NASCAR Heat 2 Updated 4.jpg

704Games recently released a first patch for the new NASCAR Heat game, bringing with it a several minor bug fixes.

Written in surprisingly vague language, the new changelog is small but welcomed by the NASCAR Heat 2 community, and shows positive signs that the recently rebranded 704Games are serious about ensuring a positive experience is had by players of the latest officially licenced NASCAR game.

Not particularly big on content, the patch nevertheless addresses some of the more noticeable annoyances with the title that have surfaced since launch earlier this month, and hopefully is the first of several that look to help bring the game up to a standard deserving of the premier racing series in North America.

Patch 1 Update Notes:
  • Fixed a crash when viewing schedule in Career during Hot Seats.
  • Fixed VSync.
  • Victory Anthem volume is now tied to Music volume.
  • Fixed a bug where Elliott Sadler's Road America Challenge would not reward you if you completed it successfully.
  • Added functionality to switch between Global Leaderboards and Favorite Driver Leaderboards.
  • Added gear/speed overlays when in cockpit mode.
  • Fixed an achievement issue where the track type achievements were not awarded correctly.
  • Fixed doppler effect so that it is correctly calculated preventing unusual pitch shifting during some events.
  • Set Furniture Row Racing to a 5 Star team in career.
  • Added a Stats page to Career.
  • Minor bug fixes.

About the Game

Three National NASCAR Series
– The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and NASCAR XFINITY Series are playable for the first time in nearly a decade. Add in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and players have over 100 drivers to choose from.

New Tracks – 6 new tracks make racing more diverse. 3 road courses, 2 ovals, and 1 dirt track join the 23 updated Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series sanctioned tracks for a total of 29 tracks.

New Split-Screen Multiplayer – Two players can race together in head-to-head, local split-screen multi-player.

Deeper Career Mode – Work your way through all 3 NASCAR national series in your own custom car or takeover a stock car from the top NASCAR race teams!

Expanded Online Gameplay – 40-player online races are back! New this year and for the first time ever, complete the field with AI. New leaderboards, rolling seasons, online cautions, and the new NASCAR stage format create a robust online experience.

System Requirements - Minimum
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 530 or AMD FX 4100
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 460 or AMD HD 5870
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 10 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Soundcards
  • Additional Notes: Supported Graphics Cards: AMD HD5870 or better, HD6870 or better, HD7790 or better, R7 260 or better, R9 260 or better, Nvidia GTX460 or better, GTX560 or better, GTX650Ti or better, GTX750 or better, GTX950 or better

NASCAR Heat 2 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

NASCAR Heat 2 Updated.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Updated 3.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Updated 2.jpg

If you are enjoying NASCAR Heat 2 (or just curious about the new game) then head over to our NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum. A place on the internet to discuss the game, download the mods and have your say with your fellow NASCAR Heat 2 fans!

Are you enjoying the new game? What do you think the title does right / wrong? Are you happy to see a new patch already? What else do the devs need to do to bring the game up to speed? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Lots of modding potential this year. Discovering even more than last year. Cars aren't packed into one file, which means we can update them with accurate skins one at a time rather than having to release a new skin pack.

I've also been working with the base designs they've provided and it's possible to create new base paint schemes for the "Custom Skin" UI, they just have to be painted in 3 specific colors, much like how iRacing does their paint kit on the website.

Also should be able to provide car viewers and templates for custom skins much more accurately than last year. Installing them is still cludgy, but no more so than F1 2016 / 2017 for example.

The game has shown enough improvement for me that I think I will stay interested enough to want to do things like track texture/billboard updates as I progress through career mode, but my main focus right now is on removing the annoying car ahead name labels. I'm oh so close -- when I accomplish that, I'll start moving on to some other items and sharing more knowledge.

Here's some images of some discoveries thus far.

toyotaRGBPaintKitTemplate.png tundraViewerMesh.pngtundraViewerSkin.png

So no NASCAR league Mike?
Eh.. we'll see. I can't get any traction with any of the RD admin to create new forums. So Not sure where I'll host it. But without a forum of some sort its really hard to judge the level of interest.
I've talked with some fans on the Official Reddit page for the game and think 50% Truck Races may be the way to go. Still with Stage Racing you're guaranteed at least 2 cautions. But they have incorporated real cautions into Multiplayer provided its more than just a Single car spin.
Here is the Truck Schedule

What are the chances we can get a League Section for each platform for the new Game. I'd like to start up a Truck Series league.. Only 23 races at 50% race length, Stability off, Custom Setups (Except Superspeedways). Online is actually pretty fun from what I've tried as long as you have trusted racers along side. No need to race with "Randoms" in public rooms, its about what you would expect.

Eh.. we'll see. I can't get any traction with any of the RD admin to create new forums. So Not sure where I'll host it. But without a forum of some sort its really hard to judge the level of interest.
I've talked with some fans on the Official Reddit page for the game and think 50% Truck Races may be the way to go. Still with Stage Racing you're guaranteed at least 2 cautions. But they have incorporated real cautions into Multiplayer provided its more than just a Single car spin.
Here is the Truck Schedule
I'd be happy to help, but I ain't running trucks. Lol. That's just Hollywood marketing B.S. NASCAR can only mean Winston cup imo. Can't you run the cup cars on the truck tracks? Like mid Ohio?

provided I find enough interest, ts a shorter 23 race schedule, the online is fun, and cautions work on their own. Plus you can add AI if you like ( Players start in front of AI every time and qualifying is still based on best lap time from previous race) You can even run your custom truck, up to 4 numbers available.

Wait. Did I jump the gun? Cautions work for trucks but not Cup? Why would you run trucks online instead of Cup?

@aowzone I used to skin for NR2003 and only make dirt skins for iRacing but wanted to give Heat 2 modding a chance. I'll be making skins once you release viewers and templates! If there's already templates I want to start right now for the weekend.

Last edited:
Have been having a blast with this title. I think there's some reason to believe this franchise can eventually rival the old Papy sims, but the key question is what is 704's road map? The arcadish cautions and manual pitting is a massive immersion killer, so it says something that the core racing is still enough to keep me hooked. It really is a worthwhile step forward this year. With the three Nascar series now on board, next year's game needs to incorporate more in the way of sim features. Encouraging and I confidently expect to put 100 hours or more into NH2.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 54 88.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 20 32.8%