Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

I'm thinking of proposing a ban on the Maserati. It's akin to driving in F1 2014 in unequal cars and getting the Merc. Counter argument: Anyone can pick it. Counter to Counter: If you can't tune it to control it or it does not suit your driving style, then why should be forced into a lesser car. The websites that say it's programmed to be faster are above.
The same counter argument could be used though, other cars may not suit other drivers styles.. a bit like the tuning \ non-tuning issue in Grid I guess, some were able to tune so had that advantage over others that couldn't... I am not sure whether I would choose it as I like the Aston which is much more stable and have yet to try the Corvette or other cars available but would be reluctant to outright ban it at this stage. It is the fastest car based on it's stats so it makes sense that it's programmed to be the fastest but that doesn't neccesarily mean it will be the best car over a race distance.

Last edited:
Well after some testing im using the Chevrolet :laugh: It's very comfy to drive did a 1:15.529 :thumbsup:
I knew you would soon be up to speed with the game. I just had a quick lunchtime run out and did a 1:16.5 in the Chevy. More time to come in that car and it sounds awesome :) With a bit of tuning i'm sure i'll get it down into the 1:15's at least too.
How do you get that autolog wall thing @Peter Hooper
I'm not telling you, that way I stay top for a while longer lol. I think it just automotically signed me up for it once I started playing the game tbh.

I'm struggling with this game.
issue 1 - i don't know this circuit.
issue 2 - the cars are all over the place down the straights. they seem very hard to control
issue 3 - the FFB is very basic and i'm not use to it (yet)
issue 4 - can i make tuning changes anywhere other than in the garage?
issue 5 - the number of tuning changes you can make are crazy.... i'm lost on some of them.

I've tried to get into it twice over the weekend and gave up. It's frustrating.

karl fuss / niblips2

I'd be interested but my Shift 2 is highly modded (shift 2 community mod) due to the fact that the standard game is unplayable and very weird to drive with floaty cars. So I doubt it would let me join a server now.

I'm struggling with this game.
issue 1 - i don't know this circuit.
issue 2 - the cars are all over the place down the straights. they seem very hard to control
issue 3 - the FFB is very basic and i'm not use to it (yet)
issue 4 - can i make tuning changes anywhere other than in the garage?
issue 5 - the number of tuning changes you can make are crazy.... i'm lost on some of them.

I've tried to get into it twice over the weekend and gave up. It's frustrating.

karl fuss / niblips2
1) It’s a pretty simple one to learn Karl, toughest part is the uphill blind right-hander (in dusk it’s even tougher because of the sun in your eyes) but if you don’t try to take too much speed through there (it will push you wide into the gravel if you do) you’ll soon get the hang of it. Like Grid there is far more time to be gained here that you initially believe is possible.

2) There is a certain looseness to them but I like the ‘alive’ feeling. I have only made some very slight wheel changes but I think you can make it less ‘wobbly’ if you play around with them. I upped the steering sensitivity to about 65 and have the deadzone at 1%. Both throttle and brake deadzone I have at about 1 or 2 %.

3) I have mine set at 100% and find it actually really nice. I get better feedback than any game I think and in fact was thinking of toning it down a bit as the feel over the kerbs, etc is so strong and I was thinking it might not be good for the wheels longevity to have it at max. I love the feel as the car loses grip, seems more apparent to me in this game than Grid and F1 and is a real help here.
4) No you have to make them in the garage as far as I have found. You can then test them out from there but none of your times set in the tuning test are counted in the autolog so you have to then go to a race or time attack to set them there. The last tune you ran with is the one you get when you go out on track.

5) I know it’s impressive to say the least :thumbsup: I have barely dipped into them but the little synopsis that comes along the side is a handy reference for each of them. This is the sort of thing the PC guys are so used to and what we will get with Project Cars and ‘hopefully’ F1 2015. I have achieved good times with hardly touching the tuning so far but Just remember don’t change too much at once. I started with the tyre pressures for this track to get rid of some understeer.

I am actually finding this game to be such a surprise. Until Robert mentioned it I never even considered getting it and it was really the London track that enticed me to pick it up but it’s everything else that has kept me wanting more and more and I haven’t even been to the London track in it yet as a result lol. It’s added more life to the ol’ 360 that’s for sure.

We're playing on the 360 Jack. no mods available.

OMG, how did I make this mistake? :rolleyes::sleep::confused: Saw the title on top of the video where it says Shift 2 PC and for a minute thought we might have some Shift 2 racing on. I was wondering why anyone would be using the standard version over the PC modded version which transforms it into a semi sim.
I wonder if my little boy has this xbox version? He's got loads of games on for his xbox.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back