The game is really good. Few things to note: I tried this with an old XBox 360 wired controller and the handling was awful. Very sensitive and uncomfortable. A brand new wired Xbox One controller (bought for another game I had recently purchased the same day) and the handling is much much better. I don't know the specifics to why this is since I dont use gamepads often but keep this in mind I guess.

The AI at 105% with the default setups are too fast in qualifying but only fast in the top 10 during the race so most of your races without car setup adjustments will consist of you starting last and having to cut through the field. Using custom setups however, I get either pole or top 5 consistantly and completely destroy the field in race with the same setup, often by half a lap after about 10 laps. For the best experience in quickplay I'd suggest making a Q setup (old NHE ones from last year still work fine) but sticking to default race setup.

Another note is that most of my practice races were at Atlanta which currently has very worn racing surface. Despite this, the track behaves like its from 1997-2002 being freshly paved in other words very little tire fall off. Granted, I was running sprint races with 1x wear but even after 15 laps on 1x you should lost at least half a second. This isn't gamebreaking but just keep in mind the cars/tracks are simplified thus the tracks lack some personality.

IN SHORT: the game exceeds where it needs to. Hardcore players will always prefer iRacing and NR2003, but for console gamers or sim racers who just want a laid back offline experience with a solid career mode, much improved AI, the game does just fine. Don't bother with DLC skins of course, just buy the base game, you can just edit and create your own skins with UABE anyway like any other sim. I don't mind DLC and would consider buying some but they need to provide more things than just skins.

8/10 final score from me

Don't trust everything you read mate. :sneaky:
He said by himself - he did ONE race, got rammed in back and ...he give up.
I guess he really need that money back, for something else. :rolleyes:
Read some official reviews and other steam user opinions instead.

I tried the same race and some sprint races a couple of times. Those times where enough to let me know that I don't enjoy this game. That's my opinion. I never said it was a review, it was a small comment about the things that annoy me.

Amazing how different the reviews can be for the same game. Just shows that it's horses for courses I guess. I'll probably grab this at some point but on console we don't have the luxury of the refund you can get on stream so its always best to be cautious these days and wait out for some feedback so thanks for taking the time to give that both good and bad :thumbsup:

What do you think @Rob you giving it a go?

Amazing how different the reviews can be for the same game. Just shows that it's horses for courses I guess. I'll probably grab this at some point but on console we don't have the luxury of the refund you can get on stream so its always best to be cautious these days and wait out for some feedback so thanks for taking the time to give that both good and bad :thumbsup:

What do you think @Rob you giving it a go?
I think these are PC guys mostly. Their standard are higher. I'll definitely get it this weekend or next. MP is a concern though, as with all games on console

Can anyone tell me does the game have a save race feature this time? Not having that makes it difficult for me to race anything other than short races and was the main reason why I stopped playing Heat 1. Even a save between quali and race would be something.

Can anyone tell me does the game have a save race feature this time? Not having that makes it difficult for me to race anything other than short races and was the main reason why I stopped playing Heat 1. Even a save between quali and race would be something.

Unfortunately no Peter, I would love to do 100% races but just can't in one sitting.

Unfortunately no Peter, I would love to do 100% races but just can't in one sitting.
Thanks for the reply Kenny that is disappointing. Same for me, I just don't have that sort of time available in one go. Even the 50% races with the qualifying sessions on top of that were prohibitive with H1. It's something I queried the devs about and they said it was something they were looking at but I guess it wasn't a priority.

Steaming pile of bullshit of the highest quality.

Graphics are terrible...looks like they used some sort of vaseline like grease smeared over the screen to "pretend" to be AA.

Control options - terrible. Try and change the settings for my T500 and it launches a separate app and CLOSES the main game. Not all things can be rebound....so I can't map "pause" to the keyboard. No no...I have to map it to the fking wheel because that's all the config tool understands.

If you have suicidal thoughts then you'll want to turn the sound off. The spotter says "easy easy" ever freaking time you overtake or accelerate....grating like the ex wife on a bad day does not describe it.

Frame rate - on my high end system is ****. Seems to fluctuate between 30 and 60....with massive dips.

TLDR : Pick any combination of anglo saxon 4 letter words...put them together and this describes the game. Doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as NR2003 or Mario Kart for that matter.

Let me qualify this opinion by saying, I'm a HUGE NASCAR FAN. Stock cars on a 1/3 mile, asphalt oval, was my first exposure to motorsports at 5 years old. I want to like NASCAR HEAT 2. NH2 is a video game for NASCAR fans who play video games. The ads showing Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano playing with controllers should be our first clue. Physics and lack of wheel support show a definite slant toward pad users. Tuning interface and characteristics are similar to Evolution. AI is better, as side by side racing is actually possible, but not perfect. Monster Energy Cup, Xfinity Series, and Camping World Trucks each have unique characteristics and appeal. Accepting NH2 for what it is, and not expecting a real Sim goes a long way in enjoying this title. I've had fun racing AI on ovals of all shapes and sizes, sticking with stock setups. Camping World Trucks at Eldora is a blast. Xfinity at Road America was a whole different story, and not a good one. I felt completely detached from the car. No road feel whatsoever, until turn in, then iffy at best. So bad I exited and stopped racing for the night. I will have fun with NASCAR HEAT 2, however I will satisfy my Sim addiction elsewhere.

My question is simple...is the on line improved enough to start a league? I would have thought @Michael Watts would have done so by now, but life gets in the way. Or...is it the game? If there is interest, I can certainly do it. But I'm not the best NASCAR fan in the world (although like you Rebel, it was my entry into racing, growing up next to RIR). I hear on line is massively improved, an I agree...it's not a SIM, but it's the best oval racer, so far, on the console. Are folks waiting for pCARS2 to figure this stuff out?

Yeah I'm thinking of putting a Truck league together.. provided I find enough interest, ts a shorter 23 race schedule, the online is fun, and cautions work on their own. Plus you can add AI if you like ( Players start in front of AI every time and qualifying is still based on best lap time from previous race) You can even run your custom truck, up to 4 numbers available.
So far the NHE setups still work on the Trucks, and I'd probably do default setups for the Superspeedways. Physics are the same and until they patch it, Rear Gear is unchangable. But I really like about it is the Variety of tracks available. From Dirt, Bull Rings, and Superspeedways to a Road Course.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 30 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.5%