MGP18 MotoGP 18 Modding Tutorial

Thank you for your careful instruction and successful implementation of a simple helmet MOD.
Although it is just a finished product that is based on the game's built-in helmet as a prototype,
I will continue to work hard to draw.
綠爪帽.jpg

Guys really, I'm no expert. If you follow the tutorial and modify what I did, it works.
Once you've understood how it works, you can start editing whatever you want to try to edit.

That being said, I'll try to add the solutions to your problem in the main post. Good luck everyone1!

I thank you, I just wanted to know if the path you typed was correct in the 2 images attached thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    137.8 KB · Views: 659
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    112.9 KB · Views: 437
I thank you, I just wanted to know if the path you typed was correct in the 2 images attached thank you
Try this: Cick on the word icon (bottom left).
Type "cmd", run command prompt. Now navigate to the root folder of "Import in game"
In your case, you can type this command to navigate there:
Code:
cd desktop\MotoGP 18 Modding tools\Import in game
Now you should be in the right directory. You can execute the python script by running:
Code:
u4pak.py pack pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak motogp18

What's up guys
just would like to ask if any of you know a way how to replace (or even add) things like helmet models, gloves or eventually to add a new team...
Thank you for your ideas

ancora nulla grazie a Jonix x il supporto.. ma se invio la foto del casco qualcuno piò generarmi il file.pak? grazie mille
Send me a PM
Is it possible to modify the skins in 3D on photoshop so to see what we do directly and if so, how. Thank you
Export 3D model with Umodel. It will export materials and textures automatically.
Import it in 3DS max with ActorX Import plugin. Make sure the texture is applied, the Export as .obj.
You can then import .obj files in Photoshop and edit them ;)

Has anyone found out or knows how to import custom number for career in game? In GP17 i edited the fonts file and that was the way then, but now i searched and none of the font files are editable. I am not sure if i made a mistake somewhere.

Send me a PM

Export 3D model with Umodel. It will export materials and textures automatically.
Import it in 3DS max with ActorX Import plugin. Make sure the texture is applied, the Export as .obj.
Thank you very much for your help, I test it as soon as possible

[QUOTE = "Jonix, post: 2765310, membro: 17045"] Requisiti:
1) Scarica questi strumenti: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/motogp-18-modding-tools.153829/#post-2765300
2) Hai bisogno di Unreal Engine Editor.
3) Assicurati inoltre di aver installato Python 2.7.

Nel tutorial modificheremo una skin per bici, ma una volta che conosci il metodo puoi provare con qualcos'altro.

Sezione 1: esportazione
[/ spoiler]
[/ spoiler]
-Lancio di Umodel.exe (è negli strumenti di modding)
-Inserisci il percorso per MotoGP18 o naviga ad esso (normalmente è: C: \ Programmi (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ MotoGP ™ 18 o ovunque tu lo abbia installato).
Seleziona " PC " nell'impostazione Piattaforma e poi premi OK .
-Sai sapere avere una finestra con tutte le directory del gioco. Passare a: motogp18 \ Content \ assets \ graphics \ vehicles \ bikes \ bike009 '
0xyNICT.png

Vedrai una cartella per ogni elemento della moto (mesh 3D, animazione, texture ..)
Clicca su skeletal_meshes e poi su bike009.uasset. Vedrai un'anteprima 3D dell'oggetto.
X5xYBz2.jpg

Se fai clic su "Strumenti-> Esporta oggetto corrente" Umodel esporterà tutto ciò che è relativo all'oggetto, ma abbiamo solo bisogno della trama della bici.

- Premere "O" per uscire dall'anteprima 3D. Clicca su "texture" e trova la livrea della bici (è " livery009_d.uasset" . Clicca su "Strumenti-> Esporta".
Kr09hIJ.jpg

-Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game

Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, name it "MotoGP18". Click on Create Project.
6nB7U63.jpg
- Delete the Starter Content.
8uqvolg.jpg
- Drag your modded texture where the starter content was.
- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!

Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "motogp18". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
motogp18\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\bike009\textures
Create the missing folders.
- Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\MotoGP18\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\MotoGP18\Content
here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
motogp18\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\bike009\textures.
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Hold down CTRL+Shift and right click->Select "Open command window here". Copy paste this:
u4pak.py pack pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak motogp18
Una volta fatto (è veloce), avrai un file chiamato " pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak ". Sostituisci la X con qualcos'altro, come " pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod.pak "
Copia il file pak che hai creato e incollalo in:

C: \ Programmi (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ MotoGP ™ 18 \ motogp18 \ Content \ Paks
o ovunque tu abbia installato il gioco. Assicurati di copiarlo dove sono tutti gli altri file Pak.

Hai finito! Controlla la tua mod in gioco.
[/CITAZIONE]
The tutorial is complete. If you have questions, ask here.

Aiuto . . . Ho creato la bici e ho applicato un numero creato da me.
ma quando invio il gioco, il numero è coperto dal carattere del gioco. come posso cancellare il font del gioco?
perdona il mio pessimo inglese . Grazie in anticipo

ancora nulla grazie a Jonix x il supporto.. ma se invio la foto del casco qualcuno piò generarmi il file.pak? grazie mille
Prova a scaricare il file u4pak.exe (io ho fatto così e mi funziona), sostituiscilo a quello che c'è già nel tool di Jonix e poi fai la stessa procedura inserendo però questo
\.u4pak.exe pack pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak motogp18

Send me a PM

Despite the installation of the plugin of actor x in 3Ds max and loaded in the options of plug in, my 3d file extracted from the game (in .psk), I have an error message when I want to open it with 3Ds max. I must miss something

Has anyone found out or knows how to import custom number for career in game? In GP17 i edited the fonts file and that was the way then, but now i searched and none of the font files are editable. I am not sure if i made a mistake somewhere.
Or, does someone know how to remove custom numbers, because then i could edit the custom bike paint and have custom number that way?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%