MGP18 MotoGP 18 Modding Tutorial

I'm trying to put some helmet liveries on the game by overwriting them into the previous ones but it isn't working. I did everything right off the tutorial but the textures just doesn't appear on game. Do I need to rename the file to helmet_000_d (for example) before repacking or it doesnt matter?

I'm trying to put some helmet liveries on the game by overwriting them into the previous ones but it isn't working. I did everything right off the tutorial but the textures just doesn't appear on game. Do I need to rename the file to helmet_000_d (for example) before repacking or it doesnt matter?

can you try and make petrucci wings in blue and white and factory ducati wings?

eskkew if i understand well the tutorial you can't overwrite any file, you can make your own work with the original file and put it in the same folder were is the original an so you can see in game

eskkew if i understand well the tutorial you can't overwrite any file you cam make your own work and put it in the same file were is the original an so you can see in game

I need this different files as separate ones:

files with:

1)yamaha red eneos sides

2)dovi & lorenzo no wings
j miller blue wings & petrucci no wings

3)dovi no wings & lorenzo wings

4) dovi & lorenzo wings
j miller blue wings & petrucci white wings

5) dovi & lorenzo wings
j miller and petrucci blue wings

I need this different files as separate ones:

files with:

1)yamaha red eneos sides

2)dovi & lorenzo no wings

3)dovi no wings & lorenzo wings

4) dovi & lorenzo wings
j miller blue wings & petrucci white wings

5) dovi & lorenzo wings
j miller and petrucci blue wings
i need so many things in my life but this ones are not my priority
forgive me!!......ahahaahah
sorry papuzu i'm joking

1) extract and edit the texture
2)load it in Unreal Engine and select File->Cook content for windows.
This will create three files per texture (located in your Project folder, read main post)
3) In the "Import in game" folder, you have a motogp18 folder. Inside it recreate the path where you took the texture from (Like: motogp18/Content/assets/graphics/vehicles..)
Paste the three cooked files (you don't need the .tga texture, just the three files from UE)
Make sure the path is to the files is the same you see in Umodel.
4) Create the pak and place it where all the other paks of MotoGP18 are.

I don't understand what you're doing, but I hope this helps you.
Basically the paks you create override the default ones
pakchunk0...default.pak (default stuff)
pakchunc0_madeByMe.pak (contains only your edited stuff, but overrides what is contained in the default one)

hahaha :p could those be created?
in theory you can create but you really don't imagine how mutch work to do for example you must open the miller 3D model and discover where are the 3d objects that compose the wings than detach it from the model export it than open the lorenzo bike model import the files of wings exported before attach it on the model, work on it to fit than retexture this files of wings exporting the unwrap files reassigne the new texture and for last try if it is visible ingame, it's one of the possibly way, alternative is to create from scratch but is more difficoulty because you must respect parameters how totally amount of poligons and how must be scaled this wings from model
this papiro si only to not encourage you to ask more of it ahahahaah

in theory you can create but you really don't imagine how mutch work to do for example you must open the miller 3D model and discover where are the 3d objects that compose the wings than detach it from the model export it than open the lorenzo bike model import the files of wings exported before attach it on the model, work on it to fit than retexture this files of wings exporting the unwrap files reassigne the new texture and for last try if it is visible ingame, it's one of the possibly way, alternative is to create from scratch but is more difficoulty because you must respect parameters how totally amount of poligons and how must be scaled this wings from model
this papiro si only to not encourage you to ask more of it ahahahaah

you can just try...the game will look a lot better :p

Requirements:
1) Download these tools: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/motogp-18-modding-tools.153829/#post-2765300
2) You need Unreal Engine Editor.
3) Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed.

In the tutorial we'll modify a bike skin, but once you know the method you can try with something else.

Section 1: Export
-Launch Umodel.exe (It's in the modding tools)
-Insert the path to MotoGP18 or navigate to it (Normally it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™18 or wherever you have installed it).
Select "PC" in the Platform setting and then hit OK.
-You'll know have a windows with all the directories of the game. Navigate to: motogp18\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\bike009'
0xyNICT.png

You'll see a folder for each element of the bike (3D mesh, animation, textures..)
Click on skeletal_meshes and then on bike009.uasset. You'll see a 3D preview of the object.
X5xYBz2.jpg

If you click on "Tools->Export current object" Umodel will export everything related to the object, but we only need the bike texture.

- Press "O" to exit the 3D preview. Click on "textures" and find the bike livery (it's "livery009_d.uasset". Click on "Tools->Export".
Kr09hIJ.jpg

-Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game

Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, name it "MotoGP18". Click on Create Project.
6nB7U63.jpg
- Delete the Starter Content.
8uqvolg.jpg
- Drag your modded texture where the starter content was.
- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!

Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp18". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
motogp18\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\bike009\textures
Create the missing folders.
- Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\MotoGP18\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\MotoGP18\Content
here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
motogp18\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\bike009\textures.
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Hold down CTRL+Shift and right click->Select "Open command window here". Copy paste this:
u4pak.py pack pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak motogp18
Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod.pak"
Copy the pak file you created and paste into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™18\motogp18\Content\Paks
or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.

You're done! Check your mod in game.
Thanks Jonix, good tutorial. I think it’s interesting that the bikes have the numbers on the livery now, once I get the game for PC I’ll definitely try this out, let’s just hope we can still edit the database.

ME? you said ME? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! had just give it so many happy hours of mine years ago i said BASTA! long time ago

stay calm mate, that pazuzu guy is the most embarassing spam bot that I have ever seen, just leave him alone and ignore his efforts and his social incompetence :D

I saw a guy on YouTube model wings for the Yamaha in gp17, he couldn’t import it of course but he might make some mods of wings but probably not on this website

I know a guy on motogp17 mod page on here who knows, it's the same guy who did the optical ilusion wings :p

I work to put the wings on the official ducatis and on the M1 of Zarcon, but this is my first attempt and for me it is not simple, I must not have the right method

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.