It's so difficult to do a full race in a single sitting, so I agree they badly need this, as well as allowing us to drive during cautions and pit stops etc. I still enjoy the title, but it could be so, so much better.
Exactly. It's not often I get the chance to sit and race for more than an hour at a time and other than just leaving a race paused, which means I can't use the console for anything else, there's no alternative.

Cannot get normal smooth performance with NH2, basically have given up trying.

Shame because the game has potential, LOD and AA are sub par for a PC game, but the racing can be fun at higher difficulty levels and longer races.

Maybe Monster will fix this, I hope they will, but in the mean time I'm done wasting time trying.

I would buy this title if it was possible to save a race. I don't have time to race a 50% length race in one sitting.

+1 NH2 gets better with longer races (if you ignore pit ai), but no save limits the times when you can run a 50-100% race.

I'm having other issues, but this would be my first wish if I didn't have a video performance problem.

@Paul Jeffrey With this game continuously getting better is there anyway we can get a NASCAR Heat 2 League section?

I think we have more chance of a NR2003 club before that.................:rolleyes:;)
BOxsDQ6.png

b1MCAOg.png

The last update, well it is some small tweaks and a new in game controller setup, which at this point repeats history - NHE basically got some small tweaks and a separate controller setup tool, nothing significant after that. NH2 is basically the same core game with better AI routines, with the same visual performance and graphics settings.

The sad truth being that NR2003 is still the better NASCAR racing game. With the power of current level pc and console systems it would be a relatively easy job to create a good NASCAR title, especially if they license an existing racing game engine. Instead dev/pubs keep their focus on console market, but with games that are just not good enough to capture any market.

The graphics settings and quality of NH2 are a real disgrace for 2017, keeping in mind that this is their second game using the same engine. It may look good in 4k, what doesn't, but at 1080p with the in game settings it looks terrible compared to similar racing titles made by the competition - not all of them big budget either. I just don't understand the concept behind these games, not enough sim, not enough arcade, not enough refinement, not enough performance, too much detail where it doesn't matter, too little detail where it does. Summed up the last two devs for NASCAR games have not been up to the task, nor have the last three publishers. Just a waste of a good franchise.

I'd really be surprised if the last 2 games sold enough copies to got their money back.

Otoh, iirc NHE had an extremely short development time and NH2 was made on top of that, so maybe the cost was relatively low.

Keep in mind that I actually would love to see this title succeed and I am sorry to be so bitter, but if you decide to go for such a big license as NASCAR make your game worth the legacy that goes along with that title.

NR2003 was probably the last time when they achieved that level of quality that the brand deserves.

Last edited:
The Xfinity does have Road America, Watkins Glen and Mid Ohio, but there are 33 races on the schedule. Trucks have Mosport Canadian Tire track but a much shorter schedule.
What say we try to get something going? I can ask Bram. I just downloaded the game @Michael Watts and am impressed, especially with on line. You have damage, A.I., cautions, and drafting. You also have some cool new courses, like Iowa and Mid-Ohio. Maybe an Infinity Series would be fun. The lobby options have been explanded too.

I thought your old time was pretty good. It would help me if it were about 1/2 later the and practices were not so long. Maybe 30 mins, then qualy and race. Chase format with stages. Follow the season. Maybe, say, 8:30p on Fridays?

Well, I've been considering it. But the long schedule of the other league really caused the last attempt at a full season to dissolve. Being more of a distraction from the recent passing of my father, it really lead me down a dark road of depression when it ended due to lack of interest. Not sure if I'm ready for another failure yet.

But I digress, Ideally I would like to start with a Shorter Truck Series League and maybe build up some Excitement to run an Xfinity League and follow the season. I believe we have enough time to run a Truck season until the 2018 Xfinity Season starts up. The setups are nearly interchangeable so one setup will work with any series minus a small gear adjustment. I agree the with Cautions and Stage's added it could be much more fun way to race NASCAR. However, at this point Friday's are out for me. I might be able to do something on Thursday Night or Saturday even.

Well, I've been considering it. But the long schedule of the other league really caused the last attempt at a full season to dissolve. Being more of a distraction from the recent passing of my father, it really lead me down a dark road of depression when it ended due to lack of interest. Not sure if I'm ready for another failure yet.
I get that. I'm very sorry about your Dad. I cannot relate...yet. But it's going to be bad when it happens.
If I could maybe lift your spirits a bit, my disattachement was not related to anything here, but my job circumstance. I just couldn't get home (three hours from Richmond to Greenville) in time, so I had to bow out. But that was not the only reason...the game itself was very broken on line, as you know. Now, we have cautions, damage, and drafting. That's a big deal, IMO. In fact, since there were there in single player, I kept playing career until RIR. It was a good game. I got NH2 last weekend and it have been massively improved.

But I digress, Ideally I would like to start with a Shorter Truck Series League and maybe build up some Excitement to run an Xfinity League and follow the season. I believe we have enough time to run a Truck season until the 2018 Xfinity Season starts up. The setups are nearly interchangeable so one setup will work with any series minus a small gear adjustment. I agree the with Cautions and Stage's added it could be much more fun way to race NASCAR. However, at this point Friday's are out for me. I might be able to do something on Thursday Night or Saturday even.

Unfortunately, Saturdays are out (mostly because I want to keep it open in case your WEC series runs at 9am, but also for pCARS2 in general. Thursdays I'm in Richmond. Really, Friday nights are my only option, but there is nothing preventing us from doing both. I like your idea about a lower tier, but trucks I can't do. I remember when they were introduced. If they were actually trucks (as you say, it's all the same chassis) then I'd not be watching NASCAR, but the Score Truck Series by Robbie Gordon. lol. But Infinity is really appealing. Why? Because, as you say, it's new drivers and paint, new tracks, including some great road courses, and interchangeable setups.

I'll see if Bram can setup a league forum area, even if we have to share it or run different days. Since you can add A.I. I don't really care about numbers.What we need are clean racers who understand NASCAR and ovals.

NASCAR Heat 2 Update Details.jpg

704Games have confirmed a patch for NASCAR Heat 2 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will be arriving very shortly, hot on the heels of the recent PC build update.

704Games have already patched NASCAR Heat 2 on PC back at the start of October, however the American development studio have remained hard at work behind the scenes looking at ways to improve the simulation on both the PC and console platforms, forming what is a very positive move in the right direction for the official NASCAR game franchise.

Now the studio have confirmed that both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the title are due to be updated very shortly, with the new builds submitted to the certification process with Microsoft and Sony respectively. Although no definitive release date has been confirmed, 704Games suggest a release could come as soon as early next week. Stay tuned for more details as they become available...

Xbox One and PS4 Update Highlights:
  • Added remaining NASCAR NEXT drivers (Harrison Burton, Chase Cabre, Hailie Deegan, Riley Herbst, Cayden Lapcevich, Chase Purdy, Zane Smith)
  • Added new “Strict” Yellow Flags option for single-player
  • Added a Stats page to Career
  • Rivals’ anger now has the potential to slowly decay over time
  • Added an alternate controller configuration (Options -> Controls -> Default/Alternate)
  • Added new Victory Anthems
  • Added separate volume control for Spotter
  • Fixed potential frame rate stutter during race
  • Fixed Trophies/Achievements that were not awarding properly
  • Fixed red-lining engine issues at Iowa Speedway
  • Made top-end AI more challenging at some tracks
  • Better calculation of race results for cars finishing behind the player
  • Fixed issue where players in some regions would not see the correct cars in multiplayer races
  • Added gear/speed overlays in the cockpit view
  • Altered qualifying logic for the AI
  • Display purse on race card in Career
  • You can hold down left or right to change values at pits/in garage
  • Changed pre-race animation in multiplayer
  • Implemented some missing UI sounds
  • Quieter Victory Anthems
  • Fixed rare Career mode crash
  • Added functionality to switch between Global Leaderboards and Favorite Driver Leaderboards
  • Fixed doppler effect to prevent unusual pitch shifting during some events
  • Set Furniture Row Racing to a 5-star team in Career
  • Fixed Elliot Sadler’s Road America Challenge
  • Fixed some crash bugs
  • Adjusted some driver ratings
  • Altered character models for some drivers
  • Fixed some issues with AI pitting logic
  • Other minor bug fixes and improvements

NASCAR Heat 2 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

NASCAR Heat 2 Update Details 2.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Update Details 3.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Update Details 4.jpg

If you are enjoying NASCAR Heat 2 (or just curious about the new game) then head over to our NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum. A place on the internet to discuss the game, download the mods and have your say with your fellow NASCAR Heat 2 fans!

Enjoying the console version of NASCAR Heat 2? Looking forward to the new update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
This game is vastly underrated.

The racing in NH2 can be very fun - for playability cars are more stable than the previous version, maybe even too stable - and the AI is more capable than NHE. There is some rubberbanding, but nothing too obvious in long races at higher speed ratings.

My pet peeves are mainly visual and performance oriented, while the physics and ffb could be improved they are good enough for the level they are aiming at. I won't repeat the comments I made in my previous post on this topic.

The racing in NH2 can be very fun - for playability cars are more stable than the previous version, maybe even too stable - and the AI is more capable than NHE. There is some rubberbanding, but nothing too obvious in long races at higher speed ratings.

My pet peeves are mainly visual and performance oriented, while the physics and ffb could be improved they are good enough for the level they are aiming at. I won't repeat the comments I made in my previous post on this topic.
It's a pretty bad-looking game, but what's wrong with the performance?

It's a pretty bad-looking game, but what's wrong with the performance?

Some people, but certainly not all, experience frame rate drops regardless of high frame rates.

I've played the game with a 60hz and 144hz monitor, using the same GTX1080.
On the 60hz I experience pretty bad frame drops, that make the game look like it is running at less than 30fps, while the fps counter is either running a steady 60fps with v-sync on or in the high hundred.

With the 144hz I have drops in the same places, but because of the monitor this does not lead to the same experience. My guess is that the frame timing is an issue.

There have been more reports, most going for a refund, but I stuck out.

Had the same issue with NHE, so that makes me very stupid.

However the racing is pretty good and other people seem to have no performance issues.

My guess is that exclusive full screen should solve most performance problems and of course the addition of AA and LOD settings worthy of a pc game.

I don't want to bash the game, I just hope that there is enough incentive to have this fixed. Other than that I actually like the gameplay.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.