Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

I feel the same way Peter...and it's pretty mind blowing that the same guys are going to do it right, in style, in about a week. What a mind f*ck that will be, but in the meantime, there are still lots of options on Shift2 that are nowhere else. So many tracks, like you said, and so many different places to explore. But really, it's the "feel" of the game that sucks you in. If that can suck you in so much, imagine that same feeling doubled and them all the other stuff corrected and enhanced. Railer was also one of the first to realize this game was a lost gem. But I have to give credit to my very first racing buddy, Bron Edward. Don't think you ever met him, but he was always able to drive anything fast and had raced motorcycles before.

I would like to run a BRNO too.. that track is awesome.. I've only driven 4 laps on it and I really enjoyed it. This track may have wide run-offs but the racing surface is still very narrow, and there are a few places where the curbs will absolutely spin you.

Yea, there are so many great European tracks that the big boys don't run that it's stunning. One of my all time faves is Zandvoort. Wish it was in pCARS. I think DTM still goes there...and it's narrow as hell...and right on the beach. DTM is a series that knows what they are doing.

I would like to run a BRNO too.. that track is awesome.. I've only driven 4 laps on it and I really enjoyed it. This track may have wide run-offs but the racing surface is still very narrow, and there are a few places where the curbs will absolutely spin you.
We will have to run some Race Pro to get some Brno action. I have been wanting to dust that disk off for a while so thats as good a reason as any.

Yeah I agree about the narrowness of it but there's lots of space before the gravel bites if you go wide as well. Haven't spun at all yet but once I start pushing that might all change lol.

Last edited:
Same here.. i'll be there but have only had two 15-20 minute sessions to learn the track and make a couple of basic tuning adjustments. Really like the track but the bank holiday weekend meant not much time to get on track here.

I improved a little but it's very hard to be consistent at this track for some reason. The curbing seems to Bite one lap and then the next lap it's fine. I suppose I'm averaging around 1:15's

Great race from both Peter and Michael. Michael has the lap record now and qualified first, then Peter's consistency won over in the second race, earning him a 1st place. Here is my Race 1 video (I will let Peter post his Race 2 if he has it, since that battle looked epic):

WoW!! What a race that was last night :thumbsup: Totally enjoyable and very unexpected to pick up the race win with Michael being so quick here. The Time Attack race I always expect Michael to grab the victory (although Boothy would have run him close) as he is always able to put in those very quick laps while I am just not in the same league when it comes to this sort of qualifying pace session. The longer haul races are far more my forte where I can get into a rhythm and grind out consistent laps.

Time Attack: Got spun around onto the gravel facing the wrong way by one of the AI at that first left-hander after the esses so just sat there and let everyone through and then slowly went round to give myself a decent gap to try to set a lap time. First couple of laps were just sighters and as I was starting to get in a groove I caught up with the tail of the field and had a couple of laps amongst them not being able to set anything below mid 1:15’s. Finally managed to find myself another gap and squeezed in a 1:14.8 (I think) but the following laps I got held up by AI again so had to settle for that. I could see I was 5th overall as the flag dropped so just hoped I had done enough to pip Robert for second of the humans and not lose any more points to Michael than necessary. Just about made it with just about 2/tenths between me and Robert in the end.. PHEW!!

No idea why this Time Attack was 20 minutes while others have been much shorter :/ Doesn’t seem to be any rythme or reason to how these things work out.

Race: Thought I might get a run on Michael in the first couple of laps as he was running a bit wide through some corners but he kept it together and held the place while I kept it as clean as possible with Robert very close on my tail and keeping the pressure on. Spent the first few laps in close proximity to each other and I was making sure to not leave any gaps for a possible pass from behind and to not over drive the car in the first phase of the race which allowed Michael to gradually open a gap. Robert eventually fell away and the pressure eased so I was able to focus on the race ahead and started to find my rhythm and better pace as the laps went by. A gap of around 9 seconds gradually came down and was hovering around the 4-6 second mark over several laps. A fastest lap of 1:14.1 brought it down more and visually it was nice to see Michaels car getting bigger ahead of me, especially coming around that first left-hander after the esses. I think it was lap 16 where he got caught out by the kerbs on around that same turn and I went around the outside of him into the hairpin to take the lead for the first time. The gap opened up slightly over the rest of the lap as Michael got back up to speed and I felt comfortable at that point. Went back to just driving within myself knowing an error free last four laps would seal the win but I made a little error around the esses and almost lost it at the left-hander which allowed Michael to close the gap and put a bit more pressure on… sweaty palms time lol. The last couple of laps were tense but I kept it on the grey stuff and took it round that final long turn knowing I had it in the bag was very nice 

So love this game.. incredible fun to drive and race. Congrats Michael on your pace, really didn’t think I would have enough for you here but I guess the old tortoise and hare adage works well in racing at times lol. Nice job too Robert, those early laps were fun with you never too far from my bumper and keeping me honest. I am sure you must have hit your PB during the race the same as I did.

Video up shortly. I left it uploading when I left for work so hopefully it’s there ready now.

Last edited:
Great Race Peter, hats off to your consistency. Yeah, I have to figure out how to drive fast with more consistency. I knew that Curbing was trouble and Just like every lap before didn't have an problems until that one lap where the car pushed wide and hit the curb spinning. Anyway a well deserved win, No mistakes will beat out fast lap everytime. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
I watched that pass, but was really expecting Michael to pull right back up to you. I think the most impressive part is the concentration it took to keep ahead for about 4 laps. He was a good 2 seconds faster on any given lap, but you really laid down the concentration, although he did make it close. Can't wait to get the "feel" of this game on a proper SIM.

MIAMI BAYSIDE RUN
International GT Series (GT3)
May 9, 2015; 6pm U.S. EDT, 11pm GMT
_____________________​
For previous results, you will have to scroll back through the Shift2 general thread. For, future results and standings, they will follow the particular race thread, even if it is merged with the general Shift2 section.

XBOX 360 SERIES
Race Director: Robert Waddell
Race Steward: Railer Cantrell

Your host will be OctoberDusk06 and this race is open to all who wish to participate, whether a full time driver or not.
Base Setups are tunes for each car available here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/renown-tuning-unleashed-™.196236/
Tuning Explanations are available here: http://www.racelinecentral.com/RacingSetupGuide.html

1. The first race will be in time attack mode with the Hardest A.I. filling out the field. The time will be set to "long" which is about 8-15 minutes on most tracks. Standing start and no restarts. The A.I. will not be included in the standings, but they are "part of the track" so to speak, so contact with them is never faulted. The finishing order of this race is the lineup (in order of finish), for the next race. Full points for this race.

2. The second race will be a standing start with a parade lap so that wheels can be fixed and we can get in the proper order from the first race. Single file start with no A.I. The number of laps will be 20 laps. Points will be as explained below with no points in either race for pole or fastest lap.

The scoring system is as follows:

Points System

Points: 1-25; 2-18; 3-15; 4-12; 5-10; 6-8; 7-6; 8-4; 9-2; 10-1
(Each Race scores points)

ALL RACES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THIS SECTION, WHICH WILL SERVE AS A CATCH ALL FOR THIS SERIES.

Notice To: @Peter Hooper @Railer Cantrell @Matthew Booth @Karl Fuss @Wessel Slagter @Chris Hempsall @Michael Watts @Vence Alfred

NOTE:
- The game will not allow pit stops
- Damage will be “full”
- Collisions will be “on”
- Tuning will be allowed.
- No assists; helmet or cockpit view only.

NOTE We ask that you record your own race (it's an option at the end of the race and goes away if you are not careful. Since races will be recorded, all contact, whether intentional, unintentional or protested, *will be* reviewed (if possible) by the director and Chief Steward for any driving infractions and unsportsmanlike conduct.If the Director or Chief Steward is involved, it will be reviewed by a randomly chosen third party, along with another non-involved party. The least severe punishment decided will be issued (or none at all) and appeal may be made.

Please review the League Introduction Page for a complete list of Rules and Sporting Regulations for these races. This can be found here.

Eligible GT3 Cars For This Race:
Any GT3 Car (fixed build, no upgrades)

Please sign up by noting your name and gamertag below. Help us pass the time until the glut of new games arrives on the next gen systems and get a very small peek at pCARS at the same time, from the same studios.

Driver Sign Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06
2. Michael Watts / michaei watts

Last edited:
Sorry fellas i had no alert for this so wasn't aware there was a race. Highly unlikely I'll be able to make it I'm afraid as I am due to be out until late. Haven't run this track at all either so if i did get back in time i would be running completely blind.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back