MGP18 MotoGP 18 Modding Tutorial

Requirements:
1) Download these tools: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/motogp-18-modding-tools.153829/#post-2765300
2) You need Unreal Engine Editor.
3) Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed.

Video tutorial (How to edit skins):

Text tutorial (skins):

In the tutorial we'll modify a bike skin, but once you know the method you can try with something else.

Section 1: Export
-Launch Umodel.exe (It's in the modding tools)
-Insert the path to MotoGP18 or navigate to it (Normally it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™18 or wherever you have installed it).
Select "PC" in the Platform setting and then hit OK.
-You'll know have a windows with all the directories of the game. Navigate to: motogp18\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\bike009'
0xyNICT.png

You'll see a folder for each element of the bike (3D mesh, animation, textures..)
Click on skeletal_meshes and then on bike009.uasset. You'll see a 3D preview of the object.
X5xYBz2.jpg

If you click on "Tools->Export current object" Umodel will export everything related to the object, but we only need the bike texture.

- Press "O" to exit the 3D preview. Click on "textures" and find the bike livery (it's "livery009_d.uasset". Click on "Tools->Export".
Kr09hIJ.jpg

-Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game

Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, name it "MotoGP18". Click on Create Project.
6nB7U63.jpg
- Delete the Starter Content.
8uqvolg.jpg
- Drag your modded texture where the starter content was.
- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!

Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp18". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
motogp18\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\bike009\textures
Create the missing folders.
- Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\MotoGP18\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\MotoGP18\Content
here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
motogp18\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\bike009\textures.
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Hold down CTRL+Shift and right click->Select "Open command window here". Copy paste this:
u4pak.py pack pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak motogp18
Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod.pak"
Copy the pak file you created and paste into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP™18\motogp18\Content\Paks
or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.

You're done! Check your mod in game.

Last edited:
So would I be able to put the winged ilussion ducati on there or for example, put my motogp17 physics on there?
1) You can edit the 3D model, create the winglets, and import back in game.
2) You can't put motoGP 17 physics there because it's a different engine.

For some tracks: I think it was mugello , petrucci used wings, white ones, then on mugello blue ones, etc. I've got the optical ilusion wings of motogp17 but I don't know if someone can help me put them on the motogp18 game. And of course let's don't forget some tracks lorenzo uses wings and dovi doesn't

For some tracks: I think it was mugello , petrucci used wings, white ones, then on mugello blue ones, etc. I've got the optical ilusion wings of motogp17 but I don't know if someone can help me put them on the motogp18 game. And of course let's don't forget some tracks lorenzo uses wings and dovi doesn't

Well, then I suggest you to try an easy solution to your unsolved problem: Mod the ducati livery on the Pramac that has wings (or the avintia) and copy the models to the ducati folder and see if it works

Well, then I suggest you to try an easy solution to your unsolved problem: Mod the ducati livery on the Pramac that has wings (or the avintia) and copy the models to the ducati folder and see if it works

I know but what I've got is the optical ilusion wings from motogp 17 and I've tried to export them but gives me error.

In order for the wings to work properly in the game you would have to adjust the texture UV wrap to fit with the winglet as well, or make it a separate texture... don't forget that

In order for the wings to work properly in the game you would have to adjust the texture UV wrap to fit with the winglet as well, or make it a separate texture... don't forget that

I've got the optical ilussion fairings I just need files for different alternate choosing which are these:

files with:

1)yamaha red eneos sides

2)dovi & lorenzo no wings
j miller blue wings & petrucci no wings

3)dovi no wings & lorenzo wings

4) dovi & lorenzo wings
j miller blue wings & petrucci white wings

5) dovi & lorenzo wings
j miller and petrucci blue wings

I've got the optical ilussion fairings I just need files for different alternate choosing which are these:

files with:

1)yamaha red eneos sides

2)dovi & lorenzo no wings

3)dovi no wings & lorenzo wings

4) dovi & lorenzo wings
j miller blue wings & petrucci white wings

5) dovi & lorenzo wings
j miller and petrucci blue wings

I've got the dds files, i just need someone to do it for me cause the program gives me error.

but you can use millers bike.you only have to retexture it to ducati 18 livery.it has the same wings as dovi and lorenzo.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%