I bought it and got a refund. No real graphic options to talk about and the steering wheel support is just as bad. No way to set AA level, only on and off. The idea of starting off small is really nice. But it's just not my cup of tea. The AI also isn't amazing. Got crashed into the back of my Truck 4x in the first race. I will check it out later on if they maybe patch some of the things that I don't enjoy about it.

• Deleted member 6919

704Games have released the much anticipated sequel to 2016's NASCAR Heat Evolution, bringing the latest NASCAR sanctioned game to console and PC marketplaces.
WHY!

Anyone know if VR is in the plans for the future? I wouldn't mind a dedicated NASCAR game but without VR it's a no buy for me currently, thanks.

T300RS not supported? Can set all controls EXCEPT the steering (greyed out). I know ovals don't have THAT much corners, but hey it does'nt work complete without steering.

Off to play Nascar Racing 2003, which is STILL the best Nascar game ever released...

T300RS not supported? Can set all controls EXCEPT the steering (greyed out). I know ovals don't have THAT much corners, but hey it does'nt work complete without steering.

Off to play Nascar Racing 2003, which is STILL the best Nascar game ever released...

T300RS configs no problem. After installation, launch "play" from the library, not from the desktop (just this first time), it will take you to config, choose wheel and accept. It automatically detects the T300RS no problem. Go into game and do a quick race and test. Then go into config later and do your own tweaking of settings/FFB, etc.

Following up a little more (PC experience). I am past 2 hours in, so no refund. Multiplayer is still dead compared to NR2003 glory days (maybe it will get more people eventually), but I am enjoying racing the AI. I read where you have to turn on all flags and do a race of at least at 25% (I was first doing a lot of quick races like 3%) to experience cautions and pitting (if you choose to pit on a yellow). It is actually quite fun and competitive with the AI. Graphics are okay, but not Assetto Corsa or Project Cars quality as I mentioned in the first post above. Pit stop graphics though are actually pretty amazing.

• Deleted member 205301

I bought it and got a refund. No real graphic options to talk about and the steering wheel support is just as bad. No way to set AA level, only on and off. The idea of starting off small is really nice. But it's just not my cup of tea. The AI also isn't amazing. Got crashed into the back of my Truck 4x in the first race. I will check it out later on if they maybe patch some of the things that I don't enjoy about it.

Thanks for your review.
The only reason why I could buy it, is racing oval against IA, if it's not good, I won't.. (i'm an iracing guy, but sometimes, i don't want to race against people, don't want to train etc...)
@++

I'm on season 2 of career mode. I'm using a gamepad because I know better than to try to mess with configuring my wheel for this.

The game is miles better than last years. Physics are one of the biggest improvements. It used to be stupidly easy to spin the car out or get spun out by the AI. The car feels pretty planted on to the ground. If you move the joystick left and right, you won't instantly lose the car. And the "pinball physics" from last year are completely gone.

Graphics are better. Still not great. Needs better anti-aliasing support and softer shadows. But they've overhauled the color profiles this year. It's more colorful and lively. Some of the effects are a little overdone, but they pretty well while you're racing.

You can make your own paint schemes now. It's really basic, nowhere near Forza paintbooth levels. But it's on par with Dirt to Daytona's paintbooth and will only get better as they update it.

Menus are a lot nicer. They use a full motion video of color splashed clips from the 2017 season as the background for the menus. It's a really well done video, better than videos the TV broadcasters produce. There's licensed music now, not very good music but y'know. The spotter sounds are better this year too. Last year, there was this super annoying radio static that would play before every spotter message so it's nice to see that removed. Engine noise is better too, but audio is still low fidelity.

There's a victory lane animation now. Not much but it's nice. The pitcrew and driver uniforms are 100% accurate and the victory lane animation shows that off well.

Still not a super detailed tuning setup. Suppose that's what iRacing is for.

The AI do make some weird ass pit strategies though. Still trying to wrap my head around what they're doing there.

V-sync is broken. But that information is being passed on to MGI as I type this out.

Career mode is the best part though. You start season 1 and you don't even have a truck to race in. You actually have to miss out on the first few races of the season and wait for a backmarker team to offer you a 1 race contract, and they're cars are physically slower than the good cars, they only want you to finish in the top 25. If you keep making teams happy with your one off performances, more teams will offer you rides and you'll eventually work yourself into a full season ride. Your first full season, backmarker teams from the series above you will start offering you one offs too, and that's how you work your way up to the top series. Once your in the top series, you can choose to moonlight in the lower two series for fun, just like Cup champions Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Kevin Harvick, etc do in real life. You earn money in career mode but I'm not sure you do anything with it.

Honestly I'm so happy that we have all three series with a complete field of cars for the first time ever. This isn't the first time that there's been multiple series, but every previous attempt included more fictional drivers than real. Hell, in the later days of EA, the entire Whelen Modified Series was fictional. And then in 2009, EA didn't even license the car manufacturers.

Here are some screenshots.
c1aHhiQ.png
TVcESYT.png
QcwdR1T.png
sCGNqLM.png
8gJm704.png
cxJvszY.png
Q56Jnfp.png

Sounds like a good Nascar game for the PS4. I've raced NR2003 quite a bit so I'll have to see how it checks out. Maybe a few will get brought back and I can pick it up used.

Thanks for your review.
The only reason why I could buy it, is racing oval against IA, if it's not good, I won't.. (i'm an iracing guy, but sometimes, i don't want to race against people, don't want to train etc...)
@++
Don't trust everything you read mate. :sneaky:
He said by himself - he did ONE race, got rammed in back and ...he give up.
I guess he really need that money back, for something else. :rolleyes:
Read some official reviews and other steam user opinions instead.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 406 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 257 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 275 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 162 27.6%
Back