Thanks so much. This is a really stupid immersion killer. Quite why 704 don't provide an option for this is unbelievable. The core racing is absolutely superb this year, but oh what rough edges...

They could provide it -- it took me all of about 3 minutes once I found the relevant C# code to remove it. My guess is they think people like it. I complained about it last year too but never cared enough to do something about it. I guess they got me motivated enough to try this year :)

Still trying to sort out the best way to release this. It is a bit tricky.

They could provide it -- it took me all of about 3 minutes once I found the relevant C# code to remove it. My guess is they think people like it. I complained about it last year too but never cared enough to do something about it. I guess they got me motivated enough to try this year :)

Still trying to sort out the best way to release this. It is a bit tricky.

You would think that NHE had provided Monster with enough input to fix its many flaws, unfortunately NH2 is a terrible PC port. It has poor visuals (poor AA poor LOD), poor optimization - high fps but frame drops, limited graphics options. Still the same controller tool they supplied as a fix for NHE.

The redeeming factors is an AI that can actually provide a fun race and the new series and road tracks are pretty good too.

I cannot really forgive Monster for failing to improve the performance and visuals of NHE.

They appear not to know how to make the unity engine purr on a PC.
Keep hoping for fixes though, keep hoping that they have learned from NHE.

You would think that NHE had provided Monster with enough input to fix its many flaws, unfortunately NH2 is a terrible PC port. It has poor visuals (poor AA poor LOD), poor optimization - high fps but frame drops, limited graphics options. Still the same controller tool they supplied as a fix for NHE.

The redeeming factors is an AI that can actually provide a fun race and the new series and road tracks are pretty good too.

I cannot really forgive Monster for failing to improve the performance and visuals of NHE.

They appear not to know how to make the unity engine purr on a PC.
Keep hoping for fixes though, keep hoping that they have learned from NHE.

It's Unity3d. It can be a good engine -- My Summer Car seems very popular -- but I think the developers are just learning it on the fly.

Hi is there anybody, who have also problems with Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 wheel? I calibrated wheel in Controller Config, but in game, the steering wheel doesn´t steer. Only to right and this is also very bad. Any help?

Eh.. we'll see. I can't get any traction with any of the RD admin to create new forums. So Not sure where I'll host it. But without a forum of some sort its really hard to judge the level of interest.
I've talked with some fans on the Official Reddit page for the game and think 50% Truck Races may be the way to go. Still with Stage Racing you're guaranteed at least 2 cautions. But they have incorporated real cautions into Multiplayer provided its more than just a Single car spin.
Here is the Truck Schedule
Trucks would be fun. I used to enjoy racing those back in the early Nascar sim days on PC.

The Xfinity does have Road America, Watkins Glen and Mid Ohio, but there are 33 races on the schedule. Trucks have Mosport Canadian Tire track but a much shorter schedule.

I would really like to love this (new) game, only if I could use it. :(
Did anyone of you Logitech G27 users had luck with properly calibrating the pedals ?
I just couldn't do it, it always assign break pedal to gas and vice versa.
No matter how different I push them.
If you have some other wheel but you feel like have good advice, I'm all ears. :unsure:

NASCAR Heat 2 Updated.jpg

NASCAR Heat 2 on PC has been updated today, adding a nice selection of updates and fixes to the latest officially licenced NASCAR game.

Developed by 704Games and forming the second release of the newly rebooted NASCAR Heat franchise, Heat 2 already looks like a considerable improvement over the original release of last year, adding more content, refinements in key areas such as playability and physics and the return of some of the often requested features from earlier in the life cycle of NASCAR games, Heat 2 is already proving to be a solid title and reasonably well received by the sim racing community.

Thankfully for those hopeful of seeing the game reach its maximum potential, it looks like 704Games have taken some time out of releasing and announcing DLC content to put time into updating the game, with a new patch released earlier today that looks to address some current issues and adds plenty of new features and support for players to enjoy.

You can check out the new build update notes below:
  • New input system, rebuilt from the ground up. Note: Users may have to re-map their controllers. Do this in "Options -> Controls -> Configure Controls."
  • Many wheels, XInput devices, and keyboard have default configurations already set up. These should work when attached, without extra configuration.
  • If your controller does not work when attached, use the keyboard to navigate to "Options -> Controls -> Configure Controls" to set it up.
  • Supports using multiple input devices at once. (For instance: steer with wheel, shift with shifter, gas/brake with pedals, control overlays with keyboard).
  • Deadzones can be configured in "Options -> Controls -> Other Settings."
  • Most DirectInput/XInput devices should be supported. If a device didn't work before, try it again.
  • Supports all buttons on devices, no longer limited to 20 buttons.
  • Now can fully configure XBOX controllers.
  • Can now assign controls to discrete functions in game. "Accept" no longer has to also control the "Race Info" display, for instance.
  • Can assign buttons/keys to steer, throttle, brake, clutch, etc. Just assign "Digital Steering Left/Right", "Digital Throttle", "Digital Brake", etc.
  • We now support having more than one force feedback device attached to your computer.
  • Player 1 and Player 2 can use different devices of any type; they don't have to both use gamepads or both use wheels. Set this in "Options -> Controls -> Other Settings."
  • Keyboard is officially supported.
Other notes:
  • Fixed potential game hitch when spotter speaks.
  • Now award speed points for challenges.
  • Display purse on the race card for career.
  • Fixed "Race All Tracks" achievement.
  • Better pre-race camera animations in multiplayer.
  • Implemented some missing UI sounds.
  • In Career, if you race cleanly, your Rivals anger level will slowly decay over time.
  • Added new victory anthems.
  • Tied Victory Anthems to Effects Volume.
  • Improved offline race results for the AI.
  • Made top-end AI more difficult at some tracks.
  • Changed AI qualify logic.
  • Support "strict" yellow flags in single player. Set this in "Game Settings."
  • Fixed some crash bugs.
  • Other minor bug fixes and improvements.

NASCAR Heat 2 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

NASCAR Heat 2 Updated 2.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Updated 3.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Updated 4.jpg

Want to get involved in the NASCAR Heat 2 RaceDepartment community? Head over to the NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Have you tried the new update yet? What do you think of the game so far? Happy with the progression from the original title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
New settings, speed points counting on challenges, remappable controls; sounds like improvement across the board! Definitely makes me much less hesitant to pick this up knowing they're actually fixing this stuff as they go.
Technically, I could rebuy it and play another 1h44min and still be able to get a refund. Did they do something about the road feel? It was really hard to put the truck where I wanted at Mosport for example. :/

Technically, I could rebuy it and play another 1h44min and still be able to get a refund. Did they do something about the road feel? It was really hard to put the truck where I wanted at Mosport for example. :/
I think that's technically called "NASCAR" or "driving a hog". :)

I know what you mean, but there was so little detail in the force feedback...
Yea, I agree...the first one was weak in this area, but Paul seems to think the ffb is improved. Since I could stomach the first one in SP, I will probably like this one. Esp. since SMS screwed the pooch with ovals again.

Poof! They're gone! Just need to do some testing to verify it doesn't cause any other issues before releasing.

View attachment 212862 View attachment 212863

Nice work!

Finally had the time to play the game. I have to say that I do like it alot. I did not play it before the last patch, so I don't know how it has been before, but right now it is quite fun.

@aowzone
Looking forward to your "no-names" mod. That was alway a thing that bugged me about the games.

I have to have a look at the files and see if I can port over some of the skins I painted for Nascar Heat :)

First "mod" is up -- was annoying me having missing driver headshots in the menus and results screens.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/replace-missing-driver-headshots.17578/

The "No Names" mod is something I could use some help from someone familiar with Unity / C# dll's on. I have it working, but would like to wrap it in its own DLL file instead of modifying the particular one you need to modify to remove the name overlays. PM me if you have any experience with C# or Unity DLL development!

I would buy this title if it was possible to save a race. I don't have time to race a 50% length race in one sitting.
That's a big issue for me too. I actually really enjoyed the first one but had to give up on it for that very reason. No save possible even between quali session and race so that just made it even worse. I did ask the devs about it and they indicated that it would be in this time so it's a big disappointment for me for sure.

That's a big issue for me too. I actually really enjoyed the first one but had to give up on it for that very reason. No save possible even between quali session and race so that just made it even worse. I did ask the devs about it and they indicated that it would be in this time so it's a big disappointment for me for sure.

It's so difficult to do a full race in a single sitting, so I agree they badly need this, as well as allowing us to drive during cautions and pit stops etc. I still enjoy the title, but it could be so, so much better.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 81 90.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 32.2%