just get over it. The frames are all over the place.
One thing I have noticed since the update: my VR performance lags horribly if I browse any web pages on my sim rig between races with CM still open. A restart of CM is usually needed to get rid of the resulting judder. Try it at your end and see if the same thing happens.

Upvote 0
I always have browsers closed when in VR. It does make a difference to the smoothness, in my experience. I understand what you're saying but. Even opening and closing can have an effect even if it's closed when going back into the HMD.

Last night with the frame rate issues I was talking about I was actually in rF2. Tonight I raced and left ASW off and it seemed much better. Who knows. That's the thing with the Rift. I'd rather it be knackered then to give good then bad then good then awful experiences.

Upvote 0
From Reddit, 1.32 release notes https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9qsnnk/rift_132_release_notes_public_test_channel/
(1.32 seems to be in public test beta right now..?)

https://forums.oculusvr.com/communi...1-32-release-notes-public-test-channel#latest

If you have suggestions for future Oculus Rift software features/suggestions, please suggest them here: https://rift.uservoice.com/

You can also suggest feedback directly through the Oculus Home desktop app: https://imgur.com/D5KcYiz

• Dash
    • Menu Improvements: Added a new Dash rollover menu. Hover your pointer on the right side of the belt for instant access to volume, Touch status, and to re-center your view.
    • Various performance improvements
  • Oculus Home
    • Embedded Panel Support for Custom Objects: You can now add embedded panels to custom 3D objects for importing to Home. See the User Guide for details.
    • Home Menu: Updated fonts and added new localization options for improved functionality and visuals.

Upvote 0

I run a 980ti and up until the update it ran great, dropping to 45 with ASW on AC at the start of races but always smooth. Now it stutters even on offline practice, garbage

Upvote 0
Mine's working fine now on 1.31
No doubt that's all about to change...

Ditto and I bleedin' well hope not!!

I take it the update will be forced upon us, as 1.31 was, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 'Homeless' will still work because my experience is completely stable with that in place. Albeit that's assuming Oculus haven't 'borked' something else inbetween times.

What a sh*t show it's been and I count myself as one of the lucky ones!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back