Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

What do you want exactly?
unpacking all .bff files dosent work for mee, have read this treed http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?s=977eb74bf626e3b88779bb658d18c959&t=166542
and tried Everything, it try to unpack from system 32 all the time, can someone help me, I have team vewer ore if someone send me all the extracted files, ore the hole game with extracted bff files :)
And i dosent understand this: "3 Uncheck the "Read Only" property of the Shift folder"

I have win 8,1 and what i can see, a am administrator and have all the rights on the map???
My language is Swedish so sorry for bad English.

I get it to work now, Can someone here get me a email adress to staff on nogrip forum? cant logg in no more and cant reset my password :/.

Mod-edit: try using their contact form under the help section pls

I found Another unrar program on nfs-game.com, that fix my problem, thanks for that link!
What mods do u guys here use on nfs shift :) ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, i'm requesting these 3 mods for nfs shift :

- NFS Shift HD mod
- Better visuals mod for NFS Shift
- Shift High Res texture mod

Unfortunately i can't to download at Nogripracing because the site is down. Someone can to help me please ?

Thanks for all

Hello everybody, does anyone still have the camera mods for Shift 2, particularly the one that allows you to remove the steering wheel? Apparently, nogripracing is down to my suprise, and I just reinstalled Shift 2 again in my new PC after 3 years of not playing. Please share it with me. Thanks :)

• Deleted member 13397

i am looking for working download of the
Top Gear Edition for Shift by Seta127

recently i found a gold mine in the form of Pro Career Mod for Shift, that increases race length which i found very enjoyable; and was wondering if there are any similar mods for Shift 2.....

recently i found a gold mine in the form of Pro Career Mod for Shift, that increases race length which i found very enjoyable; and was wondering if there are any similar mods for Shift 2.....

Hi. Look in the PCgamingwiki for NFS Shift. There are links for some mods that really improve gameplay and fix the stupid oversteer physics.

I'm also looking for a mod that fixes the overpowered grip that AI cars have. I mean, it really bothers me that a Dodge Viper that oversteers like crazy easily passes my grip tuned AWD Skyline GTR on the outside and going 30kph or 40kph more than my car...

<prop name="Balance - Predicted Avg Skill Cheat Fraction" data="0.00" /> <prop name="Balance - Grip Boost Applied Fraction" data="0.0" /> <prop name="Balance - Steer Throttle Easing" data="1.0" /> <prop name="Balance - Steer Throttle Ease Grip Factor" data="1.0" /> <prop name="Balance - Corner Speed Skill Factor" data="0.31" /> <prop name="Balance - Start Error Rate" data="0.5" /> <prop name="Balance - Low difficulty mass penalty factor" data="0.05" /> <prop name="Balance - Low difficulty throttle rate limit" data="1.3" /> <prop name="Balance - Late brake spread" data="0.23" /> <prop name="Balance - Oval Speed Capping" data="0.75" /> <prop name="Balance - Spread Control" data="1.3" /> <prop name="Balance - Spread Control Diff" data="-0.3" /> <prop name="Balance - Spread Control Dist Per Car" data="15.0" />

<prop name="Balance - Predicted Avg Skill Cheat Fraction" data="0.00" />
<prop name="Balance - Grip Boost Applied Fraction" data="0.0" />

are the lines I altered. I set the values to 0.0 and it seemed to fixed the overpowered grip a bit but the AI still feels like it doesn't follow the same set of physics the player has and still has a grip boost.

Last edited:
Hi. Look in the PCgamingwiki for NFS Shift. There are links for some mods that really improve gameplay and fix the stupid oversteer physics.

I'm also looking for a mod that fixes the overpowered grip that AI cars have. I mean, it really bothers me that a Dodge Viper that oversteers like crazy easily passes my grip tuned AWD Skyline GTR on the outside and going 30kph or 40kph more than my car...

<prop name="Balance - Predicted Avg Skill Cheat Fraction" data="0.00" /> <prop name="Balance - Grip Boost Applied Fraction" data="0.0" /> <prop name="Balance - Steer Throttle Easing" data="1.0" /> <prop name="Balance - Steer Throttle Ease Grip Factor" data="1.0" /> <prop name="Balance - Corner Speed Skill Factor" data="0.31" /> <prop name="Balance - Start Error Rate" data="0.5" /> <prop name="Balance - Low difficulty mass penalty factor" data="0.05" /> <prop name="Balance - Low difficulty throttle rate limit" data="1.3" /> <prop name="Balance - Late brake spread" data="0.23" /> <prop name="Balance - Oval Speed Capping" data="0.75" /> <prop name="Balance - Spread Control" data="1.3" /> <prop name="Balance - Spread Control Diff" data="-0.3" /> <prop name="Balance - Spread Control Dist Per Car" data="15.0" />

<prop name="Balance - Predicted Avg Skill Cheat Fraction" data="0.00" />
<prop name="Balance - Grip Boost Applied Fraction" data="0.0" />

are the lines I altered. I set the values to 0.0 and it seemed to fixed the overpowered grip a bit but the AI still feels like it doesn't follow the same set of physics the player has and still has a grip boost.

This is probably not entirely wrong. During the development of PC1 and PC2 SMS stated that they use a simplified physics (suspension and tyre) model for the AI.

Just in case people are still using the Unofficial Community Patch for S2U, here's letting you know that I migrated it from its original home at bitbucket.org to github (link to s2u_ucp).

No guarantees that it'll work as I haven't touched it for a number of years.

This is probably not entirely wrong. During the development of PC1 and PC2 SMS stated that they use a simplified physics (suspension and tyre) model for the AI.

Yup, I recently got a new PC capable of running Project Cars as I was stuck with a crap one for years that wouldn't run any games. My options were limited to NFS, Forza and F1 games on the Xbox360 and Xbox One. Never got Project Cars but I thought of giving it a try after playing NFS Shift since it is the same game engine.

The simplified physics model is annoying... It feels like I am playing PS1 games all over again.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years