Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Glad you fellas were able to get a run in yesterday! I took my daughter to San Francisco for the Cherry Blossom festival In Japan Town.
Boothy, hopefully you can rally. I'll keep you in my prayers, sir.

Sorry to hear about your eye Boothy. It was really a fun race. I really wish we could get more of a turn out these ovals are pretty fun. I hope more people show up for the Rustle Creek race, Peter, it is in the B class, so hold on to that Challenger. You're going to need to tweak at setup a bit Tire pressures and Brakes might be slightly important because its a half mile track. But it should be pretty fun. Just like Dakota, the more laps you put down the faster you will be. I ended up with a 34.363 at Dakota yesterday. Vince, hope to see you on the track soon.

Thanks Mike. I have a busy week with summer work prep and family in from Texas. Plus my kid has been keeping me busy with excursion requests.I will try to prep and make the race this weekend. Can someone please refresh me with the time? Thanks all.

Sorry to hear about your eye Boothy. It was really a fun race. I really wish we could get more of a turn out these ovals are pretty fun. I hope more people show up for the Rustle Creek race, Peter, it is in the B class, so hold on to that Challenger. You're going to need to tweak at setup a bit Tire pressures and Brakes might be slightly important because its a half mile track. But it should be pretty fun. Just like Dakota, the more laps you put down the faster you will be. I ended up with a 34.363 at Dakota yesterday. Vince, hope to see you on the track soon.
I agree Mike, a few more bodies on the grid would be better but it's fun all the same :) My Dakota best was a 34.7 in our races on Saturday which I was pretty happy with having only had a dozen laps in preparation beforehand. Running a consistent line is so important to keep the pace up and thats where I struggled a bit and the odd lapse leading to a party with the wall didn't help lol. Really enjoyed mine and Roberts first race battle, we were close for the majority of that race, I thought he had got away from me when I drifted up into the wall and lost some time around the three-quarter mark but two turns later he spun and I was though and then kept it clean until that mistake on the final lap which a second or so earlier would have seen him pip me.

We have two more races before Rustle Creek and I am mighty busy so not sure what time i'll have to look at things before that one but will bear your suggestions in mind :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike. I have a busy week with summer work prep and family in from Texas. Plus my kid has been keeping me busy with excursion requests.I will try to prep and make the race this weekend. Can someone please refresh me with the time? Thanks all.
The schedule is a bit up in the air at the moment Vence, differing work schedules are meaning things have to get changed around a bit but the next race is a GT1 at Dijon-Prenois though so thats the one to practice for :thumbsup:

Yeah I plan on putting some laps in for that soon. I only had to make minor adjustments for my car last time. Its mostly learning the track. Rustle Creek should be a blast though, its a lot like Bristol.

I'll be on tomorrow morning when you get up Peter, and Michael, I'll be off all day tomorrow, so maybe after your work some online practice? I need to level I think, but mostly get to know the track. I'll also try to get in touch with Railer.

Unfortunately the morning sessions are unlikely at the moment as I'm starting work earlier for a while. I assume you're talking about Grid rather then Shift? I would love to get the chance to get that car levelled but can't see how I'll get the time this week so I'll probably just go for a loaner instead.

Well, Railer is out, so it looks like this one is in the bag Watts. Congratulations man. Well done. Hard work and dedication really does pay off. Half the battle is showing up, and you did that in spades, as did Peter. Shame we couldn't get that shootout, but oh well. We will have fun regardless. Heck, I remember when Peter and I just ran NASCAR solo and had a blast. It's all about the friendships. Hopefully we can all move to next gen together.

I'm looking forward to F1, although one statement worries me. They still seem to be obsessed with making the rear of the car simply ride on glass instead of concentrating on real F1 issues like brake by wire entry lockups, front end problems and mechanical damage. (Oh, and a decent tire model would be nice). But I'll probably play regardless. It should look good, since 900p = 1080p on the xbox, to the human eye. I'm still in love with their penalty system (reduced). I just wish they would add all the real life technical adjustments.

Can we not move it to a date that Railer can make? Seems a shame to have the title decided without the main challenger there. He could have given Michael a decent race in this last one I reckon :thumbsup:

Can we not move it to a date that Railer can make? Seems a shame to have the title decided without the main challenger there. He could have given Michael a decent race in this last one I reckon :thumbsup:

Don't see why not. I'll have to find out what's going on. In the meantime, here is my video where I barely miss catching you at the line:

Hey fellas. Will there be a NFS:**** 2 race any time soon. I haven't even lit either system lately. The short time I have been on has been running Race Pro. Just curious to know if Shift 2 season was over or not. Last I remember was Zolder then and oval or two afterwards. Thanks.

Shift2 International GT Series
May 6, 2015 @ 11pm BST; 6pm EDT U.S.
Dijon-Prenois GP (GT1)
______________________________​
For previous results, you will have to scroll back through the Shift2 general thread. For, future results and standings, they will follow the particular race thread, even if it is merged with the general Shift2 section.

The game is very inexpensive, around six quid. To participate you should download the DLC that unlocks ALL of the cars (not cars and tracks, but that's cheap too). It's very inexpensive, about six quid also, and worth every penny. This can be avoided by buying the cars with game cash.

XBOX 360 SERIES
Race Director: Robert Waddell
Race Steward: Railer Cantrell

Your host will be OctoberDusk06 and this race is open to all who wish to participate, whether a full time driver or not.
Base Setups are tunes for each car available here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/renown-tuning-unleashed-™.196236/
Tuning Explanations are available here: http://www.racelinecentral.com/RacingSetupGuide.html

1. The first race will be in time attack mode with the Hardest A.I. filling out the field. The time will be set to "long" which is about 8-10 minutes on most tracks. Standing start and no restarts. The A.I. will not be included in the standings, but they are "part of the track" so to speak, so contact with them is never faulted. The finishing order of this race is the lineup (in order of finish), for the next race. Full points for this race.

2. The second race will be a standing start with a parade lap so that wheels can be fixed and we can get in the proper order from the first race. Single file start with no A.I. The number of laps will be 25 laps (if allowable). Points will be as explained below with no points in either race for pole or fastest lap.

The scoring system is as follows:

Points System

Points: 1-25; 2-18; 3-15; 4-12; 5-10; 6-8; 7-6; 8-4; 9-2; 10-1
(Each Race scores points)

ALL RACES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THIS SECTION, WHICH WILL SERVE AS A CATCH ALL FOR THIS SERIES.

Notice To: @Peter Hooper @Railer Cantrell @Matthew Booth @Karl Fuss @Wessel Slagter @Chris Hempsall @Michael Watts @Vence Alfred

NOTE:
- The game will not allow pit stops
- Damage will be “full”
- Collisions will be “on”
- Tuning will be allowed.
- No assists; helmet or cockpit view only.

NOTE We ask that you record your own race (it's an option at the end of the race and goes away if you are not careful. Since races will be recorded, all contact, whether intentional, unintentional or protested, *will be* reviewed (if possible) by the director and Chief Steward for any driving infractions and unsportsmanlike conduct.If the Director or Chief Steward is involved, it will be reviewed by a randomly chosen third party, along with another non-involved party. The least severe punishment decided will be issued (or none at all) and appeal may be made.

Please review the League Introduction Page for a complete list of Rules and Sporting Regulations for these races. This can be found here.

Eligible GT1 Cars For This Race:
Any GT1 Car (fixed build, A Class, no upgrades available)

Please sign up by noting your name and gamertag below. Help us pass the time until the glut of new games arrives on the next gen systems and get a very small peek at pCARS at the same time, from the same studios.

Driver Sign Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06
2. Michael Watts/ michaei watts
3. Matthew Booth/Boothy116

Last edited:
Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh

Managed to grab my first twenty minutes here this morning. A very easy track to learn in regard to layout but as with so many of them in this game there is so much time to be found at places you don’t expect. Only downside is that it’s a track that doesn’t punish you very much for mistakes unless they are pretty bad ones due to the wide run-off areas at most places. Could provide some good close and competitive racing as a result.

I haven’t come across a track that I don’t enjoy in this game in all honesty. As soon as I fire the game up and get in the car the sounds draw me straight in and keep me wanting more and more. Fabulous gem of a game imo. Thanks to Robert for introducing me to it as I doubt I would have grabbed it without his input :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.