Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

I'm just going to bow out of this. Peter, you are welcome to carry on if you want. Interest and participation, as predicted, is virtually gone (thanks to those two or so who remain steadfast for each race). So...it was a nice run. Thanks to everyone who participated. Miami is not running today, and I withdraw from the series.

Unfortunately since London i think home and work stuff has got in the way of this series for a few of the guys. I would definitely have run tonight if i had known about it before this morning (don't know whats going on with the alerts lately) and I'm still happy to run some more but am off on my holidays in just over a week and won't be back until early June so maybe see how things are at that point.

yeah the Alert issue needs to be resolved. I didn't get an Alert. I happened to look for the last Shift race. But if we don't get Alerts, then the same will happen for the XboxOne races.

Personally, I never relied on the alerts, but then again, your point is well taken when the schedule fluctuates. That's not going to happen with pCARS.

I was just getting a handle on the physics of this game, and actually liking it. I hope that they repaired the AI physics for ProCars. One thing I noticed racing with the AI was it was actually a lot like GRID in the fact the AI's mass is far greater than the player's car, or their (AI) cars violate every one of Newton's laws of physics.

One thing I have learned about A.I. in my short gaming career history -- you can never please everyone. Best A.I. I have seen to date are those in F1 2013.

Yeah, F1 AI are pretty clean due to the open wheel nature. From the video's I've found it looks like the AI is pretty balanced, as far as weight to player. One thing that sucks you into to Shift is how pure the Racing is when you're in the car, the sound of the Engine and whine of the transmission of the GT40 was awesome. The sound of the marbles bouncing off the crush panels is a nice touch. Graphics are pretty decent, but the game is dated. If they take the best of Shift 2 and put it in ProCars it will truly be the most awesome racing game ever.

Last edited:
And I think that verdict is already in. For me, was in...the PC guys said as much a long time ago. Despite their squabbles, they all said to a man...you console guys will never know what hit you. Unless, of course, you have played on a PC very recently.

The alert issue is a real pain. I have reported it again but not getting any response. WHen you are following so many threads it's important to have them working especially for race alterations and club races, etc.

I quite enjoy the AI in Shift 2 for the most part. They are a bit of a mare on the ovals but other than that give some decent racing. The F1 AI are as good as it gets at the moment. Legend AI in 2014 have given me the best races offline i've ever had in the my last two races at Hockenheim and Spa. I finished Spa sweating after 44 laps of real intense battle. I'm hoping that pCars have gone a step or two up from that though :thumbsup:

One thing I have learned about A.I. in my short gaming career history -- you can never please everyone. Best A.I. I have seen to date are those in F1 2013.
Thats why the pCars slider bar is the best option. Trying to fit everyone into the various levels is so difficult, i've just been lucky that the Legend AI in F1 are just about right for me this year.

Yeah, F1 AI are pretty clean due to the open wheel nature. From the video's I've found it looks like the AI is pretty balanced, as far as weight to player. One thing that sucks you into to Shift is how pure the Racing is when you're in the car, the sound of the Engine and whine of the transmission of the GT40 was awesome. The sound of the marbles bouncing off the crush panels is a nice touch. Graphics are pretty decent, but the game is dated. If they take the best of Shift 2 and put it in ProCars it will truly be the most awesome racing game ever.
I agree. The sound is what really pulls me into Shift 2 every time I get in the cockpit.. that last race at Dijon was a case in point. As soon as I started on that track for the first trime after a bit of a break from the game it blew me away again how immersive it is.

Despite being a few years old I tihnk it's still up there with the best on the 360.

I'm still happy to run some more races in it Michael but it will just have to be after i'm back from holiday :thumbsup:

I was watching DarrenSRT from Inside Sim Racing drive an old SCCA Trans AM Mustang and the sound was the same as the GT40, with a Beautiful Purring V8 engine and transmission noise that just puts you in a mood to run continuous laps at any track.

I was just getting a handle on the physics of this game, and actually liking it. I hope that they repaired the AI physics for ProCars. One thing I noticed racing with the AI was it was actually a lot like GRID in the fact the AI's mass is far greater than the player's car, or their (AI) cars violate every one of Newton's laws of physics.
From what i have found so far this problem had been fixed in pCars. The cars weight seemed equal to me.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back