MGP18 MotoGP 18 Modding Tutorial

Create a folder in your asset space in the project you're using. This will create a fodler with the same name in Documents/Unreal projects/.../YourFolder
Close UE4. Copy .uasset files into that folder. Launch UE4 again and you will see your .uasset files in the editor
Thank you for your answer, but I am new to skin editing and I would need a tutorial to know how to modify the skins of the game. I find the textures in the folder, but I do not know what to do

Thank you for your answer, but I am new to skin editing and I would need a tutorial to know how to modify the skins of the game. I find the textures in the folder, but I do not know what to do
Look, I don't know how not to sound rude, but this tutorial is literally about editing a bike livery skin (bike 009, Dovizioso). What else do you need?

Look, I don't know how not to sound rude, but this tutorial is literally about editing a bike livery skin (bike 009, Dovizioso). What else do you need?
Your tutorial is very well done, what I miss is how to modify the skins with photoshop (I guess it is with this software that we must modify the skins?)

Excuse me, I encountered some trouble in making MOD. Would you like to ask...
I don’t know where my problem is. I’m trying to make a helmet MOD,
but the finished product I’ve made is like this.
破圖1.jpg

This is a corrupted failed work.
I use Modding Tool to turn my favorite helmet into .tga format
The program I use to edit the tga file is PhotoShop CC
When I modified the new helmet style, I used UE4.19.2 to change the file format.
I suspect that if I use UE4.19.2 in a process error, it causes my .uasset file to be problematic

The following are the categories of files obtained before and after the conversion of my helmet.

Helmet_000_d.tga -> helmet_000_d.uasset
Helmet_000_l.tga -> helmet_000_l.uasset
Visor_000_d.tga -> visor_000_d.uasset
Visor_000_l.tga -> visor_000_l.uasset

When I get this file and use the command output to make it pak and put it into the game folder it becomes a horror like the above picture

But I thought of a question...
The bike texture in your teaching only uses the "livery009_d.uasset" unique file to make it .tga
But you mentioned in Part 2: Repack.
You have three files for the .uasset you get with UE4.
Want to understand your storage

My aspects only do
- Delete the Starter Content.
After this step is in the same window
Import the 4 .tga files and Save All
Afterwards, a surprising nightmare appeared before the eyes.

Excuse me, I encountered some trouble in making MOD. Would you like to ask...
I don’t know where my problem is. I’m trying to make a helmet MOD,
but the finished product I’ve made is like this.
View attachment 255400

This is a corrupted failed work.
I use Modding Tool to turn my favorite helmet into .tga format
The program I use to edit the tga file is PhotoShop CC
When I modified the new helmet style, I used UE4.19.2 to change the file format.
I suspect that if I use UE4.19.2 in a process error, it causes my .uasset file to be problematic

The following are the categories of files obtained before and after the conversion of my helmet.

Helmet_000_d.tga -> helmet_000_d.uasset
Helmet_000_l.tga -> helmet_000_l.uasset
Visor_000_d.tga -> visor_000_d.uasset
Visor_000_l.tga -> visor_000_l.uasset

When I get this file and use the command output to make it pak and put it into the game folder it becomes a horror like the above picture

But I thought of a question...
The bike texture in your teaching only uses the "livery009_d.uasset" unique file to make it .tga
But you mentioned in Part 2: Repack.
You have three files for the .uasset you get with UE4.
Want to understand your storage

My aspects only do
After this step is in the same window
Import the 4 .tga files and Save All
Afterwards, a surprising nightmare appeared before the eyes.
You can send me your tga files, I will try to import them in game.

For what it matters, I use Unreal engine 4.18

[QUOTE = "Jonix, post: 2765310, membro: 17045"] Requisiti:
1) Scarica questi strumenti: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/motogp-18-modding-tools.153829/#post-2765300
2) Hai bisogno di Unreal Engine Editor.
3) Assicurati inoltre di aver installato Python 2.7.

Nel tutorial modificheremo una skin per bici, ma una volta che conosci il metodo puoi provare con qualcos'altro.

Sezione 1: esportazione
[/ spoiler]
[/ spoiler]
-Lancio di Umodel.exe (è negli strumenti di modding)
-Inserisci il percorso per MotoGP18 o naviga ad esso (normalmente è: C: \ Programmi (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ MotoGP ™ 18 o ovunque tu lo abbia installato).
Seleziona " PC " nell'impostazione Piattaforma e poi premi OK .
-Sai sapere avere una finestra con tutte le directory del gioco. Passare a: motogp18 \ Content \ assets \ graphics \ vehicles \ bikes \ bike009 '
0xyNICT.png

Vedrai una cartella per ogni elemento della moto (mesh 3D, animazione, texture ..)
Clicca su skeletal_meshes e poi su bike009.uasset. Vedrai un'anteprima 3D dell'oggetto.
X5xYBz2.jpg

Se fai clic su "Strumenti-> Esporta oggetto corrente" Umodel esporterà tutto ciò che è relativo all'oggetto, ma abbiamo solo bisogno della trama della bici.

- Premere "O" per uscire dall'anteprima 3D. Clicca su "texture" e trova la livrea della bici (è " livery009_d.uasset" . Clicca su "Strumenti-> Esporta".
Kr09hIJ.jpg

-Umodel creerà automaticamente una cartella denominata "UmodelExport" in cui si trova Umodel.exe.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game

Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, name it "MotoGP18". Click on Create Project.
6nB7U63.jpg
8uqvolg.jpg
- Drag your modded texture where the starter content was.
- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!

Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp18". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
motogp18\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\bike009\textures
Create the missing folders.
- Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\MotoGP18\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\MotoGP18\Content
here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
motogp18\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\bike009\textures.
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Hold down CTRL+Shift and right click->Select "Open command window here". Copy paste this:
u4pak.py pack pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak motogp18
Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod.pak"
Copy the pak file you created and paste into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™18\motogp18\Content\Paks
or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.

You're done! Check your mod in game.
[/QUOTE]

ok little scheme for papuzu and all others
folder paks
bike 001- aprilia
textures of expargaro and redding
bike004- ducati
textures of reale avintia number 10-texture pull and bear karel abraham
bike005- ducati
textures avintia rabat-pull bear barbera-pramac miller
bike009 ducati
textures pramac petrucci- factory dovizioso
bike010 ducati
textures lorenzo
bike011 honda
textures pedrosa
bike012 honda
textures marquez
bike013 honda
textures nagakami-morbidelli-luthi
bike014 honda
textures crutchlow
bike018 KTM
textures smith-expargaro
bike020 suzuki
textures rins-iannone
bike021 yamaha
textures vinales-zarco
bike022 yamaha
textures rossi
bike024 yamaha
textures siharin

Jonix, thanks a lot for your tutorial! You've been a great help in the MotoGP community for the past years, so I gotta compliment you on that... this new engine raises some questions though.

You reckon there is a way to change the career suit to Dainese, if not only changing the texture/normal map? I remember back in MotoGP 13 you had to change some hex text to have a certain helmet model, so I suspect the same thing happens for suits... any ideas?
Thanks again

ok little scheme for papuzu and all others
folder paks
bike 001- aprilia
textures of expargaro and redding
bike004- ducati
textures of reale avintia number 10-texture pull and bear karel abraham
bike005- ducati
textures avintia rabat-pull bear barbera-pramac miller
bike009 ducati
textures pramac petrucci- factory dovizioso
bike010 ducati
textures lorenzo
bike011 honda
textures pedrosa
bike012 honda
textures marquez
bike013 honda
textures nagakami-morbidelli-luthi
bike014 honda
textures crutchlow
bike018 KTM
textures smith-expargaro
bike020 suzuki
textures rins-iannone
bike021 yamaha
textures vinales-zarco
bike022 yamaha
textures rossi
bike024 yamaha
textures siharin

so step by step explain me, if I want viñales bike with wings copying rossi's bike what do I have to do?

Thanks Jonix !
With your tutorial I was able to get my favorite helmet back. It's gonna need some work to look great but it's a start and I feel better already :)
20180613000926_1.jpg

Jonix, thanks a lot for your tutorial! You've been a great help in the MotoGP community for the past years, so I gotta compliment you on that... this new engine raises some questions though.

You reckon there is a way to change the career suit to Dainese, if not only changing the texture/normal map? I remember back in MotoGP 13 you had to change some hex text to have a certain helmet model, so I suspect the same thing happens for suits... any ideas?
Thanks again
I think you have to edit the right table for it. It must be in some database table

I don't have any experience with the UE4 Editor so is there a way to improve the compression settings in the texture editor?

the regular DXT1 compression settings are giving me some really nasty artifacts and graining
b3e8cc85aa5771808aceb81296b17c12.png

I was looking to change a helmet livery, followed tutorial step by step but when i create the file .pak to paste in the game folder i realised the dimension is 0kb. Where the mistake was? Maybe with the save or the cooking of the files? Of course there was no mod in game

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.