More Power Units F1 2021

Misc More Power Units F1 2021 1.07

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, any chances to have the manual installation guide more clarified, i can't get it to work
sure thing, I made a few images and placed them in the manual install guide on the mod page (press that Manual Install Spoiler: Instructions button). Let me know if it makes thing more clear! Oh and I left a single pdn. image file for BMW flow_customisations erp. Please ignore that use the dds. files only.

Last edited:
sure thing, I made a few images and placed them in the manual install guide on the mod page (press that Manual Install Spoiler: Instructions button). Let me know if it makes thing more clear! Oh and I left a single pdn. image file for BMW flow_customisations erp. Please ignore that use the dds. files only.
Thanks. Great job :inlove:

After attempting to try out this mod, my game keeps crashing when loading into a track. I technically only partially installed the mod in the sense of not installing the "Red Bull uses Porsche" or "Aston Martin their own engine portions", but got everything else set up, and I do have modular mods installed. Would either of these cause the CTDs?

Last edited:
After attempting to try out this mod, my game keeps crashing when loading into a track. I technically only partially installed the mod in the sense of not installing the "Red Bull uses Porsche" or "Aston Martin their own engine portions", but got everything else set up, and I do have modular mods installed. Would either of these cause the CTDs?
First check that you have my audio bdl. files installed. If you forgot them it will definately crash the game.

Otherwise - It will be modular mods possibly if you have it overriding one of the teams or Myteam cars whatever you have mod wise that you also have modded through my mod at same time. Or you forgot the modular mods base files first before installing everything else. Do that before installing my mods? I wont guarentee that works because my work possibly may replace some base files depending on their names..

Orrr.. because the game just updated recently, steam may have automatically removed some of your mods? Sorry if my advice didnt help. I would make this a modular mod but im too limited with the templates i can use. I might get in touch with the guys who make modular mods.

I just installed the update you posted yesterday, but it seems the BMW engine is causing my game to crash in MyTeam. First the audio cuts out, and then the game freezes.

I just installed the update you posted yesterday, but it seems the BMW engine is causing my game to crash in MyTeam. First the audio cuts out, and then the game freezes.
Sorry to hear that! It seems that it works fine on this side though I reinstalled it and made a new myteam save with BMW picked but the sound and performance works fine? Did you install it manually or just copy & paste? Have you looked at the screenshot guide for manual installation in case you have made any small mistake or missed something?

I'm going to assume that somewhere along the line, I messed up installing it manually. I had installed the engine sounds in the proper place, so I knew it wasn't that. I tried it again after uninstalling Modular Mods and it still crashed, so I did the copy/paste install version instead, and that has thus far worked for me.

I will say this though, the Aston engine sounds more akin to what I've envisioned for what it would sound like if Dodge entered the sport, so I've left Aston to using the Merc Engine (and Red Bull the Honda), and might make a personal adjustment to have the Aston engine be labeled as a Dodge engine instead. I'll have to reinstall my personal My Team scheme (or livery or whatever y'alls call it) for the 4 MyTeam car folders (as well as the numbers for it), but at least I don't have to worry about being bound by the base game's engine sounds anymore!

Have a question, does the Mod replace the old PUS? Or do they get added to the 4 that are currently in the Game? So that you have 8 PUS instead of 4 and does the mix up in the Screen or how do i choose if there are 8?

Have a question, does the Mod replace the old PUS? Or do they get added to the 4 that are currently in the Game? So that you have 8 PUS instead of 4 and does the mix up in the Screen or how do i choose if there are 8?
Theres 8 out on track:
Mercedes & McLaren - Mercedes PU
Ferrari & Alfa Romeo - Ferrari PU
Alpine - Renault PU
Alpha Tauri - Honda PU
Red Bull - Porsche PU
Williams - BMW PU
Aston Martin - Aston PU
Haas - Ford PU

Myteam - you choose from 4 (just the new ones). Unfortuantly the game is designed to let you only choose between 4 so i replaced these with the new power units.

Sorry to hear that! It seems that it works fine on this side though I reinstalled it and made a new myteam save with BMW picked but the sound and performance works fine? Did you install it manually or just copy & paste? Have you looked at the screenshot guide for manual installation in case you have made any small mistake or missed something?
Thank you for your support, I installed it manually (i replaced all the files with the correct ones, I'm 99% sure of that) so it wouldn't collide with other mods I have installed (like the more camera angles). But when i copy-pasted the mod and then added my other mods it was all working fine. So again thanks for your support but it was probably my mistake for installing the manual files wrong.

Thank you for your support, I installed it manually (i replaced all the files with the correct ones, I'm 99% sure of that) so it wouldn't collide with other mods I have installed (like the more camera angles). But when i copy-pasted the mod and then added my other mods it was all working fine. So again thanks for your support but it was probably my mistake for installing the manual files wrong.
All good so its work fine with the camera mod and such! Thats awesome to hear :)

HeskeyBoy21 updated More Power Units F1 2021 with a new update entry:

New Liveries Update

• Added a new copy & paste installation option to change up the liveries and decals of teams that use custom power units.
  • New Haas livery added to look somewhat like the 2022 livery.
  • Ford badges and Ford Performance decals are now included on the Haas.
  • Red Bull Honda decals are all replaced with Porsche decals (badges included).
  • Williams livery revamped with BMW logo on engine cover and new colour scheme to match.
  • Williams decals updated to include BMW logo and mottos...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea