oculus latest update, 10/09/18

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
todays update is preventing my GTX1080ti/CV1 to work.
This morning all was fine and this afternoon after the update nothing works.
anyone else is on the same boat?
Does someone has a solution?

Yes done all that, OTT says it can't find oculus client as path in oculus/software but the patch didn't have that structure. Do I have to point the OTT to a particular file?

Please adhere strictly to the instructions ..
Under Services - oculus VR Runtime Services set to manual.

C: \ Program Files \ Oculus .. << rename the entire folder in Oculus old .. now copy the downloaded Oculus folder here.

Start OTT and set the top two hooks under Service and startup.

Set OTT autostart and minimized.

Computer restart.

Upvote 0
My DisplayPort to HDMI adapters got delayed in shipping, so yesterday I decided "screw it"....I'm removing everything and starting over.
I 'ripped' out the videocard driver and Oculus software...including all directories pertaining to either, along with any reference to Nvidia or Oculus in the registry.
I then rebooted and installed Nvidia 416.34 along with the Force_enable Gen3 hack.
A completely clean version of the Oculus software, version 1.31.0.686553 installed and now it all works again.
The only thing that bugs the heck out of me, is that on initial entry to the car I have a bit of skipping (almost like lost of tracking).
I sorts itself out in a few seconds and then everything is fine after that.

Upvote 0
My DisplayPort to HDMI adapters got delayed in shipping, so yesterday I decided "screw it"....I'm removing everything and starting over.
I 'ripped' out the videocard driver and Oculus software...including all directories pertaining to either, along with any reference to Nvidia or Oculus in the registry.
I then rebooted and installed Nvidia 416.34 along with the Force_enable Gen3 hack.
A completely clean version of the Oculus software, version 1.31.0.686553 installed and now it all works again.
The only thing that bugs the heck out of me, is that on initial entry to the car I have a bit of skipping (almost like lost of tracking).
I sorts itself out in a few seconds and then everything is fine after that.
That's interesting, what peonlpro werewyou seeing before?

Upvote 0
So I've had some real success, along with using the previously mentioned way of using old oculus system I have done some research on Nvidia drivers. For the latest oculus you need the latest drivers but with the above oculus roll back you can use any driver you want. It appears 388 drivers can give stuttering in some games. A solid driver appears to be 385.26

I've downloaded this and my performance is smooth again!! Amen

Upvote 0
Sorry spell check went mental. What performance were u seeing before?
I guess I'm a bit lucky as I've actually had great performance from the beginning of my VR experience.
I see a solid 89.9 fps in VR with Assetto Corsa on grids of around 15-18 cars at high to max settings.
That number obviously is somewhat less in ACC in VR but still very smooth at epic settings.
That was all on a GTX1070 which I now have up for sale, having gotten a GTX1080Ti from a co-worker who was getting out of gaming.

Upvote 0
Funny that, I've got a driver package backed up in my mods folder (388.59) that I remember was the only driver at the time that gave me smooth performance. Isn't it stupid that we have to resort to such things to achieve an acceptable experience, while at the same time spending insane amounts of money on hardware that would hopefully already guarantee us that.

I wonder if it's worth going back and trying it out. Who knows what else will be compromised in the process but at least it's something. It's hit and miss for me. Still.

Upvote 0
I might go back and give it a try. I saved it for a reason. Must have worked back then better than anything else available. Makes you wonder what they've done to make it so different even on drivers released around the .59 driver.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 41 26.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Forum trophies