More Power Units F1 2021

Misc More Power Units F1 2021 1.07

Login or Register an account to download this content
HeskeyBoy21 submitted a new resource:

More Power Units F1 2021 - Porsche, Ford & Aston Martin PUs!

Read more about this resource...
Hey! I was wondering if there's anyway you can make it optional for certain teams to have their power units swapped/not swapped with the modded ones? I would love for Williams/Haas/Aston to have them swapped but want the rest to stay vanilla. I'm sure others are wanting similar configurations. Appreciate what you've done and love the mod!

Hey! I was wondering if there's anyway you can make it optional for certain teams to have their power units swapped/not swapped with the modded ones? I would love for Williams/Haas/Aston to have them swapped but want the rest to stay vanilla. I'm sure others are wanting similar configurations. Appreciate what you've done and love the mod!
You can install it manually. That's what i did for MyTeam, i just have installed porsche PU for my team and the Williams, haas and aston.

Like chechu_jsr14 said. To keep it simple extract the folders only for the teams you want and ignore the ones you don't want changing.

How could i keep using the Mercedes PU for myteam while still installing the rest of the mod? Im thinking install everything but the FOM files right?

EDIT:
And what lines do i have to move around to swap/restore certain engines? The Porsche engine, while virtually the same as the RB Honda engine, just isnt my cup of tea.

Last edited:
How could i keep using the Mercedes PU for myteam while still installing the rest of the mod? Im thinking install everything but the FOM files right?

EDIT:
And what lines do i have to move around to swap/restore certain engines? The Porsche engine, while virtually the same as the RB Honda engine, just isnt my cup of tea.
Sorry for the late reply. Use the standard copy and paste and leave out the myteam mercedes folder from the mod when installing. This will be complicated with the modular mods version as it would need manual tweaking. You would want to manually install json and vtf files for all except for myteam mercedes obviously.
The porsche is not based off the honda stats at all?

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply. Use the standard copy and paste and leave out the myteam mercedes folder from the mod when installing. This will be complicated with the modular mods version as it would need manual tweaking. You would want to manually install json and vtf files for all except for myteam mercedes obviously.
The porsche is not based off the honda stats at all?
No probs, life gets iffy sometimes.

- I havent checked myteam so far, but i did just that. Pasted the ERP files needed for the teams but not the myteam_performance, will quickly check and edit this message later during the day

- I meant that its virtually the same since you didnt change the engine significantly to change the order of RB still having the best car overall.

What i intend to do is make Alpha Tauri have the Porsche engine while RB keeps the Honda one. Would it be as "simple" as going into Notepad++ and change the names around in the vtf files, or would it take more to do so with modular mods?

If it helps understand where im coming from, im a big sucker for engine sounds lol.

No probs, life gets iffy sometimes.

- I havent checked myteam so far, but i did just that. Pasted the ERP files needed for the teams but not the myteam_performance, will quickly check and edit this message later during the day

- I meant that its virtually the same since you didnt change the engine significantly to change the order of RB still having the best car overall.

What i intend to do is make Alpha Tauri have the Porsche engine while RB keeps the Honda one. Would it be as "simple" as going into Notepad++ and change the names around in the vtf files, or would it take more to do so with modular mods?

If it helps understand where im coming from, im a big sucker for engine sounds lol.
thanks for understanding! If you want you can wait for v1.07 (its close to finished) and I could add an option to only have Alpha Tauri use Porsche engines before Redbull decide to switch from Honda? I will make this a separate performance_f1_teams.erp file for Modular mods version!

HeskeyBoy21 updated More Power Units F1 2021 with a new update entry:

July Update Release

• Added option for Modular Mods version to allow Alpha Tauri to use Porsche PU instead of Red Bull.
  • Changed the audio of the Aston Martin Power Unit to be more suitable for the v6 turbo hybrid era (old sound remains inside!).
  • Removed both copy & paste installation options in favour of the modular version. This was necessary as the mod was becoming too large.
  • Overhauled UI elements for MyTeam Power Unit selection screen.
  • New UI elements for Haas F1 Team on team...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It just replaces the current engines with the new ones, is this supposed to happen or is it a bug?
for your MyTeam choices, there's only the 4 new ones. No way around this, its how the game is designed. It is possible to only overwrite certain MyTeam choices if you wish.

Regardless, for the rest of the grid (the real life teams) there's a total of 8. You can tell when spectating other onboards for example.

Last edited:
Is there a way in which we can remove say aston martin or ford? Or even just add BMW or porsche as stand alones?
Sorry I am sure I responded to this earlier unless it didn't get through.

You can absolutely install just a couple of the new ones if you wish. You want to manually install the JSONS and VTF files into the respective MyTeam 'erp' files though. You can find them in the "_manual Install" folder.

MyTeam Mercedes & RedBull / Alpha Tauri -> Porsche
MyTeam Ferrari & Haas -> Ford
MyTeam Renault & Williams -> BMW
MyTeam Honda & Aston Martin -> Aston

These replace the MyTeam PU choices for the start of each season & real life team's suppliers. Of course the audio files you will be using also need to be installed.

Last edited:
Is there a way to install the porsche sound mod using the Mercedes chassis on my team?
If your mercedes chassis mod changes the carmisc_myteam.erp then heres what you do:
You can export the top json for the myteam from "carmisc_myteam.erp" (in the pkg files tab). You can edit jsons with notepad++ or sublime text for example. The json file is called "myteam_TEAM_carmodel!!!temp000.layer. Edit line 55 so after bundlename its "stri v8_tb_mercedes_amg_gt_black_f122.bdl", at the end. Export the newly changed file and you should hear it, as long as the audio files are installed obviously.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.